What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trudeau Stall Tactics

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Screw who?

Legalization is for them. Can't be too many here living off four plants or planning to buy their cannabis.

troutman

Seed Whore
I think they are still debating how many plants to let home growers with.

That's what it mentioned in that thing you could fill out online and submit.

Our Justin's greatest stalling tactic is his atrocious public speaking ability. It's sad to see a world leader lose the battle with uh so badly. I doubt home growing plant count numbers are a huge concern and/or stumbling block for this legislation. Impaired driving testing and enforcement are far trickier issues that would take more time to iron out as they will result in many court cases and challenges. Home growing, not so much. When I filled out my questionnaires, both Federal and Provincial, I put in the comments section a per 10 plant fee. The first ten are free and then after that you pay a growing license fee per 10 plants. Or however many, it doesn't really matter. It makes sense to me, but I doubt it would ever come to pass with the initial roll out of legalization. Remember, they are erring on the side of caution, things may change in time. And at the end of the day most of the folks growing today will be growing in the summer of 2018, legal or not. Someone that has built a room or rooms, legal medical or otherwise and has more than 4 plants isn't going to scale down to 4 plants come summer 2018.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I think they are still debating how many plants to let home growers with.

They already ditched the height restrictions which would have forced people to grow dwarfs. And only 4 of them. lol

but they still need to boost the grams you can have at one time otherwise, when your plant goes to flower, you're in breach and are forced to pick a couple colas to keep and ditch the rest.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
But once people see how much of a hassle it is to grow, and add the smell, they'll still get it from their friends. How many people you know have a vegetable garden?

Del_9_THC

I am not so sure. Remember, it was supposed to be summer of 2016....then put off for a year.
I would not be surprised to see them say.....we need more time....

Of course, it will be anothe bullshit excuse.

I will believe it when I see it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
As a guerilla grower, I hope it all goes to shit so prices can go back up. lol

But the writing is on the wall and I know my days are numbered :(

Still, once people realise how much of a pain in the ass growing weed is, they'll abandon their grow like they abandoned their veggie garden.

Last edited:
As a guerilla grower be mentally prepared to be offered $200 a pound if you are offered anything at all. No matter the quality, OD has no value anymore.

I was at a buddys house last week who sells pounds, always has. Hes paying between 1000 and 1600 on bulk. 1600 for AAAA, and the pink kush at 1000 although not as nice still is a better then a lot ive seen out there.

All the big dispensaries in Ontario are being shut down like crazy now. All the ACMPR warehouses that supply them have no where to ship there 1000's of pounds to, so back to the black market, only now its over loaded. This causes prices to drive down to hardly make it worth it anymore.

I dont want to rain on your parade and not trying to be a dick, but the days of cash crops in the forrest are long gone. OD is now just sold as a raw product to make concentrates and shatter. Still if you could pull 200 pounds and get $200 a pound youre looking at 40k, but thats a lot of trimming for 40 grand.

Unless you have a source thats paying 2015 prices, then youre set. If you do let me know, haha im in the area and tired of getting low balled!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I agree to a point with your argument, but keep in mind ACMRP was running out of product by July last year so there's not much in the pipe. Ontario's 160 odd stores isn't going to put a dent in anything. Think of what it was like before the roadside dispensaries. That's where we're headed for the next couple years.

While I'm probably only going to get $1000/lb, I'm shifting half my product to moonrocks, to make up for it. Sure it's more work, but the payoff is golden.

Another market I'm exploring and willing to put 200 plants towards it is the low thc (.1%) / high cbd (20%) market. You wouldn't believe the requests I had last year for it. Thanks to the level of social awareness of CBD, many people are looking for the medicinal component, like they look for that god awful kale. I'm projecting $2000+/lb for that stuff.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ehh.. I wouldn't bank too hard on CBD. Lots of hemp derived floating far from it's home.

Latest posts

Latest posts