What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question about gr??

Texas

As soon as I receive my bigger light I am going to put my afghani's into flower. I use a 250 wt. hd light for veg and I used that the last time for both vegging and flower. My question is regarding light. I have light proofed the closet and that is the veg room.

I am going to try and utilize a small bedroom for the flower room. Don't know the exact size of the room but the question I have is :

If I put the 400 wt.hps light in the bedroom and I have my bubbler which holds 8 plants, the resovoir holds 18 gals. of water but do I put the bubbler in the middle of the room (it is painted flat white) or is this a waste of time because I think that the space is too big - and the light will be wasted. How can I make the space smaller in the room or whatever, understand what I am talking about? It is hard for me to explain. But my thinking is if I could somehow maybe put the bubbler in a corner and enclose it somehow maybe with mylar or that white plastic stuff but don't think that would work because it wouldn't be totally be light proof. The only way I could hang mylar or whatever is from the ceiling to the floor - don't think it would work. Any ideas on this. I am disabled and can't really make anything like an enclosure - my sister says it shouldn't be a problem just putting the bubbler in the middle of the room and hanging the light as close as possible without burning the plants. I disagree because it would be just like having the reg. light on.

Would appreicate any ideas on this.

Thanks

G

It is much more important to have a light proof room for the flower cycle than in veg.

Is there a closet in the second bedroom?

I assume the room is like 10x10 or 8x8 if it is a super small. And you are talking about blocking all the light off to the room and setting the bubbler in the middle right under the light leaving like 5 or 6 feat from each of the walls.

A small enclosure would be nice or another closet. The mylar works good but you need a little frame or something to string it up and that may not be feasable for ya. A fridge box ar a big screen TV box would be ghetto fabulous and your off and running.

I'll think about it a little longer and see what i come up with

Tex

Texas

Appreicate your hellp TK, I need all the help I can get trying to figure this out.
well the closet in the room is what I use for the veg room - but I guess I could switch it, huh? Just thought it would be easier to do it the other way - don't know why.

See the afghani's are already 18 in. high and they desperately need to be flowered because they are getting way to tall and on the last and only grow that I did I let the SSH get way too tall and then the light couldn't get to the bottom buds. I don't want that to happen again.

The light should be here by tom. as they said they sent it out last Friday and it's coming from Canada - I ordered from there because it really was a good deal.

G

Top them, that will buy a week or so to figure out what your going to do. Plus topping will bush them out and help to control the hieght issue.

Tex