What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MyDx personal analyser

audiohi

Veteran
There was a software update on Friday. Since then I'm getting more results also. Even on samples that tested 0.000 previously. If nothing else, you have to give them credit for communication and follow up. It may not be perfect, but they aren't hiding from their testers in any way. Besides their support channels, they're making individual calls to discuss the good and the bad.

oldchuck

Veteran
Now we're getting somewhere maybe. I'll have to give it another try. I haven't looked at the software update yet.

SecretGuest

I could not get the device to work while using the app on my iphone 4s. I ended up getting it to work with a friend's iPad. Also just make sure your bluetooth is turned on and that in your settings of the MyDX app you have selected YES to "Do you have a MyDX?"

My only concern is that the sample of OG CHEM I used came from bud I purchased at a rec store so it came with lab results on the label. The lab results as advertised were 32% THC. Now, I personally don't believe a 32% THC weed exists, so I'm more trusting of the results I got from MyDX, especially when samples of other strains have turned up even higher than the OG CHEM's 22% (see my previous link).

I will upload more analyses later.

SecretGuest

I think that would be the test though - to compare MyDX results with the percents on the label of bud bought at the rec store. Next week I am going to go buy some joints of different strains all at different percents. I want to test the really low range as well as the really high and middle.

BTW - Does anyone think that state-certified labs could be fudging results, either by accident or on purpose?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
why doesn't someone test a sample and get the numbers, then retest with the sample cut with a dried kitchen herb at 50% and 90% and see if the thing has any accuracy?

Rickys bong

Veteran
why doesn't someone test a sample and get the numbers, then retest with the sample cut with a dried kitchen herb at 50% and 90% and see if the thing has any accuracy?

Very good idea. I'd also like to see what happens if a test is done while deliberately using the wrong strain for setup in the app.
Secretguest got fairly consistent results.

If you tested a sample of bud and then tested the same sample but entered a high CBD strain and see what comes up.

This may just be sensing the presence of a few terpenes and comparing that to a database and making some projections of THC content.
Since it can't analyze THCA content it makes me thing it's just using a database and not really doing any quantatative analysis.

Will it work with your ipad or phone in airplane mode?

Pistils_at_dawn

My DX Experience

My DX Experience

I also have a mydx beta and at first i received a few 0.0000% readings but only when the battery was low..

I also realised soon after beginning to profile a few strains that you cannot smoke or vape in the same room or your intake air will be contaminated and give erroneous results...

I find washing the insert capsules with isopropyl alcohol is effective and results in a 0.0000% reading once cleaned so no need to keep purchasing them.. I would however let them dry thoroughly before using them as i doubt flammable fumes will be beneficial to your dx unit..

I think placing the unit inside a shoe box with a hole one end covered with carbon impregnated cloth should ensure your dx is only reading the fumes from the sample and not mingling with any residual airborne cannabinoids in the air..

I have been quite happy with it thus far, I've re tested the same strain numerous times with only 5% fluctuation of results.. I think an export results feature would be useful , unless already available and I've missed it?

regards

Pistils

SpaceBros.

Very good idea. I'd also like to see what happens if a test is done while deliberately using the wrong strain for setup in the app.
Secretguest got fairly consistent results.

If you tested a sample of bud and then tested the same sample but entered a high CBD strain and see what comes up.

This may just be sensing the presence of a few terpenes and comparing that to a database and making some projections of THC content.
Since it can't analyze THCA content it makes me thing it's just using a database and not really doing any quantatative analysis.

Will it work with your ipad or phone in airplane mode?

It can't analyze THC-A since when it vaporizes the sample THC-A becomes decarboxlyated to THC. GC's can't analyze THC-A either I guess they must use a database too huh ?

Also if it's not doing any quantitative analysis how is it measuring the terpenes in the first place to correlate against a strain database ?

I guess it's just a case of well if I can't understand how it works it must be all made up.

oldchuck

Veteran
I also have a mydx beta and at first i received a few 0.0000% readings but only when the battery was low..

I also realised soon after beginning to profile a few strains that you cannot smoke or vape in the same room or your intake air will be contaminated and give erroneous results...

regards

Pistils

I wondered about that. Maybe I'll try your method. But even my polluted air can't be 15% THC saturated.

Encouraging you are getting useful results. I haven't yet.

jeffro69

Any new news? I'm really interested in the MyDx and would love to know if the technology works accurately enough...

Latest posts

Latest posts