You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Fiddynut's indoor jungle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2018, 03:03 AM #2291
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
i looked at the garmin watches when i was shopping for moms fitbit
/she was the one that started me and the mrs on this walking kick
they have a lot of features and i hope he digs his watch
does he also walk and count steps or is he mostly using it for riding
the app is called strava and you can get it free online
it uses your phones gps to track your ride
its cool because it has a lot of cool data to geek out on and also shows where other people have ridden; we have found a couple fun rides off the strava maps
check it out man, especially if you bring your phone on rides with you
if you do get it, set it so it pings at its most frequent interval
its not a true "counter" like the thing i have on my bike which uses a magnate on the tire to count rotations
its basically pings a series of dots and then connects them to reach your final tally for distance
glad to hear you guys are enjoying your rides and i hope the two of you keep kicking ass!

that sucks about your company moving to another state but it sounds like you have some time to figure things out
i hear you about wanting to leave cali, especially if it keeps going in the direction its been heading the past decade or so
utah is kind of cool, the mrs just got back from visiting a friend of hers who moved there and had a great time hiking and enjoying the outdoors
but the laws there are like something straight out of the 50's and you have the religious zealots to deal with
the good thing is its only like 8h drive, maybe you can roll out and check the scene before you make a choice
also, i wonder what the schools are like and how the boys will like it there

that sounds like a great dog,fishy
as long as she wasnt mistreated i think most dogs have a natural "momma bear" instinct
i dont blame you for keeping an eye on the pup,especially with a little one but once they become bonded that dog will become like a best friend and watch over her
ive ran a few different hydro set ups and i know you can do this
keep up posted on how it goes and be sure to holler if you ahve any questions
soil less cloning is no problem,bro; remember fiddys set up
seed or clones im sure you will do great
pop_rocks is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:59 AM #2292
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
i looked at the garmin watches when i was shopping for moms fitbit
/she was the one that started me and the mrs on this walking kick
they have a lot of features and i hope he digs his watch
does he also walk and count steps or is he mostly using it for riding
the app is called strava and you can get it free online
it uses your phones gps to track your ride
its cool because it has a lot of cool data to geek out on and also shows where other people have ridden; we have found a couple fun rides off the strava maps
check it out man, especially if you bring your phone on rides with you
if you do get it, set it so it pings at its most frequent interval
its not a true "counter" like the thing i have on my bike which uses a magnate on the tire to count rotations
its basically pings a series of dots and then connects them to reach your final tally for distance
glad to hear you guys are enjoying your rides and i hope the two of you keep kicking ass!

that sucks about your company moving to another state but it sounds like you have some time to figure things out
i hear you about wanting to leave cali, especially if it keeps going in the direction its been heading the past decade or so
utah is kind of cool, the mrs just got back from visiting a friend of hers who moved there and had a great time hiking and enjoying the outdoors
but the laws there are like something straight out of the 50's and you have the religious zealots to deal with
the good thing is its only like 8h drive, maybe you can roll out and check the scene before you make a choice
also, i wonder what the schools are like and how the boys will like it there

that sounds like a great dog,fishy
as long as she wasnt mistreated i think most dogs have a natural "momma bear" instinct
i dont blame you for keeping an eye on the pup,especially with a little one but once they become bonded that dog will become like a best friend and watch over her
ive ran a few different hydro set ups and i know you can do this
keep up posted on how it goes and be sure to holler if you ahve any questions
soil less cloning is no problem,bro; remember fiddys set up
seed or clones im sure you will do great
I am pretty sure we are not going to Utah, lol. 1 wife is enough for me. Lol. We have friends who are Mormon and that church is wierd. Weird story, The mom cheated on dad , so dad cheated on mom. Dad is a bigshot in the church, mom is ostracized. They won't let her in the temples for her kids wedding.

We have narrowed it down the the Dakota's, Wyoming, or Montana. I agreed to give up Maine (my first choice), ahe gave up Idaho (wifeys first choice)
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 05:58 AM #2293
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to behold
My bro lives in dakotas... pretty country... bit expensive from oil boom a couple years ago
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 09:58 PM #2294
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I've been busy this week and I leave in a couple days for Colorado so it's flying by for me. I will try to get a jungle update with some pics done before I leave. In addition to what I've got going in the jungle I have 5 granola funk clones outside at my friends house that I put in the ground on Sunday. I stopped by this morning and the girls were looking pretty good, they seem to be adapting to life outdoors nicely so far. We haven't grown any photoperiod plants outdoors yet so we will see what happens. We will need some help form Mother Nature in fall for a good finish.

@Badfishy. Your new doggy sounds like a winner. I really like dogs that are chill and friendly. It sounds like she may have some separation anxiety to be eating the blinds. Was this her first time alone in the house? If so she might just need some time to figure out what the schedule is and get into your routine.
Cloning in plain water is a great thing and I've had way more success with the DWC cloner than the plugs and domes. Lots of DIY cloner instructions here and elsewhere on the Internet.

@pop_rocks. He uses his garmin to track his steps, workouts and rides. I'm not sure if he uses it to track his sleep but I like tracking my sleep with my Fitbit. His is working better at getting an accuracy heart rate than mine, mine usually reads quite low on my heart rate when I compare it with the built in ones on the equipment at the gym and when we ride and look at heart rate on his. No way I'm in that good of shape that I'm running 40 bpm less than him on the same ride at the same pace. I tightened the Fitbit up a bit and we will see if that helps. I hear that the only way to truly get accurate HR is to get a chest strap anyway. In the end the important part is getting the rides and workouts in and knowing how good that is for you. Since I started this my blood pressure has gone from about 150/95 to 100/68 yesterday. Pretty good for a middle aged guy!
That strava app sounds cool I'll check it out for sure! I'd love to see how others are doing on the trails and see how I stack up. Downloading it as we speak (or type I guess). Thanks for turning me on to that app!

@Packerfan. I vote Wyoming as a great place to live. We ran into some deadheads from WY at the shows a couple weeks ago and they were cool cats. I told them about how my grandmother was born in a log cabin within sight of Devils tower and how her parients wagon trained it out there. It was a hard life back then but such a beautiful place.
Fiddynut is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 10:31 PM #2295
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really nice
Hello Tribe,
Just returned from a beach trip, we ran away from the hot spell and went south to cool off. Reading the latest posts and damn pf79 moving again. You better think twice before swapping those cali winters for a montana or wyoming one. I did some winter around yellowstone and its not what I prefer for a whole 5 months.

I had temps in the high 90s in my room and no issues at all. I potted up to three gal soaked them with fish and switched before I left so they didn't get too dry. The outdoor tubs same thing I went from 1 gallon to the 30s for two plants so they never used much either. Later on I hope to have more roots and be using 5-6 gal a week outside.

We smoked the Longbottom leaf skunk cross on the trip and found we love it. I had one girl came in early.

I met up with a cousin at the beach and he had fresh rosin from his new press. He promised to bring it over the mtn soon and press some of my popcorn. We may need expert advice from you guys when and if he shows up. temp settings have him confused.

I had a late goji male and I guess he got busy. I'm finding seeds in the bottom buds of the LBL and Elfinstone, havent tried any goji yet so don't know if I have any f2's yet. I had not planned these seeds I only intended to cross my Bangi girls with some Oaxacan Zipolite going for BangO or some derivation of the two names. It was the first time I found surprise seeds and was proud to have them.
You bikers be careful in that heat. Load up on water and minerals the day before a hard ride so you go in with a full tank. You can't catch up in the heat. I saw a post on the guerilla site recommending take an epsom salt bath the night before or after hard exercise to really stoke the Mg. It sure as hell tamps down the muscle pain.
Rodehazrd is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 11:41 PM #2296
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodehazrd View Post
Hello Tribe,
Just returned from a beach trip, we ran away from the hot spell and went south to cool off. Reading the latest posts and damn pf79 moving again. You better think twice before swapping those cali winters for a montana or wyoming one. I did some winter around yellowstone and its not what I prefer for a whole 5 months.

I had temps in the high 90s in my room and no issues at all. I potted up to three gal soaked them with fish and switched before I left so they didn't get too dry. The outdoor tubs same thing I went from 1 gallon to the 30s for two plants so they never used much either. Later on I hope to have more roots and be using 5-6 gal a week outside.

We smoked the Longbottom leaf skunk cross on the trip and found we love it. I had one girl came in early.

I met up with a cousin at the beach and he had fresh rosin from his new press. He promised to bring it over the mtn soon and press some of my popcorn. We may need expert advice from you guys when and if he shows up. temp settings have him confused.

I had a late goji male and I guess he got busy. I'm finding seeds in the bottom buds of the LBL and Elfinstone, havent tried any goji yet so don't know if I have any f2's yet. I had not planned these seeds I only intended to cross my Bangi girls with some Oaxacan Zipolite going for BangO or some derivation of the two names. It was the first time I found surprise seeds and was proud to have them.
You bikers be careful in that heat. Load up on water and minerals the day before a hard ride so you go in with a full tank. You can't catch up in the heat. I saw a post on the guerilla site recommending take an epsom salt bath the night before or after hard exercise to really stoke the Mg. It sure as hell tamps down the muscle pain.
I am so sick of the crazy wackjobs that run the state of Crapifornia. I will deal with the cold to not be taxed to death at every turn. I have lived in the desert all my life. I am happy to never set foot in a God forsaken desert again.

Those long bottom crosses have been stellar in my experience. I have a pack of the headband x lbl, in the stash. I need to squeeze them in soon. Sounds like you guys had a nice beach trip.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:56 AM #2297
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
i havent used my fitbit as much for sleep but the mrs does
i take mine off at night so it can charge so it only tracks my sleep when i take naps
i should try wearing it for a few nights just so i can see what the data looks like
i found the heart rate monitor to be pretty accurate, within +/- 1 beats but like you siad it could be how you are wearing it
they say to wear it loose but i see what you mean about the numbers being kind of suspect
even if the data is off you will see a trend
it sure sounds like you have a lot on your plate and i hope you enjoy your trip to colorado
i once saw a chart that calculated light hours at different latitudes, but if you are really worried about the plants finishing before the frost sets in you could try doing some light dep if that is an option
im not sure what the lineage is on your granola funks, but look for plants that are heavy on the indica

i hear you pack'fan
the state of california is going down the drain and the pain is being felt the most by the middle class and poor
with all we pay in taxes you would think things would be better, but no
our roads are crap and the public schools are close to the bottom and getting worse
any open spaces are being paved over and the cost of housing is beyond belief
im glad i grew up when i did, but this isnt the state i grew up in anymore

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:03 PM #2298
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Greetings friends.

It's hard to believe the week is half over allready. I have a lot to get done before we leave on Thursday afternoon but the more busy I am the faster time passes so I'm ok with that. In addition to all I have going this week I was able to see an old friend from the Bay Area last evening. The wife and I hadent seen her in 15 years since we moved back. She was a San Diego born transplant in San Francisco who moved back to SD about the same time we moved back home. She now lives in Redlands (I think?) and was telling us about the heat that pop and pack have mentioned last week. She really seemed to enjoy the city of Milwaukee, especially the old world third street where all the German bars and restaurants are located.

@Rodehazrd. I'm glad you are finding ways to beat the heat brother. I'm glad your garden did well in your absence, you have a great system that allows you to get away when you want without having to worry about your girls. That is great news about the LBLxSkunk, I have some LBL crosses to get to myself. I hope you find some fire in the seeds you made, even if by accident, lots of elites to be found in accidental pollinations!

@pop_rocks. It's interisting to see how much and what kind of sleep I'm getting with the Fitbit. I am defenatly seeing a trend that I get more and better sleep after a day where I got a lot of exercise and less good sleep after a day of drinking. Good thing days of drinking are few and far between as of late. I'm not too worried about the heart rate being super accurate. Like you said it is still showing trends and it's doing a good job of getting the other data like steps and such. If anything I'm burning even more calories than it says I'm burning which is fine.
I dont think that I have to worry too much about a little frost in the fall we usually don't get any untill November and I've heard that a healthy plant can handle a little of that. What does worry me is if we have a cold wet fall I'm pretty sure we will loose them to mold and PM. Light dep would be great I will have to read up and get some ideas on how to do that. The girls will be pretty big in a couple months so this should be interisting.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:17 AM #2299
pop_rocks

thanks for that bit of information,fiddy
i have no idea when the cold sets in where you live and was worried that it was a serious frost that you were worried about
while plants can take a little cold its the hard frosts you want to worry about outdoors
/the kind that will freeze the plant and destroy the leaf and bud structure
depending on how big they get, light dep could prove to be a problem if you dont have a structure in place
but something as simple a a tarp pulled over the plants every night will give them a head start on flowering and hopefully give them time to finish before the real bad weather hits
if needed,baking soda is a good way of treating PM when used as a foliar spray
that is rad that you got to reunite with a friend from back in the day, this sounds like its been a fun week for you,man
i hope you have a great time and enjoy yourself in co
i can wait to hear your thoughts on the scene you find out there,brother!

Old 07-12-2018, 09:09 PM #2300
Fiddynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
thanks for that bit of information,fiddy
i have no idea when the cold sets in where you live and was worried that it was a serious frost that you were worried about
while plants can take a little cold its the hard frosts you want to worry about outdoors
/the kind that will freeze the plant and destroy the leaf and bud structure
depending on how big they get, light dep could prove to be a problem if you dont have a structure in place
but something as simple a a tarp pulled over the plants every night will give them a head start on flowering and hopefully give them time to finish before the real bad weather hits
if needed,baking soda is a good way of treating PM when used as a foliar spray
that is rad that you got to reunite with a friend from back in the day, this sounds like its been a fun week for you,man
i hope you have a great time and enjoy yourself in co
i can wait to hear your thoughts on the scene you find out there,brother!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

You may be right that I need to be worried about frost as well. The first hard frost is diffrent form year to year but I think it's usually close to November when it usually hits. Actually I just looked online and it says average first frost is mid to late October. And I know I have to be worried about cool wet weather too. Basically it comes down to needing some help from Mother Nature. I will have a good idea of how quickly they finish in my tent once bud set happens. Just have to hope for nice dry and warm fall. Thanks for the tip using baking soda as a folar treatment.
It was a great time getting together with our old friend. We rehashed a lot of old memories and it was really nice to get out. It has been a great week for sure.
I'll have plenty to talk about when I get back next week. Not sure if I'll be partaking or not but my bro scored a couple grams of MDA for us and there will be plenty of acid around. If I do indulge it will be sat night because the next day is always rough for me with no sleep and the brain drain thing going on. I'll try to get pics and share some stories for sure.
I hope your week finishes well and you have a great weekend brother...Fiddy.