What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mutant plant

Johnny4wt

Got a seedling that has three leaves instead of two at the nodes. Anyone seen this before? Will it be worth cloning in the future? It's a Pineapple Express strain.

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 9

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow her out.....PE is a nice strain. Waaaay too early to think about cloning. See how it responds first.

jedi5891

I think this is called trifoliate were the leafs are in 3s at the nodes instead of two. Im sure ive read it carries genes from 3 parents. Either way its worth growing out as many breeders look for these traits as they carry special characteristics. I have two plants with this trait in my garden, one Dolato which is from the ogkb, and a purple star dawg. Other than the three leaf sets they're growing normal.
Good luck
Peace

Nico Farmer

Hi

I had 1, like your plant, 10 years ago.
It was an african landrace from congo.
Triploïd plant.

Big up

I've had a trifoliate before and noticed that it produced more than its siblings.

The branches were all normal growth though so any clones I would have taken (didn't) would have grown out like a normal plant.

Would be sweet if you could make all clones trifoliate too but maybe the only way to do this would be to clone the top?

GSPfan

Veteran
Crazy. When I first started growing, I would grow out any mutant I came across, hoping that it carried a unique trait for breeding. But after growing some out I realized the best you can hope for is that they break out of their funk and start growing normal. But this...this is different. Most mutants are lacking where this one has extra. I hope it produces more buds for you. Good luck.

burmese

i have it one time on santa maria-planck whole life cicle triploid,, just right have it on ethiopia x nanda devi but after three nodes become normal
//for me looks like ethiopia x nanda devi is potential mutant strain because last time i grow it had buds from where are seedpouches//calyxes, preflowers// on stems

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
i have it one time on santa maria-planck whole life cicle triploid,, just right have it on ethiopia x nanda devi but after three nodes become normal
//for me looks like ethiopia x nanda devi is potential mutant strain because last time i grow it had buds from where are seedpouches//calyxes, preflowers// on stems

Trifoliate not triploid.

Random thought, not really directed to Burmese in particularly.... I wish more people would try to help in informing/correcting their fellow grower while encouraging them to look into it real quick. On subjects like the difference between a trifoliate and a triploid it should only take a few minutes for them to see for themselves and then asking them to also pass on the info when they see that a fellow grower is mistaken. Encouraging them to give it a quick looking into and to pass it on as well.

I appreciated it every time I was corrected and I believe the website is a better place because of it.

There's a way to go about it though. I haven't really figured that out yet though.

My intentions aren't to offend anybody and I sure as hell don't want to come off like a know it all.

I don't know.....it's a random thought or like whatevers :tiphat: