What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
i also reuse my perlite after letting it soak in water with a lil oxyplus for 2 days.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I've not heard of using oxyplus...I'd like to try that out and see if my roots would explode even more.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
update

update

hey, people!

as promised, yield report on another 10 gal 100% perlite grow.

this one yielded 11.32 oz.

hey, did anyone else notice that there was a post by a person named JessE on this thread just a few days ago?

that post is gone and JessE is no longer listed as a member.

i wonder?

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
I belive it makes good sense to add oxyplus to the hemp bucket.if you can get some in the bottom 2" res it will def keep any infections fungus ect at bay considering its stagnant water just siting..just my opinion...azad

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Delta that's pretty good results....how long were they vegged? I recently had 3 plants in a 15 gal bucket...vegged for 2 weeks and ended with 5oz. of sticky icky. I would love to pull 11oz in a container that size.
azad: what rate do you use the oxyplus? I've been very fortunate to not have any kind of fungus issues...early on we'd have a problem with green algae on the perlite, but more frequent watering and less amount each time mitigated that...oh and using dark colored buckets helped too.

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey, dubwise!

i usually veg about 7 weeks. the plants are around 32-36" at flower.

i've still got 6 or 7 10 gal perlite only to report, so i don't want to jump to any conclusions just yet, but every time i moved up in container size i got more yield.

i had a noticeable increase when i went to 2 gal from one, to a 3 from a 2, and a very pronounced increase when i went from a 3 to a 5.

sam, thanks for your help.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
thanks! I've got a few that will be vegging that long and a few a bit longer. If I can get anywhere near you, I'll be very happy.

deviant1

Well since were on the subject if hieght, I have a problem there I'm running out of room. They absolutely are growing way too fast up and not enough out, and I will not top em. They are at 24" right now and about to go into the switch in a few days, the problem is that I only have about another 16" max to give em. Does anyone have any Ideas for me? I need some suggestions, thanks everyone.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
why not top them? I mean, I've experienced pretty nice things from plants that were topped. They tend to bush out more, plus you can use what you've cut as new clones.

i feel like a kid at x-mas!! got the stuff fer my hempy bucket! diein' ta try this! have my very first grow in flowerand they look nice, i had a problem with lockout due to ph problems along with bad water and they pulled thru. now...hempy! my question is.......has anyone used floranova grow and floranova bloom in place of gh three part nutes and have success? i cant put my babies to bed until i find out.

N

noone4u

i feel like a kid at x-mas!! got the stuff fer my hempy bucket! diein' ta try this! have my very first grow in flowerand they look nice, i had a problem with lockout due to ph problems along with bad water and they pulled thru. now...hempy! my question is.......has anyone used floranova grow and floranova bloom in place of gh three part nutes and have success? i cant put my babies to bed until i find out.

From what I have read on here and the way I understand things that is the recommended nut to use in hempy.

It is PH stable floranova that is and eliminates the need to check on and to worry about PH

deviant1

Man ill tell you what, I use FNB from begining to end of grow, and all of my strains absolutely love it. I have used 3 part before and love that also. I switched to fnb when I went to hempy buckets and never looked back, and never have ro check anything. Fnb is Lucas forma Ina bottle all by it's self, Iove it and can't be more simple

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I've got a ton of GH 3 part, so I'm using that now....I'd like to try FNB one day, but it's going to be a while.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I'm using dutchmaster advanced in my hempy and my girls love it. I never check ph and haven't had any problems thus far. I also use potash+ along with the A and B formula. They have a great nutrient calculator on their site that makes it very easy.

unfuckinbelievable!!! in just ONE day i see a difference in my clones since i put them in thier hempy beds! is this possable?they have 7 sisters in the dirt and they all looked the same untill today, the ones in hempy buckets (just put in yesterday) have perked up and are standing much better today! is this possable or is it just me? i am using floranova grow in one hempy and the three part flora grow,bloom,micro in the other one. they both look GREAT! i inherited these two girls from my son when he died in march (fri. 13) and have made nearly 50 clones from one of them and nearly lost all of them here lately,including the original mom i have kept all this time. im optimistic! this seems to be the answer to keeping them alive and doing what my son intended them to do. i know he is smiling down on his dad big time! a lot of you guys have helped me thru all of this so this old boy just wantz ta thank you!

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Sam-thanks bro. That's what I needed to see.
Skeeter-heck yeah that's possible! Good for you man.

Well since were on the subject if hieght, I have a problem there I'm running out of room. They absolutely are growing way too fast up and not enough out, and I will not top em. They are at 24" right now and about to go into the switch in a few days, the problem is that I only have about another 16" max to give em. Does anyone have any Ideas for me? I need some suggestions, thanks everyone.

How about lst? you don't have to tie them down completely, just pull the tops ove with a small weight like a washer or fishing weight.

Latest posts

Latest posts