Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > PERLITE what size?

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
PERLITE what size? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2011, 09:19 PM #1
Yesca73

Yesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of light
Question PERLITE what size?

does anybody have any recomendations on what size perlite to use? will be filling a 65 gallon smartpot with FoxFarm OF 7cf and perlite 2cf.
Yesca73 is offline Quote

Old 05-16-2011, 09:26 PM #2
Apicalmeristem

Apicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of lightApicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of lightApicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of lightApicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of lightApicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of lightApicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of lightApicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of lightApicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of lightApicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of lightApicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of lightApicalmeristem is a glorious beacon of light
The chunky perlite from fox farm is the shit, though hard to find sometimes. I was told that perilite is a byproduct of the Sheetrock and gypsum industry, so since recession has hit building and construction industries Sheetrock is in less demand therefor there is less byproduct, perilite to go around. Now I'm not sure if this info is right but it may help you somehow.
Oh the chunkier the perilite the better drainage and aeration the faster roots grow. Hope this helps
Apicalmeristem is offline Quote

Old 05-16-2011, 10:03 PM #3
Bud Sweat

Bud Sweat is on a distinguished road
big and chunky! fox farms makes it like mentioned above and it works great. I ended up getting some shittier perlite this year from agway though just for convenience and price purposes.
Bud Sweat is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2011, 01:30 AM #4
GrnMtFinn

GrnMtFinn will become famous soon enough
the chunkier it is, the more aeration to roots it provides.

GrnMtFinn is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2011, 04:18 AM #5
SwampCabbage

SwampCabbage is on a distinguished road
I'm using 2 sizes, big and small, just to cover my bases. What about adding some rice hulls?
SwampCabbage is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2011, 06:15 AM #6
guest8905

fox farm big and chunky

Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 AM #7
Rysam

I use the cheapest perlite I can find. I got a HUGE bag of redi-gro? for 12 bucks.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:54 AM #8
forty
shoulda known better

forty is just really niceforty is just really niceforty is just really niceforty is just really niceforty is just really niceforty is just really niceforty is just really niceforty is just really niceforty is just really niceforty is just really nice
the home depot shit is too fine and turns into a soggy couscous.. stick with the big n chunky as recommended.
forty is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:48 AM #9
Yesca73

Yesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of lightYesca73 is a glorious beacon of light
thanx for all the responses. I was think about the Home Depot perlite but it did look to small. I asked my local hydro store for FF big n chuncky and they said they couldnt get it.all i found was Sunshine and something called maiden earth#4 . will probaly call around more tomorrow and see if i can find Fox Farm perlite
Yesca73 is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2011, 03:21 PM #10
Rysam

I have no clue how these got like this with garden store perlite? Shit, maybe i need to spend 2x as much next time.

I cant believe Ive been fooled all along.
Oh wait, this was grown in perlite from the same source (same bagged brand)..better not use it again "as recommended"