What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colas per sq ft

jonhova

Im not really gonna go by colas. What inwant is nice supercropped plant that fills my entire cabinet much like blynx does going from one end of the cab to the next. If the canopy is filled i feel like thats the plants maximum potential for the given micro setting if that makes sense.

Micro gonna be different than outdoor. Outdoor you could have a few massive colas of pure sativas putting out many ounces where as in micro it wouldn't be as smart.

Athos

Perhaps I didn't express myself that well.

What I meant is, from a canopy management perspective, how many tops per sq ft do you try for?

ronbo51

Veteran
I am doing a micro scrog right now and my goal is a top in every square in the screen. I would never have gone that route if not for the off the shelf led thread. With 9 13 watt led's in a 20" square I have never seen such tight growth and severe branching. It's amazing to see all the tops. I have done many scrogs and usually I just keep tucking until the stretch is over and let the chips fall as they may. A tightly managed canopy is a point of pride.