What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Once more, with feeling.

two heads

Veteran
Legalization Day!

Legalization Day!

It's only going to come once in my lifetime and it was a pretty damn satisfying Legalization Day for me. The crazy weather convinced me I would be taking everything that was left today so I waited for a sunny break and headed out. It was so nice to visit the swamp mid-day with bright sunshine, instead of growing twilight like I usually do. They looked surprisingly perky for plants that had been rained, snowed and hailed on just a couple of hours ago.
picture.php

There was a bit of mold in one but they looked quite healthy and a lot stickier than they did 8 days ago.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I took my time, knowing I might never be back. My last guerrilla harvest?
picture.php

I couldn't stop smiling the whole bike ride home. It was a good year and it was the last year under prohibition. We won.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet! Congratulations on the new freedom! After mid-term election the US is looking to change federal code too! I bet it was great being able to just enjoy the harvest! You have some good experience growing in a swamp, you'll be the go to guy for growing the best herb. Get some seed planted. It will be fun to watch grow this winter, and you'll have some fresh in a few months. Glad the hail snow and rain wasn't too bad. We had some sleet this week! :smoke:

two heads

Veteran
Yeah Pipeline, I hope the US follows Canada and legalizes nationally, though really it was Washington and Colorado that lead the way. I don't think Canada could have pulled this off without their precedent.

It really was a perfect Legalization Day. I realized as I rolled my bike into the garage yesterday that I was bringing home my last guerrilla harvest at exactly 4:20 on 10/17/18. And this morning I woke up to a solid chunk of ice on the bird bath. It hit -6 C overnight - a killing frost for sure - and my plants are all drying and curing safe and sound. Couldn't ask for more!

Ah twoheads. Its the end of an era my dude. Ive been with you all these years.. Just had to pop in official and say well done. You've informed my swampies more than you'll know. Hope you'll share your home grows in the future.

All the best
FM

Midnite Toker

Veteran
A grand thread Two-Heads! We were right there with you. Love the way you celebrate your freedom! The possibilities are endless now, I envy you! Looking forward to next year's project! ~mT

monty49

two heads.. u wont stop swamp grow's im sure,its in your blood.i love the set and forget about growing in the swamp..outdoor hydroponics.I will apways plant in the swamp.Cant grow in canada legal untill they start selling seeds. if i purchased bud from the OCS and i found a seed would that be a legit seed to grow?Need to know.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent...enjoyed seeing the progression...in a swampy area no less! Have had ok, not great success planting on the edge of a bog. Frost hit it so had crispy burnt/frozen buds.

Glad yours grew a bounty. Nice work!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I join other readers here in doffing my hat to Captain Two Heads and other members of the distinguished flight crew, for having flown under the radar over the course of so many growing seasons going back decades, whilst pulling down epic harvests that have educated and inspired many of us fellow growers and tokers, all scattered across the planet.

There can be no more befitting a conclusion to such a productive guerrilla growing endeavor, than to witness a textbook-smooth auto-land dead-center on the runway piano-keys, with the final harvest intact, safe and dry in the cargo hold, even as winter weather closes in under slate-grey skies.

The icing on the cake of course is the news that Canada has finally lifted prohibition laws on our beloved weed, forever more, which, figuratively speaking, is equivalent to a marching band poised to strike up the music, as Two Heads' Airforce One taxis majestically up to the terminal and spools down the turbines, to conclude a marathon flight that was beset by its fair share of turbulence and near misses, en route.

My concluding remark is therefore as follows : Yeeeeeeeehaw !

two heads

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Swamp Thang, I love your analogies - very creative!

monty49, I would never trust a random seed in Ontario. We have too many hemp farms. And the less I deal with the OCS, the better. Doug Ford is exactly the kind of dealer I've spent a lifetime avoiding. With a four plant limit, I would stick with reputable feminized seed. The cost is well worth it.

Flying Monkey, you might be right about the swamp. I do love it there and I'm realizing I'm way more concerned about rippers in my backyard than I ever was in the swamp. Keeping a swamp grow would be a good back-up if I get ripped some dark October night next year at home. I'm thinking I might use the swamp to revive the Baby's Breath seed project. The four plant limit makes it difficult to breed so a guerrilla swamp site would be perfect for a little rule-breaking. Same as it ever was!

I guess that's a wrap on the season. My total was 972 grams, or 34.7 oz. That will do just fine for smoking, sharing, hash making and baking.

Here are the totals for each plant:
C1 = 191g / 28 = 6.82 oz
C2 = 136g / 28 = 4.86 oz
C3 = 269g / 28 = 9.6 oz
BH1 = 238g / 28 = 8.5 oz
BH2 = 138g / 28 = 4.92 oz

Some early C1 all cured and in jars:
picture.php

My favourite smoke so far is the October 9 Critical + 2.0 harvest. I haven't really tried the October 17 Bangi Haze harvest as it just finished trimming and is curing still. The earlier trims of Bangi Haze are nice. Very upbeat and clear but not long lasting. Nor is there even a hint of 'psychedelia', as this strain is often credited with. In some ways, it's like Serious Six, which I grew a few years ago, albeit stronger. I'm not sure if I'd grow it again. A lot will depend on how it smokes over time, especially the later harvest. Really, I suspect this plant should go into the beginning of November if weather allows, and that is very unlikely to occur here in Ontario. Maybe in a greenhouse? We'll see. A greenhouse is one option I'm considering for a backyard grow next year.

But the Critical is all pretty great. The one plant I was forced to harvest on September 22 is a bit weaker but it will be used exclusively for baking so it's all good.

Enjoy the long winter with your harvest everyone. I'm already dreaming about next year!
picture.php

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet! Like the shirt! Thanks for the update. That's a good pull. Got a couple pounds. An ounce a month seems to cover it for us, but it varies. Are all those jars being burped? I recommend using the quart jars so you don't have to burp and monitor so many. Looks like it stores well in trays!

Could still get some fertilizer in the ground. If you can, get some soil worked and start building the soil for your girls next year! Canada's going to show us how to do it! :smoke:

two heads

Veteran
Sweet! Like the shirt! Thanks for the update. That's a good pull. Got a couple pounds. An ounce a month seems to cover it for us, but it varies. Are all those jars being burped? I recommend using the quart jars so you don't have to burp and monitor so many. Looks like it stores well in trays!

Could still get some fertilizer in the ground. If you can, get some soil worked and start building the soil for your girls next year! Canada's going to show us how to do it! :smoke:

Thanks Pipeline. The shirt was hand painted by a friend in Jamaica years ago when I used to do mountain bike tours down there. I love it but never felt comfortable wearing it. Now the message seems perfect.

The weed in those jars is from the October 4 harvest. It's already been burped in bags during the cure. I like storing in this size jar because it's about a week's worth so you always have fresh herb.

I'm not preparing soil yet but I sure am dreaming of a liberated garden next year. Though I'm more worried about being ripped than I have been in decades. Weird. We'll see how it goes for backyard growers. I'd hate to see it spoiled by rippers but they really are the lowest of the low so I wouldn't be surprised.

Latest posts

Latest posts