What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show your autoflower pix

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
A female that grows male parts is a hermi no matter how you look at it. We can speculate all day long but until we can actually map the genome of cannabis, and figure out what markers mean what we are all taking stabs in the dark.

IMO If you used a female that grew male parts, to pollenate with. You must be passing on the trait to turn hermi and produce male flowers. I have got some nice non herm plants from bag seeds but i would never use it to breed with. I do alot of breeding so there is no point in me using "fem" seeds. I bet it has more to do with if the parents used have DOM herm traits. If one parent isn't herm dom then it is less likely to show up in progeny.

If you could show me that the trait was not passed on from the hermi female used, then i would agree with you 110%. I just don't see how those genes just get lost in the X.

Gsmoke: She is looking large. If you have the ability a HPS for flower will help the bud density. CFLs grow nice looking bud, but density lacks. Are thoes tomatoe ferts miracle grow?

CS treated plants are not 'born' hermi, they only create male parts after the colloidal silver is used. This mean that they do not have the male or hermi gene, only the female gene, therefor no hermi/male offspring.

I have never had a hermi caused by the offspring of CS treated females.

nealcook420

A female that grows male parts is a hermi no matter how you look at it. We can speculate all day long but until we can actually map the genome of cannabis, and figure out what markers mean what we are all taking stabs in the dark.

IMO If you used a female that grew male parts, to pollenate with. You must be passing on the trait to turn hermi and produce male flowers. I have got some nice non herm plants from bag seeds but i would never use it to breed with. I do alot of breeding so there is no point in me using "fem" seeds. I bet it has more to do with if the parents used have DOM herm traits. If one parent isn't herm dom then it is less likely to show up in progeny.

If you could show me that the trait was not passed on from the hermi female used, then i would agree with you 110%. I just don't see how those genes just get lost in the X.

Gsmoke: She is looking large. If you have the ability a HPS for flower will help the bud density. CFLs grow nice looking bud, but density lacks. Are thoes tomatoe ferts miracle grow?
We are not taking stabs in the dark, I learned that from Soma... Watch it on YT, You only pass on hermi traits if ypu let it pollinate itself then use the seeds. You can stab in the dark all you want but I'll take Soma's advice and make Female seeds.

nealcook420

CS treated plants are not 'born' hermi, they only create male parts after the colloidal silver is used. This mean that they do not have the male or hermi gene, only the female gene, therefor no hermi/male offspring.

I have never had a hermi caused by the offspring of CS treated females.
Thank you, And if you make them hermi by letting them go 2-3 weeks longer than usual they will not pass hermi genes. Also Soma use Silver Thiosulfate to produce hermis and his genetics are up with the best if not the best!

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
Thank you, And if you make them hermi by letting them go 2-3 weeks longer than usual they will not pass hermi genes. Also Soma use Silver Thiosulfate to produce hermis and his genetics are up with the best if not the best!

Exactly, it is a survival tactic, if they do not get pollinated they will do it themselves. It happens with many plants and has for millennia, CS, ST, and lengthened life are just our way of recreating those results.

Bighill

I don't debate the mechanism nor what it is for. Nor what other plants do with the trait. I just state that it isn't some thing we should be selecting for or breeding with. Sam the skunk man has had OT haze phenos that didn't respond to CS. So it isn't standard with every plant. Human selection probably has more to do with it beeing so wide spread an issue.

I don't like baby sitting all my plants for bannanas, don't know about you guys but seeds where you don't want them is crap. Same with un-identified pollen from who knows what plant.

Part of why you get fem seeds is so you can't breed the same quality the breeder is working with. If fems are so touted why does everyone moan so much about breeders selling fem auto seeds? Chem dog is a nice example, PRIMO smoke, but as far as breeding, it throws alot of hermis and isn't accepted as a good breeder.. Why (i know it isn't ibl so non dom)? It started from bag seed.. AKA hermi stock.. Not knocking what has gone on or the strain just pointing out my point.

If we have the option to select for pure lines and plants why not do so? I know how hard it is to bin that kick ass cutting, that "some times" throws nanners.. It's a lesser plant.. period. binned for my breeding. If we had that mind set from day one of human selection we'd have less nanners today, i am sure.

Bh.

Shadino

Shadow Member
Veteran
Hi growers :D
Some pixs about Auto...just show them :D

Vege:150W clf
Bloom:250hps
11L pots with Compo Sana

Red Dwarf

picture.php

2 different pheno...
picture.php

Indica
picture.php

Sativa
picture.php

Some buds...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well dry...mhh
picture.php

And so...RELAX!!
picture.php

Take it easy...hope u like!

Shade

hugh420

lr2

lr2

100_1302.jpg
my lowryder2 :joint: growing in ireland and its doin well so far considering ph problems, a lot of rain, a bit of nute burn, not a lot of light and shitty soil.

gsmoked

yo thanks man im guessing you can only get regs im looking for feminised and they only sell ten reg seeds am i correct finding it impossible to find them as fem of course

Bighill

Mdanzig won't sell you guys crap seeds, that's why he offers no fem seeds. Just get a pack do a seed run, then when you have lots of females to choose from make your own fems.

I also do belive there is 12 seeds per pack not 10.

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
there not 12 per pack anymore, also, I never buy femmed seeds, I only make them. I don't always trust femmed seeds unless I know exactly how they were made. Also, it's tougher to breed femmed AF's with each other as they grow so quickly they don't always produce pollen in time.