What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

24 million cash stuffed in buckets recovered at suspected pot dealer’s home

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Some of the posters in this thread ought to have their own rah-rah section for LEO. Who the fuck has the money now? Gee, I wonder what LEO will do with their new found fortune? Oh yeah buy more equipment to bust more poor people. While the dude should of, could of, hid the money better he hasn't yet been convicted of any crime. Hopefully, he has buckets more so he can fight the injustice and get his money back.

Luis Hernadez-Gonzalez, if you post on here, if I could be on your jury you would walk a free man. Fuck pot prohibition and those that continue enforcing it.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
It is illegal in the US to give anyone advice on how to grow marijuana....

This is why it was always taboo to mention what one was cultivating when at the grow shop. Hell, some shops back in the day even had signs posted so that us stoners wouldn't make the mistake of forgetting that we were growing tomato plants. :biggrin:

I don't know but I suspect this has changed in med states. (?). I've heard others openly discussing cannabis cultivation in shops nowadays.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Just like head shops back in the day. "Tobacco use only". I imagine you still see that in some states.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Just like head shops back in the day. "Tobacco use only". I imagine you still see that in some states.

Yep. :biggrin:

Local head shop had that sign. And you had to be 18 just to go in the section of the store where the pipes/bongs, etc., were. I haven't been in there in many years... wonder if that's still the case or if being a med state now has taken care of that...

Joint Lock

probably chose the tec because its easy to hide . I know someone who used to carry one . they kept 50 rd clips in one pocket of a hoodie and gun in the other. 90% of ppl didn't even know he had it on him . But yes I agree poor choice for a pdw (personal defense weapon)

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is why it was always taboo to mention what one was cultivating when at the grow shop. Hell, some shops back in the day even had signs posted so that us stoners wouldn't make the mistake of forgetting that we were growing tomato plants. :biggrin:

I don't know but I suspect this has changed in med states. (?). I've heard others openly discussing cannabis cultivation in shops nowadays.

That's how it was in Georgia. I was too paranoid to even go to the grow shop more than once or twice. There were news stories about cops getting the licence plate numbers of cars at the grow shops so they could find grow houses.

I've been doing everything legally since I moved to California. I'll talk about grow stuff at the hydro shop now.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well i really hope that was not his only stash of money. poor fuck, what did he really do?
he helped hundreds of folks better their lives by selling them cheap grow equipment and even taking their product off them at the end. so sure he made money but not in any immoral way, he bought and sold various commodities. his biggest sin was stashing the money in his own house, lol.

as for giving money away and helping people, we don't know that he didnt do so in the end. just cause they found 24 mil doesnt mean he didnt give away another 10 mil, or that he doesnt have another stash with equally much in it.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
That's how it was in Georgia. I was too paranoid to even go to the grow shop more than once or twice. There were news stories about cops getting the licence plate numbers of cars at the grow shops so they could find grow houses.

I've been doing everything legally since I moved to California. I'll talk about grow stuff at the hydro shop now.

Same here in Michigan for grabbing plate numbers from parking lots. (I’d imagine it was even worse in the Dirty South). Going to the shop was always a weird combination of an adrenaline rush + anxiety attack + a big does of hyper-awareness to round it all out. Thankfully for about four years I had a non-grower coworker/friend who drove me to the shop. Eventually I’d just give him a list and he’d bring the stuff to me at work. It helped greatly with my peace of mind.

In the eyes of the state I’m legal now. But I still find myself scanning parking lots. And still have that on-edge sensation when at the shop. I get in, get what I need, and get out. I don’t talk shit about shit in the shop. Old habits die hard. :)

(And thanks but no thanks, I don't want to open an account — quit asking! And I still always pay cash... :biggrin:)

N

noyd666

BIT OF LUCK THE MONEY HAS A SELF DESTRUCT BUILT INTO IT, SO THEY GET NO USE OUT OF IT ,FUK THE LAW.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
24 million in cash is maybe a bigger problem than it is worth.
Some cartel shit?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'm sorry the dude got nailed, and I sure hate seeing the narcs get all his money, but I sure would have found a better place to stash 24M in cash...

The part of the story that doesn't make sense though,
is that I sure don't think he was able to stash 24M just from owning hydroponic stores and "frequently helping customers learn how to “properly cultivate marijuana"."

Just my 2 cents...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I agree bud, guessing he wasn't exclusive to cannabis. Willing to bet there was lots of coke being moved. One does not accumulate that kind of cash in the indoor weed game.

iBogart

Veteran
Where are the illegal drugs?

As long as he paid taxes on the money from a legit source, if he wants to keep 24 million in buckets, it's legal.

That scary gun is legal too.

Weed should be legal, and it will be.

A grow shop is a good business to operate. Creates jobs, and stimulates the economy.

As far as greed goes. that ain't illegal either. So long as he ain't hurting anybody else or the environment he can stuff paper in buckets and stack them to the moon for all I care.

Free this man!

RetroGrow

Veteran
Cartel??? No way! Cartel would not leave that amount of cash just lying around in buckets. No chance. They would collect their money religiously, not leave it lying around, so it cannot be cartel. They had their own mini-cartel? Just doesn't make sense to leave that kind of money laying around when you are a high profile grow store owner. Don't know what they were thinking. Damn! 24 MILLION??? Should have gotten out long ago....this story is so crazy. Only in Miami....batshit crazy!

Sativan

The guy was too high to realize his mistake(s). I'm amazed that so many high level agents busted this poor fool for pot.

It's2016 and they're still making pot look worse than alcohol which it is not by any means. Spending tax payers dollars to chase a guy that gets high and deals. how about they chase some of these murderers shooting up the hood.

GainGreene

Someone snitched that knew about all that loot. Maybe a salty family member or close friend. People get funny for the money mane. That's a lot of work to get to that 24millie. Kinda reminds me of the scene in training day when the tax ole boy and do him in. Even in Miami all that cash these days isn't so easy to keep anywhere. Shoot go to your bank and see if you can pull out 8K in cash most won't even have that onsite.

Gry

They used to call East Germany a police state due to the number of informants. Bet we have been outspending them on that for years.

Trich_Tyson

I'm sorry the dude got nailed, and I sure hate seeing the narcs get all his money, but I sure would have found a better place to stash 24M in cash...

The part of the story that doesn't make sense though,
is that I sure don't think he was able to stash 24M just from owning hydroponic stores and "frequently helping customers learn how to “properly cultivate marijuana"."

Just my 2 cents...

that.

24 mil in cash? from a hydro store and various weedy endeavors? can people make that kind of money off weed? if he sold that much weed.. they woulda put that in the article somewhere.. "distributed more than 2 tons of high grade marijuana in the past 3 years" sounds great on paper... if growing i'd assume he's single handedly holding down many warehouses... no info there.
laundering millions from a hydro store? markup aint that crazy..
money aint his?

kinda shitty info for a 24M bust.

NPR article:
"During one conversation, an alleged client describes sad-looking plants that are not responding to extra oxygenation. Hernandez-Gonzalez asks for a picture and tells the person that they have to be patient. Giving a plant extra oxygen after weeks of neglect is like giving "a starving old man ... testosterone," Hernandez-Gonzalez says."

Gotta oxygenate ya plants bro.. they'll be iight

Latest posts

Latest posts