What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Turning 75

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Today I double watered @ 6 days.
The first watering was 1 1/4 C of plain rain water.
The 2nd was 1 1/2 C of tea but most important was the watering in of the last top dressing that i laid down.
I just love watering in top dressing it is one of my favorite things to do for my plants.
The plants are coming along fine with the tallest @ 14.5 in. and the shortest @ 8 in.with most on their 9th node @35 day of veg.
What I find to be the most tedious task of growing is sexing all though a thrill runs threw me when I spot a set of pistils.
My Skunk A Rella usually takes around 40-45 days for me to find 10 ladies and sometimes i need to flip them into flower because of height limitations.
My preference is to find 10 ladies and transplant them into the flowering pots that i pre-built for them and give them a week to settle in before flipping them.
We will see starting in a few days.
RatZ :tiphat:

Excited to see the results of you Skunk A Rella sounds like a soaring high of a strain was the c99 straight pineapple citrus?

Ratzilla

Veteran
Excited to see the results of you Skunk A Rella sounds like a soaring high of a strain was the c99 straight pineapple citrus?

The C-99 was from brother grim ,the original Cinderella.
Now This was back in 07.
I got it from the REv he told me it was Brothers Grim stock.
It's potency and quick flowering times is why you see it in many crosses.
I have back crossed it more then a few times.
It has morph greatly from where it started.
The originals are long gone.
Playing around being nothing but a pollen chucker!
I have been smoking nothing but Skunk A Rella for years and never tire of the way she taste and where she takes me.

Ratzilla

Veteran
Day 41 of veg
Double watering at 6 days.
For those who don't know what double watering is,I give the plant a cup of rain water then come back in a hour and give then a cup and 1/2 of a tea design to inoculate with a herd of fresh beasties.
I have been over all 24 plants and so far have found 4 ladies.
It is my opinion that plants from seed depending on the variety take from 6-8 weeks to start showing pre-flowers.
So right on cue.
It has also been 12 days since i laid down a top dressing so another is soon.
I went and put down a TBSP of 5-2-2 before their tea just because i love watering top dressings.
The tallest are@ 20 inches so hopefully i will be able to find the other 6 this coming week.
RatZ

Last edited:

Ratzilla

Veteran
Day 43 found 6 now.
I been over 24 plants 3 times to find these 6,whew how tedious.
I feel that i am quickly running out of time, the tallest is now 22 with many others a inch or so behind.
Growing a inch a day i am quickly running out of head room for my SAR stretches at least 2/3 rds as tall as she goes in.
I will light up a 1000 watt HPS to see if that helps in showing pre-flowers.
If i can not find 4 more ladies in the next few days flip them i shall!
I think giving plants time to root in their flowering pots before the flip to be the better for the finishing mass.
I have a 30 X jewelers loop but i shake so in trying to hold the plant steady!.
Wish me luck.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer

The C-99 was from brother grim ,the original Cinderella.
Now This was back in 07.
I got it from the REv he told me it was Brothers Grim stock.
It's potency and quick flowering times is why you see it in many crosses.
I have back crossed it more then a few times.
It has morph greatly from where it started.
The originals are long gone.
Playing around being nothing but a pollen chucker!
I have been smoking nothing but Skunk A Rella for years and never tire of the way she taste and where she takes me.

So perhaps the cindy99 you used was at filial 4 generation before you took itfurther. Was the Cindy more on the grapefruit side like KoS advertises

I can imagine your plants have decent uniformity. Are you skunk a rella F1 or further in?

Ratzilla

Veteran
As i stated before i am but a pollen chucker. I have no idea of what these seeds went through before i got them from the REv.
It was before KOS was even a entity.
I took two different strains and made seed with them.
I would grow these seeds out and make new seed every few years.
Each time i could see some changes.
I would pick plants that the changes look good to me and make newer seeds .
I have done this 3-4 times.
The plants still have a shorter version vrs a taller version.
Most of the plants flowers now become purple almost black when finishing it was not like that in the beginning.
I have no idea of what Filial these plants would be .
For sure they are nothing much of what the parents were.
I pick what looks like the strongest most vigorous plants both male and females i'll pick two females and four males to do the dirty.
I don't know much about being a actual breeder!
Until this smoke doesn't satisfy me anymore i will be continuing making new seeds every few years.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have some C99 going and some Island Sweet Skunk and Island Sweet Skunk x C99 seeds to sow soon. Following in your footsteps Ratzilla. You have seen it all I take that as a good place to start.

Not the same Skunk you have more haze leaning which is fine by me.

Ratzilla

Veteran
I have some C99 going and some Island Sweet Skunk and Island Sweet Skunk x C99 seeds to sow soon. Following in your footsteps Ratzilla. You have seen it all I take that as a good place to start.

Not the same Skunk you have more haze leaning which is fine by me.

I thought the Skunk Red Hair had a lot of Indica.
I think of Haze as Sativaish.
Most peeps think C-99 is sativa when it is more Indica.
Now the effects of Cindy is Sativa so i opine.
I think of my Skunk A Rella as 60% Indica maybe even a touch more.
Skunks and cindy make for great crosses you won't be disappointed!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the C99 is just a fancy Jack Herer or has some Shiva Skunk in it too. Those have a fair bit of Afghan in them. Percents are hard to determine as Tom Hill said of it. The hybrids lean more to one side or the other and it is not predictable for percentages.

A hybrid of two strains will not be half and half necessarily. It can lean heavily to one side.

Yeah, here in California and only thing good here is the pot laws. You said it all hehe. I am scared of going up on the roof now as well. Supposed to be a 30 year type one recently put on. We will see though.

California in 1970 was nice other than the smog. Smog is much better now so that and the pot laws are good. hehe They wrecked the quality of life in so many areas with immigrants. Too many people for the roads and resources. Ponzi scheme to keep people coming in and pay taxes etc.

Ratzilla

Veteran
I was in Calif. in 1971 got a jay walking ticket, a hitch hiking ticket and 3 ID checks in one day. I dressed and looked on the crazy side.
You talk about the GESTAPO jack booted and all.
They would get in your face and hope that you would respond badly.
They would lock me up on a Friday purposely and hold me for 5 days ,you see the weekend did not count when the law read that they could hold you for 3 days to do a background check.
Yea pot laws.
They now care more for the illegal immigrant then the citizens.
Taxing you to death for their bullet train to no where while doing absolutely nothing about it's watershed!
All under Moonbeam Brown and their party. America be dammed is what they are doing.
Of course this is just my opinion.
More sarcasm to follow. hehehe
Ratz :tiphat:

I was in Calif. in 1971 got a jay walking ticket, a hitch hiking ticket and 3 ID checks in one day. I dressed and looked on the crazy side.
You talk about the GESTAPO jack booted and all.
They would get in your face and hope that you would respond badly.
They would lock me up on a Friday purposely and hold me for 5 days ,you see the weekend did not count when the law read that they could hold you for 3 days to do a background check.
Yea pot laws.
They now care more for the illegal immigrant then the citizens.
Taxing you to death for their bullet train to no where while doing absolutely nothing about it's watershed!
All under Moonbeam Brown and their party. America be dammed is what they are doing.
Of course this is just my opinion.
More sarcasm to follow. hehehe

Well said brother! We're def. headed down a horrible road full of hate and deception. It's terrible to see to current human condition but the only thing WE can do is continue down our own path of consciousness. Be well!

Ratzilla

Veteran
Day 45 of veg ,only 7 females,need 10.
Been over and over the plants if only i did not shake so bad. hehehe
Plants are @ 24 inches and it's shit or get off the pot time.
I will stop the CF from coming on so officially its a flip to flower.
It should take but 3-4 days for the plants to declare.
I have cable company coming on the 10th to change my service over.
I want to have them transplanted a few days prior.
They will be in two areas of the house that will have plants in them, i must prepare for stealth flowering smells!!!
I just need to stay calm but wifey is starting to freak already.

DrDee

Day 45 of veg ,only 7 females,need 10.
They will be in two areas of the house that will have plants in them, i must prepare for stealth flowering smells!!!
I just need to stay calm but wifey is starting to freak already.

Hi Ratz...maybe she'll get acclimated to the smell.
Hey liked your story about getting rode out of town. Same thing happened to me in Taos. The cops really hated hippies in 1968. Then they found I was wearing a knife...barely missed jail on that one.
Carry on dude,
JD

Last edited:

Ratzilla

Veteran
Here it is day 2 of flowering and I believe that i ID all the plants and it is not so good.
9 females and 15 males.
Over the years this is the second time that i did not get 10 females out of 24 plants.
Almost always 1.5 times males over female.
Only once did i get 12 females ,a couple of times 11 but mostly i get 10,
the good news is they all look good.
I am now remembering once long ago of only getting 4 ladies out of 24 plants.
It was some Afghan hybrid when i mention the high males to female ratio to the breeder that i got the seed from he said it was only some bad luck on my part.

I did see a bug on one plant it look ant like crawling around on the stalk,i could only see it with my 30 X loop not the naked eye , i sprayed the area that i saw it with neem oil but it might have gotten away.
I don't mind bugs in my pots but i take offense when bug or bugs are on the actual plant.
I hope to transplant the 9 females in the next couple of days for i need to find the energy.
Whatever you think i am here to say getting old does not take as long as you think!
I am starting to not remember some things that i did yesterday.
I am having thoughts about not making new seed this go around because i have so little energy ,i will try and push threw this for the most of the males look excellent and so do the ladies, all nice .
So new stock would be nice.
But maybe just 2 males doing but 1 female.

I am also freaking out some about having a cable guy in my house in 6 more days and he will need to be in 2 rooms if i make seed that plants will be in.
Usually i think i am cool about these sort of things.
So maybe just a few deep breaths going in.
I will turn my lights off of course for the couple of hours that he might be around.
Just 1 month to go for my 75th birthday and i don't want any legal trouble.
I hate to be made to feel criminal over a beneficial plant.
My state just approved medical marijuana but you only can get THC tinctures and oils. No buds?
WTF
Plus I need to get my doctor to OK me for the card that i need from the state plus a couple of hundred bucks,personally I don't want my doctor to know that i smoke pot!
He thinks that i am a respectable member of my community and i think his opinion might change.
I also think it's none of their dam business.
Now if they had flowers along with their other crap I might say screw my doctor and what he might think.
RatZilla feeling blue on only getting 9 ladies!!! :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You can drastically increase the percentage of females by storing your seed in a jar with fresh apple or banana peelings for a couple weeks prior to popping the seeds. The Ethylene gas production of the ripening fruit feminizes the seeds.

Surely the cable guy isnt going to rat you out. Put a pot of Mulled Wine on the stove a few hours before he comes.

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/mulled-wine-recipe/

The wife might like it too. It would make her feel better about the experience and you could offer some to the cable guy.

A kind gesture like that might improve your odds of not getting narced on.

The smell of mulled wine fills the whole house!

Ratzilla

Veteran
You can drastically increase the percentage of females by storing your seed in a jar with fresh apple or banana peelings for a couple weeks prior to popping the seeds. The Ethylene gas production of the ripening fruit feminizes the seeds.

Thanks for the reminder for I have heard of Ethylene before but can not remember what was the context, maybe for seed feminization.
I am at the point of forgetting much lately!
I will certainly try this next go round.

I saved 3 nice males and put them into their new home for a couple of weeks.
In making seed I am opinion that it takes about 40-42 days after pollination for the seed to be mature.
Being I like to wait about the 3rd week of flowering to do the deed so there will be enough flowering sites to pollinate,it also gives the males some time to make lots of pollen.
I also got the 9 females into their new homes, 10 inch sq. pots that hold about 2.5 gal. here at the 4th day of flower.
These flowering pots were pre-built 31 days ago so they are ready to take off.
This period of the grow is refereed to by many as the stretch or the root and shoot.

Ratzilla

Veteran
Back on track!
Cable guy came and did his business and left.
I get so much anxiety anymore.
I got a prescription from my doctor but I still feel very anxious.
A couple of deep breaths now! hehehe

I had to bend the tops of the male plants over for they were already getting into a couple of T-8 that I have over them.
Day 8 of flower and the females are showing great potential for the donkey dicks (cola's)that put a grin on my old face!
Nice and healthy do the girls look and doing it with much turgidity.
I am still deciding whether to pollinate 1 or 2 girls.
Does anyone know how i could spread some of these seeds around without getting into trouble with this site.
I mean don't they have a auction where i could donate a bunch of wonderful genes so that IC Mag could get some of these seeds to my fellow growers.
Does anyone know whom i should contact about this???
I mean I am still a couple of months away from being able to do this.
It would make a difference if I pollinate 1 or 2 of my ladies.