What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Obama Drug Policy calls for drugged driving charges for UNIMPAIRED marijuana users

"Fifteen states have passed laws clarifying that the presence of any illegal drug in a driver's body is per se evidence of impaired driving. ONDCP will work to expand the use of this standard to other states and explore other ways to increase the enforcement of existing DUID laws."

The problem with this is that drug metabolites stay in the body long after the intoxicating effects are gone. In the case of psychoactive cannabis, the metabolites can remain in the body for weeks and even months after the last use.

This means any drug user, with marijuana users most at risk, that drives a car, even while not intoxicated, can be charged with DUID.

This country gets better every day. (disgusted sarcasm)

Take a look at the 15 states that already do this.

Obama Drug Policy calls for drugged driving charges for UNIMPAIRED marijuana users
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russ-belville/obama-drug-policy-calls-f_b_574483.html

From the President's National Drug Policy Report
http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/publications/policy/ndcs10/ndcs2010.pdf

HMMM, what happened to the hopey/changey stuff i was promised?!?!!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uh oh. I guess Obama Jesus doesn't love us so much after all lol. Looks like he's thinking up ideas to make money off his cattle in his privatized prisons.

Keep Hoping guys. Maybe if we all Hope enough this will all just go away. Hope, Hope, Hope.

I'm going to close my eyes and HOPE now. I HOPE I'm not getting scammed. *clicks heels 3 times "There is no place like home, there is no place like home...."

C'mon guys, wakey, wakey he's just another Fascist in a long line of fascists President's dating back decades. You've been bamboozled. Don't feel bad, it happens.

This just in, Obama doesn't like you. In fact he want's to destroy you. Bush III

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Sounds like they are trying to push people away from cannabis and toward heroin, meth, and coke, which are metabolized quickly and don't show up in a test after only a few hours. Makes me feel all warm inside knowing our government is always sending the right message to the children.

Like so many are fond of saying, it's gonna get worse before it gets better.
The more family members and friends that know how cannabis helps you or or other loved ones, the more it will hit home to America at large: Cannabis is safe and effective medication and recreation. It is safer than alcohol, so why are we driving people to drink?
Just say NO to ANOTHER 1% of adult Americans in (private)prisons.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a fucking bunch of bullshit, Obama what the fuck man? Why you selling out I thought you were one of us? You DID inhale remember?

E

emerald city

I swear with all the rules and regulation's, from the feds down threw the states all the way to hometown america ,are designed for us to FAIL...With enough laws on the books they will catch everybody eventualy doing something illegal...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
which standard field sobriety test do they use to determine if the drug is present in your body?
under what circumstances can the police demand your blood or urine?

E

emerald city

in maine there trying to have the MJ regisrty tied in with dmv and law enforcement data base..when will they take the card and make me get a tatoo??

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
which standard field sobriety test do they use to determine if the drug is present in your body?
under what circumstances can the police demand your blood or urine?

Down here they get to do whatever they so please. Right's are just an illusion in Fascist countries.

Motorists Forced To Let Officers Draw Blood Samples At DUI Stops

There have been an increasing number of police departments allowing their officers to draw blood samples from motorists under suspicion of a DUI/DWI. This takes place on the roadside as opposed to a hospital where there are trained medical professionals. It seems like a recipe for disaster to allow officers to do blood draws when they do not have adequate medical training. This has proven true in Arizona recently where a lawsuit has been filed to stop this practice.

Houston Police Will Draw Suspects' Blood

Houston police confirmed Thursday that a group of officers will be trained to draw blood from DWI suspects, KPRC Local 2 reported.

"On DWI cases, time is your enemy. Every minute that goes by, we lose evidence. So, if we have officers that are at the station that do those types of blood draws as opposed to having to go to the hospital and tie up a nurse, tie up a medic over there, it's gonna get that done a lot faster," said Don Egdorf with the Houston Police Department.
As far as a sobriety test or "reasonable suspicion of MJ intoxication" I'm sure anything will suffice. "Oh, he smelled like weed" will stand in court and your rights will be violated. Not mention it's going to be Piggy Piggy jabbing you with needles. Sounds fun doesn't it? Fucked up shit and I know this will be coming to Texas shortly. They'll have a field day stabbing people with needles down here.

:puke:

I think people are mistaken about the amount of power a president has, in this country anyway. He cannot implement his own personal will, only the will of his handlers who put him in power. That is, unless he WANTS to be shot in the head... Obama is just the front man, the talking head, and the fall guy, just like all the presidents before him for a long time.(except Kennedy, obviously) Obama has no power, just like we dont. It's all an illusion... wake up peeps!!!

WTF why all your presidents are so feared of doing right things? in the start i thought obama would be different but wtf man if u are scared dont go for president in the first place. what he cant understand is that in order to SERVE his people (because that is what presidents are supposed to do) he must quit his life first. not many people have the balls to do that.

when does this come into effect?
and how/what test will officers use to determine Cannabis in the blood?
its ridiculous that if i smoked like a month ago, i could get a drugged driving charge.
wow, wow.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
unbelievable...

closer and closer to a police state everyday :angrymod:

I said it from the get go..I seen the rat and was bashed for saying what I seen in that fuck..Now people will open them eyes!!! I got 1 fucking name for you all, Gary Johnson!! You have made it this far,use that little blank box on the top left of your screen called google. Then drop his name in it, and BAM!!!BOOM!!! Look at the man we,the cannabis community can have put in office. 41 million of us they say here in the states. That will get us in the green nation wide!!!
For the fucks that don't want it legal, you are no more than that fucker is!! You got them $$$ in your eyes and forgot what its about. What ever happend to "free the weed"?
I said then that those people were posers, just like him!! "OH" Im saying it now also.. Wake the FUCK UP and research people before you vote. Career politicians are by far what we want no where near telling us what to do. Fuck I dont want anyone for that matter telling me what to do. Your presious oboma is just as much a fucking crook as bush was and Im sure still is.
When this country was founded,we faught the europeans and held our ground.. Now they are called terroist for even thinking it..I think people just forgot what started this country or just never knew in the first place. They just dont realise that we are back to square one, where George Washington before the fight started. At the mercy of this god for saken Government!!! I said it on other sites, we need another fight,for we the people!!
We should be like the hispanics and STICK TOGETHER and fuck them up.Thats just what us americans dont do. Sorry for the rantting and bad english,I just wanted to tell all the obama lovers that are against the tea partys " I TOLD YOU SO"!!!