What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Hand Watering coco thread

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
lovely looking plants man, great work. :yes:

you can add pk as soon as they have the first real flowers, normally about 14 days into 12/12. only add about half dose and reduce the normal nutes a bit too. only use it for a couple of waterings, then go back to A+B until 3 to 4 weeks before harvest when you can add another dose of pk, this time full dose on top of your normal nutes. unless she is nute shy in which case yu reduce the normal nutes a bit before adding the pk.
peace :wave:

THC4SIM

Cheers Gaius :wave:

i suppose i should start a new thread really,
ill take some more pics over the weekend and start a new thread

the 4 soma NYCD's are getting out of hand!!!

watering every other day. girls range from3/7weeks. pots 1to3 gals. nycd, bog bubble, buddah sis, nlXshiva, afgani hash plant all on full nutes. using ghbb and cha ching, adding 1 tsp epson every other watering. black domina and lemon 1/3 dose, they are very sensative. I want to know if I need to start watering every day? Would this increase yeild? all is well and growing well, im just trying. hand watering perpetual grow. was really bad start after growing 10 yrs in soil. latest generations back in soil:)

latest gens back in soil for last 6weeks @least, but now that im seeing what coco is capable of i will use it for single strain grows, but for my perpetual, soil is the key to ease w/good results. thanks to you all and this well of info my butt was saved. so thanks!

stevr59

hey guy was thinking what are your thoughts on using ac condensate water for coco my ac is putting out gallons of it and since i think it mostly distilled water could it be used. only thing i was worried about is algae coming out of it if this would cuz proublems.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hey alex be careful adding epsom salts to coco, have seen it go wrong many times. coco gives off plenty of cal and there is enough mg in most ferts as long as your ph is kept low enough so the plant can actually use the mg. anyway, if you have been watering every other day yand the plants look good, then there is no need to change. if you feel they could look better then yes once a day will soon clear things up as long as your nutes are geared to coco.

stevr ac water should be very pure no? i see no reason not to use it, check the ph and ec and if both are cool then go ahead and add it to your tank. just be sure that it's not more then 50% of the tank so the rest is tap water with the trace elements and calcium your plants need and most nutes expect the water to contain.

later :wave:

stevr59

gaiusmarius said:
hey alex be careful adding epsom salts to coco, have seen it go wrong many times. coco gives off plenty of cal and there is enough mg in most ferts as long as your ph is kept low enough so the plant can actually use the mg. anyway, if you have been watering every other day yand the plants look good, then there is no need to change. if you feel they could look better then yes once a day will soon clear things up as long as your nutes are geared to coco.

stevr ac water should be very pure no? i see no reason not to use it, check the ph and ec and if both are cool then go ahead and add it to your tank. just be sure that it's not more then 50% of the tank so the rest is tap water with the trace elements and calcium your plants need and most nutes expect the water to contain.

later :wave:
hey i just check my ac water and i came up with 60 ppm@7 6.6ph my tap is 40 ppm@7 and 6.8 ph look to me my tab would be a better choice for coco

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yes stevr59 sounds like your tap water is the better option. probably the ac is old and there is shit inside the thing causing the water not to remain pure. mind you maybe thats normal for ac units. actually it's the dehumidifiers that make clean water from the humidity in the air.

stevr59

well i was looking for pure water to feed my flytraps they said rain water or distilled water only but it has not rained here in weeks ans i am out of rain water, but was thinking hell if it good for fly traps how about coco last time i check my rain water it was 10 ppm with a 6.8 ph but i did fill my hot tub up with tap water and letting it sit for a few days thats should be ok to feed the traps with. oh funny thing to i got my mex plant out side all day in full sun and it stretching bad and i don't know why not sure if it lack of nutes or what so i gave it a light dose of 290 ppm ferts today with no run off all the leafs have normal color. other than it stretching like it was under low light or should i keep watering with plain tap water but every day now? it still has it baby leafs still nice and green it just over a week old now

epson salt? hope not, but i have black starting on edges of top leaves moving from stem forward & in the top cola and steadily going down one of my afganies. any ideas? in my past black has ment bad. fungus gnats? any thoughts?

stevr59

i got a question i got a seedling in its 3 week growing in a 6 oz Dixie cup with straight coco and feeding it floranova nutes 290 ppm and 5.8 ph i been watering it once a day and today i notice the leafs where a lil droopy after been out in the sun all day i was wounding should i start watering once a day now and should i start upping the ppm a lil. other than a lil droopy leafs it looks healthy.

G

what kind of lights are they under...? I have mothers under floros that dont even take that much Floranova without burning them...

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
my 3-4 week old blueberry's need water twice a day in 16 oz dixies under 600 hps.. make sure you aren't letting them get too dry (light weight) i'd go to watering once a day for sure tho.. if they are outside under a bright sun they surely will be drying out..

dunno about the feeding.. i'd keep it steady until they get a little bigger or show you they need it.

stevr59

i keep them out side under full sun and then bring them in at nite and place them under 80 watts of flos. so far it still nice and green no yellowing at all no tips burns i been giving them 290 ppm for a week now and i guess i need to flush it with pain water in the next day or so still waiting for it to get root bound so i can transplant into a 1/2 gallon pot. but today was the frist time i seen the leafs drooping a lil just wanting to make sure it was time to start waiting twice a day.

B

bonecarver_OG

seedlings i keep in the shadow outside untill the leaf bush is big enough to shade the pot a tiny bit /a foot or something)

the tiny roots dont usually suport too much strain early. - anyway they grow perfectly in the shadow the first weeks outside :D watering too much that early outdoors might make ur roots grow less - and be less prepared for a moment of drought. (like a heat wave etc).

try let them harden of a bit and im sure in a week or two they should be loving it. the sun is so incredibly strong :D

peace all :D

what ended like this:

started like this :D see how they are kind of hanging a bit - its because they have had a bit too much heat and sun hehe :D but soon enough they get used to it :D

the product:

G

very nice ,,u cant beat the coco and your pics help prove our theories

been watering now daily for over a week. all looks great. coco is good stuff. /the black was purple:) purty... pics look good bc. you have perlite on those?

I've never grown 100% coco, although it is in my soil mix. But I think these types of potters provide the greatest air and nutrient/water uptake...it's a truly passive wick hydro.

They make bigger pots up to a really huge one...that think could support a large kratom or ganja tree...but with small plants it's easy to over water.

Latest posts

Latest posts