Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Anyone ever try high PPM CO2 for killing spider mites?

Thread Title Search
Anyone ever try high PPM CO2 for killing spider mites? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2018, 11:19 PM #41
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
This has become thoroughly disgusting. No way I will smoke this weed.

They are no longer just on the leaves. They are now crawling all over the buds. I found one bud with some webs starting. I saw 30 to 50 mites on a single bud.

I got the vacuum cleaner out and vacuumed all the webs I could see. Only a couple small ones. Then, I looked at the buds and noticed the vac had little effect on the mites themselves but had no effect at all on the trichs. So, what the fuck. I stuck each bud into the vac and sucked off any webs that might have been there.

I have applied preds (in 3 different species) twice in 3 weeks and they seem to do almost nothing. I will release one more batch of 5000 later this week.

I fucking itch all over. I hate these mother fuckers.

2 1/2 weeks until harvest but, like I said, no way I'll smoke this shit.

Will the mites leave the plants during the drying and curing process?

Where will they go?

Will they die on the buds (OMG, gross)?

When the buds go into jars, will they suffocate? Doubtful.

I ain't smokin' this crap.

I could press the entire harvest for rosin and vape their little guts and brains with the rosin.

I could make edibles from the entire crop.Yummy... mite soup.

This is some fucked up shit, for sure. Never, ever in 50 years of growing have I ever had to deal with something this fucked up.

I have 1 crop coming in in 2 1/2 weeks and the other (which is actually not badly infested???) which is coming in in 3 1/2 weeks.

Instead of Red Dragon, this crop is Mitey White.

Did I say how fucked up this is, yet?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:32 PM #42
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
The borg strike again.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is online now Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 02:56 AM #43
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
I remember reading cannabis plants can tolerate 100% helium for 18hrs, while mites cannot. Anyone have any personal experience with this?

When you harvest and hang your branches the mites will crawl off the dying material and go looking for juicy plant material. You can use tanglefoot in appropriate areas to trap the army as they try to leave.

Soooo.... extract city for this batch? Ouch! Hoping everything gets cleaned out well soon.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:22 AM #44
hyposomniac

hyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
This has become thoroughly disgusting. No way I will smoke this weed.

They are no longer just on the leaves. They are now crawling all over the buds. I found one bud with some webs starting. I saw 30 to 50 mites on a single bud.

I got the vacuum cleaner out and vacuumed all the webs I could see. Only a couple small ones. Then, I looked at the buds and noticed the vac had little effect on the mites themselves but had no effect at all on the trichs. So, what the fuck. I stuck each bud into the vac and sucked off any webs that might have been there.

I have applied preds (in 3 different species) twice in 3 weeks and they seem to do almost nothing. I will release one more batch of 5000 later this week.

I fucking itch all over. I hate these mother fuckers.

2 1/2 weeks until harvest but, like I said, no way I'll smoke this shit.

Will the mites leave the plants during the drying and curing process?

Where will they go?

Will they die on the buds (OMG, gross)?

When the buds go into jars, will they suffocate? Doubtful.

I ain't smokin' this crap.

I could press the entire harvest for rosin and vape their little guts and brains with the rosin.

I could make edibles from the entire crop.Yummy... mite soup.

This is some fucked up shit, for sure. Never, ever in 50 years of growing have I ever had to deal with something this fucked up.

I have 1 crop coming in in 2 1/2 weeks and the other (which is actually not badly infested???) which is coming in in 3 1/2 weeks.

Instead of Red Dragon, this crop is Mitey White.

Did I say how fucked up this is, yet?
Wash those buds.. dunk em right under water​ and shake em up good.. leave em submerged a bit.. wash them like nasty produce
hyposomniac is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 04:18 AM #45
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
Mountain out of a mole hill....
Wendull C. is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 04:58 PM #46
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyposomniac View Post
Wash those buds.. dunk em right under water​ and shake em up good.. leave em submerged a bit.. wash them like nasty produce
3% hydrogen peroxide per gallon helps quite a bit as well. Make sure you start with 35% or stronger and dilute to 3%. The 3% stuff in the store has an added stabilizer.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 05:15 PM #47
Infinitelight5D

Infinitelight5D has a spectacular aura aboutInfinitelight5D has a spectacular aura aboutInfinitelight5D has a spectacular aura aboutInfinitelight5D has a spectacular aura aboutInfinitelight5D has a spectacular aura about
I would vaccum the plants 2-3 times a day, and then when you cut hang the branches upside down(duh) and leave a little stem so they will crawl towards the top of the bare stem and web that up, now you can vaccum the drying plants a couple times a day or as needed. Also check the crevices where the branches meet the stem.

Within 4 days it's much less. But be aware wherever you hang them they can spread further, so I would dust the floor and entrance to drying space with diatomaceous earth and/or take other precautions.

Good luck man, it's no fun with spider mites around
Infinitelight5D is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 05:33 PM #48
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
I have been vacuuming the tops and some leaves but it's hard to get any good coverage.

I absolutely plan to hang them and vac them as they gather at the top end of the stem.

I have never washed pot but I am willing to try anything. I will wash a couple in clean cold water and a couple more in the Hydrogen Peroxide.

I have something else to consider. The tent that I use to dry and cure my pot is only a few feet away from a tent that I have a crop growing in. I will be harvesting that tent right after this crop dries. Do you think the mites will migrate from the drying tent to the tent with live plants (in one week or less)?

Something else worth mentioning. I talked earlier how I bought 6 of the ultrasonic pest thingys to try. I have 5 of them plugged into a surge strip and that surge strip is hanging in front of a single cola. That cola only have a few mites on it compared to the other plants. I believe this device does have SOME effect. Perhaps enough to warrant some experimenting. It is definitely having SOME effect.

I fucking itch every time I come out of that room. I usually spend a lot of time with my plants. I touch them a lot and keep leaves trimmed. I am not even touching these plants. LOL Grossing me out just to visit and water.

The good news is, they are frosting up nicely and I only have about 15 days until harvest. I am counting down by the minute. LOL

Thanks again for all the input, except the asshole that made some rude comment about mole hills. Shove a mite up his ass. LMAO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	468103

Old 09-04-2018, 07:01 PM #49
Bballyanks23

Bballyanks23 is on a distinguished road
Mites on my buds

I don't want to spray anything either. They are on the buds so I was thinking of blasting with a hose or vacuuming or using lady bugs. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180904_081733.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	468108 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180904_081242.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	468109 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180904_084124.jpg
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	468110 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180904_081329.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	468111
Bballyanks23 is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 07:23 PM #50
Ringodoggie

Those are too big to be mites. They are something else. Need a more magnified picture.