What's new

well, hell just froze over...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i was just cruising through the channels hoping to spot something worth watching, when what do i hear? 'twas two Fox news commentators bemoaning the fact that the DEA missed a chance to do the right thing finally & legalize medical cannabis nationwide! after having my eldest son strike me in the face to make sure i was not hallucinating, i returned to the tube & listened in some more. yup, i was right. they mentioned the millions of lives ruined, the money thrown down a rats hole, the loss of literally BILLIONS of dollars in tax revenue just to keep some DEA pot haters employed, Kevin Sabet happy, & drug testing companies in the black. it is a moment of historic proportions akin to the moment that Richard Nixon heard Walter Cronkite turn against the war in Viet Nam. Tricky Dick said "if we have lost Walter, we have lost the country..." well, if the DEA cannot count on Faux News backing the war on drugs, the end cannot be too far off. we may have just lost a battle but won the fucking war!

too much public conversation happening to not see a change happen

laptops/phones/etc have made info available to masses like never before

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
i was just cruising through the channels hoping to spot something worth watching, when what do i hear? 'twas two Fox news commentators bemoaning the fact that the DEA missed a chance to do the right thing finally & legalize medical cannabis nationwide! after having my eldest son strike me in the face to make sure i was not hallucinating, i returned to the tube & listened in some more. yup, i was right. they mentioned the millions of lives ruined, the money thrown down a rats hole, the loss of literally BILLIONS of dollars in tax revenue just to keep some DEA pot haters employed, Kevin Sabet happy, & drug testing companies in the black. it is a moment of historic proportions akin to the moment that Richard Nixon heard Walter Cronkite turn against the war in Viet Nam. Tricky Dick said "if we have lost Walter, we have lost the country..." well, if the DEA cannot count on Faux News backing the war on drugs, the end cannot be too far off. we may have just lost a battle but won the fucking war!

Sounds like some powers that be finally got on board and bought up some cannabis company stocks as well as getting some more colorful & interesting investment portfolios. Count on that.

:2cents:

Sforza

Veteran

So even Fox News is on board, so why doesn't Obama tell his DEA to wise up?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
So even Fox News is on board, so why doesn't Obama tell his DEA to wise up?

i keep hearing rumors that the Bamster is waiting to see if Hillary is going to thrash the Hairpiece safely before he does anything that might drive fascist right-wing weed haters to the polls in a blood-fury this November. it would be cool to see the looks on the DEA fruitbats faces when they realize that all of their bullshit failed, & the power play is over. "freshen up them resumes, boys! we are OUT OF WORK...":woohoo:

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
No to rescheduling, legalization only. There is already a law in place in Michigan that should the DEA reschedule Cannabis, then our Medical Marijuana Program will be hijacked by a Canadian company who will exclusively grow our meds in a mine that has already been proven to be toxic.
It will then have to be sold through a pharmacy......... no caregivers or home grows anymore, only shit mass produced Canadian mine weed.

Peace,
KF

U

usually

too much public conversation happening to not see a change happen

laptops/phones/etc have made info available to masses like never before

The older lady at the store i bought my laptop from was for sure was not qualified to talk about what she was selling me. The delay on tv information is annoying same with the pre planned doses of information. Once you start taking higher 'doses' of information then people who only watch the news it upsets them and the news people.

Gry

Veteran
Next time, have the kid toss the TV out the window. What you see when it hits the ground will be of more use to you than anything you will ever see on the damn thing looking at fox.

jump /injack

Veteran
There is to much money in the suppression of Cannabis so it has to be a political solution. If some one won't listen to the needs for the "People' Medicine" then we get people who will listen. This should not be a crime such as the politicians have allowed for 70 years, they make as representatives about $183,000 a year and all they can get on the side. Its a substantial amount to lose over Cannabis, pissing off a huge amount of the electorate and keep putting them in jail should mean job loss. Give their offices a call, be nice and be quick, they will listen to the people who vote for them.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you see what show it was? John Stossel on Fox News has been speaking out against the war on drugs forever. For decades at least.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
...There is already a law in place in Michigan that should the DEA reschedule Cannabis, then our Medical Marijuana Program will be hijacked by a Canadian company...

Wasn’t aware of this, not surprised by it, but not aware of it.

Where might I find the language for this law. I'd like to read it. Get a sense of what to expect. Should the day come.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Did you see what show it was? John Stossel on Fox News has been speaking out against the war on drugs forever. For decades at least.

Surprisingly, Faux News has very quietly been pro pot for a long time now.

I remember years ago hearing Bill O'Reilly say that he thinks it's OK to smoke pot as long as you go down in the basement to do the deed!:biggrin::):biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts