What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Becoming an ICMAGAZINE (online) Subscriber....Your Chance To Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's put this into a stoner perspective.

1. How many of you came here and THEN learned how to grow better Bud?

2. How many of you came here and met great people and even tho it's against the rule's traded or was gifted a nice cut or 2 or ... that would have cost you a small fortune in time,food and effort to get yourself?

3. How many of you come here to post up YouTube bullshit threads that have nothing to do with Buds or the like that if it costs ya would go away?

Now imagine the money ya saved from not having to go down in the burgs to score with your local dealer in that seedy part of town and risk being shot ripped off or busted because you grow you own?

250.00 for a lifetime? I'd call that a pretty good investment.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

That helps me understand a bit more.

So all I'm saying is that if Seedbay did x amount MORE business that could be directly correlated to the 'freebies roundup', would it be illegal for SB to donate x amount to the site? I dont however, know much regarding the laws of 3 separate entities being owned by one man, and ad laws involved.

Either way, besides the membership dollar amounts, I think you've (Gypsy) done a great job at leaving the OPTION, and not singleing anyone out! We Do appreciate your willingness to listen.

EDIT: $40 K?......Holy FVNK Batman!

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
RED145 said:
you mean it costs you over 40 GRAND a year to run this place!!!

Shut it the fuck down Bro,not worth that kinda money!!

.....OK who wants me to shut the site down?.....lol

RED145

Gypsy Nirvana said:
.....OK who wants me to shut the site down?.....lol
Not me,but if your sayin it costs you 40 grand a year,and your doing it all out of your own pocket,and the site doesnt make money..........who could blame ya,that would be good bizness,kinda silly to dump 40 g's a year into this site dont ya think?

Either that or your rich,in which case why ya need money!!LOL,anyone dumping 40 grand a year into a zero return is nuts,rich,or both!!!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im just gald that this site is still here!!...it could be gone in a blink of an eye and then what?...this is like a family to some of us and have made some really great friends! I hope it continues for a long time!..Thanks GN and DG, you guys are the best! :D

RED145

We would meet up at another site lady!!!

I'm glad too,but it wouldnt surprise me,sites come and go,nothing is forever.

B

Boxy Brown

mrwags said:
Let's put this into a stoner perspective.

1. How many of you came here and THEN learned how to grow better Bud?

2. How many of you came here and met great people and even tho it's against the rule's traded or was gifted a nice cut or 2 or ... that would have cost you a small fortune in time,food and effort to get yourself?

3. How many of you come here to post up YouTube bullshit threads that have nothing to do with Buds or the like that if it costs ya would go away?

1. I already knew how to grow good bud before this site was even created, I just came here to teach and help out others.

2. I have never traded anything here, and probably never will

3. 95% of my posts pertain to growing, and all but one of my threads are about growing.

Im not trying to start an argument with you mrwags (I hate arguments) but rather just answering your questions :smile:

Gypsy Nirvana said:
Yes we can accept seed donations for a future fundraising effort but at this time it will not get you into the subscribers lounge.....we can make you an 'I.C.MAG DONOR'.....and that could be seen next to your user nick............It will take some time to organize........I just wish I could pay the server fees with seeds NOW....lol!

Hmmmm.....thinking about it maybe we can create a 'Doner's Lounge'......let me think on that one for a bit....

Gypsy once Iv got my own hybrid finished i'll be sure to donate some of the seeds to you for fundraising or just as freebies.

I kinda feel like if my donations of seed would not help support the site, than I have been misled. I would still donate to help Gypsy DIRECTLY, if he needed it, but am pretty damn poor myself, so would atleast like to know my efforts had a solid purpose. Ya know?......
Personally, I've never so much as LOOKED on Seedbay, and as much as I'd like to see peeps growin my goods, the purpose of my efforts would be to help the site and/or Gypsy. Not neccesarily Seedbay. Make sense?

BadKarma

The info on this site has saved me enough for 5 lifetime memberships by growing my own easy . So Im in, but I was a bit shocked at the prices but like I said Im in.

I figure I owe the next new guy to join the same I recieved when I got here. A great place to learn about growing.

Will take about 2 months to get the scratch together but im in for a Lifetime

Thanks BK

RED145

Well I for one aint gonna be posting so much,at 40,000 a yr this post alone cost Gypsy 1.43!!!

40 Fucking Thousand dollars!!!!!A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless you Gypsy Nirvana!!!!

I'm still shell shocked at what it cost,yer lucky it aint me cuz the door would be closed!!!

Let me put that in stoner terms,I made 35,000 dollars last year!!!!And Gypsy throws 40,000 away on a web site generating zero!!!

You fuckers all better appreciate it!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

RED145

OK,I lied.....i'm still gonna post!!!

I just thought of a way to save on some bandwidth.......instead of there being an open door,and always having 600 guests,CLOSE IT......make it so there are NO GUESTS allowed,only members!!

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Boxy Brown said:
1. I already knew how to grow good bud before this site was even created, I just came here to teach and help out others.

2. I have never traded anything here, and probably never will

3. 95% of my posts pertain to growing, and all but one of my threads are about growing.

Im not trying to start an argument with you mrwags (I hate arguments) but rather just answering your questions :smile:

Gypsy once Iv got my own hybrid finished i'll be sure to donate some of the seeds to you for fundraising or just as freebies.

Isn't it a bit naive to believe that you'll never learn anything about growing again?

On a different note:

For some people ICMag is more that just a tool or a reference, for some it's about a community of like minded individuals sharing a hobby together (certainly something I can't do in real life due to obvious security risks). And I think that's worth supporting.

dkmonk

Im sure this has already been suggested but pay pal would make this alot more available and easier. I personally don't trust my money flying across seas but if you had a pay pal donation icon that we could use kind it would make donations a lot more accessable to some people. I think im goin to ask this for my birthday present :)

NOKUY

Veteran
doesnt seem too steep to me. I blow money on stupid shit that i never use all the time

this site is neither stupid or useless.

40 grand a year to run this site does seem outrageous.

ill do what i can to help...w/out icmag i'd prolly just get rid of my comp. and the internet alltogether.

thanks gypsy :wave:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Damn an overnite service is like $30 for an envelope from the states -pretty pricey. I think i would have to send mine certified or regestered , got to be cheaper.

No offense gypsy but if you're paying 36k a year for server costs, someone is laughing all the way to the bank. Seriously, that's way too much.

Last edited:
B

Boxy Brown

Sammet said:
Isn't it a bit naive to believe that you'll never learn anything about growing again?

I didn't say I wouldn't lear anything else, I merely said that I already knew how to grow good bud before this site, so far this site has mainly just informed me about new products and nutrients and how good or bad they work, oh and I also use it to see what the strains that im growing or going to grow will turn out like.

also to add when I get the cash i'll be sure to become a lifetime member ($250) on top of a seed donor.

Last edited:
G

Sammet, I agree with supporting our community but not at 100 bucks a year which is what I would buy. I'd never buy a lifetime because my crystal ball broke and I can't foretell the future past the next second. I just think there is a can of worms waiting to be opened with this. One part of my pea-brain is screaming this is a business. If the business owner can't make it work on his own then time to pull the plug. Imagine if you had a storefront business, brick and mortar, and the only way to pay your power bill was to ask your customers for help, how many would? I think they would go "damn sorry about your luck. Better luck next time." The other part of my brain goes, like Sammet says, this is a community. I need to support it. That side is winning but then it loses traction on the price. If you want a community then you can't have 2 classes...donars and others. You need to make it volunteer, which Gypsy is doing and you need to make it so it's affordable to all so all feel like they are equals. There are alot of college students here, a lot of folks from less fortunate countries here and there are alot of folks who rob Peter to pay Paul.
A question that comes to mind on the seed vendors. Shouldn't they be the ones to pay this? They are making money here. It is free advertising. Yeah I know..60/40 split. So they are paying. Hell, combo deal. Lower the volunteer donation price and up their costs 65/35.
I have no answer to this. Well..one...too rich for my blood.

toofat

I am going to pay for a lifetime script, but I think it is way too much. I have a few concerns. Okay if everyone pays up for life how will this cover costs for years to come? This is a one time payment. I belonged to another site(not canna related) years ago that asked for donations and a lot of members paid up. 2 weeks after I sent my money the site closed and was never heard from again. That sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts