What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Judge OKs Dutch Coffeeshop Tourist ban!

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
these so much more to Amsterdam than tweeds and chicks....

Anne Frank house for 1 is worth a trip to holland by its self

rent a bike and just ride and check out stuff its AMAZING what you come across

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone that does not think the DEA has there arm up every country's ass regarding drug policy is only fooling themselves... There's big bucks involved here..Until the corruption is weeded out and the politicians tell the DEA to go fuk themselves it will continue.. Your government does not want you to know there in bed with the DEA..

growhi

so the d.e.a are this all powerful all controlling force , yet they cant even control there own country's drug policy's , but they can control and directly dictate to rich European country's , its totally unrealistic , the d.e.a have about as much power in Europe as M.i.5 have in America imo, this law is just an expression of a shift to the right , imo there no big conspiracy behind it, i actually think the public as a hole will be behind the new laws , were biased because were stoners , but your average dutch person will think its a good thing imo

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
I spent a year there and I like how its a melting pot of so many cultures, but you know how the dutch do with different cultures, hmmmmm

Besides the weed shops and prostite's its about as much fun as denmark in the rain ......
TS

Agaricus

so the d.e.a are this all powerful all controlling force , yet they cant even control there own country's drug policy's , but they can control and directly dictate to rich European country's , its totally unrealistic , the d.e.a have about as much power in Europe as M.i.5 have in America imo, this law is just an expression of a shift to the right , imo there no big conspiracy behind it, i actually think the public as a hole will be behind the new laws , were biased because were stoners , but your average dutch person will think its a good thing imo

The driving force behind the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs was the Untied States, led by that stinking scumbag Harry Anslinger. Then in 1970 or '71 Tricky Dicky presided over the Convention on Psychotropic Substances. Then in 1988, the Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances was enacted ander the aeigis of Ronnie Ray Gun.

These were all, nominally, U.N. treaties but they were driven by the drug warriors of the U.S.

DEA probably isn't directly involved, except in framing policy, but you can bet that America brings constant pressure to bear on other countries to continue prohibition.

The drug war regime is running scared, and will do anything to keep weed illegal. They're cracking down on MMJ here in the States and I'm sure they're doing all they can to roll back freedom in other countries that have dared to go against their demands.

jack.gh

ICMag Donor
update the final verdict as skip edited was that the judge considered the ban legal.

now we're still busy fighting this decision.

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
this is gonna get messy....i wonder how this will effect the greenhouse coffee shops?? and all the other large coffee shops in the area?? most likely hurt the financial side of the industry...and thats what the dutch gouv/DEA want...wow global drug policy..notice how close the word policy is to police...hummm

MotaHead

these so much more to Amsterdam than tweeds and chicks....

Anne Frank house for 1 is worth a trip to holland by its self

rent a bike and just ride and check out stuff its AMAZING what you come across

You're correct sir - there is so much more than smoke and whores but the Anne Frank house? Plllleeze my attic is way more interesting than that.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
In the Czech Republic they found when they legalized all drugs that consumption went down along with ODs and the crime rate.

2013 = me in Prague eating pig, swilling beer, and smoking fine cannabis

:woohoo:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Fuck Amsterdam. When it's legalized in America everyone will quickly forget that country

Americans or anyone can go from cali up to Washington and have a better herb experience than anywhere in the world

Cali rocks, but the PNW is king when it comes to indoor, and Potland Oregon is the Godfather of it all. There are grow shops on every other block these days. Kids buying herb on the street here smoke better herb than most other folks in the US.

I've lived here since 2001 and it has been amazing watching the progression even since then. A lot of our old timers moved here from Cali though, so like I say, props to Cali, SF is my second home, but PNW>anything else

catalyte

Veteran
still can't believe that they made this ruling!!

i guess this is just more fuel for California and Colorado to become the meccas of Cannabis Culture.....

Latest posts

Latest posts