What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

negatives DWC adventure....Blue Dream.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for that.
Doing research right now on clarified neem oils. I used azamax 3 times during veg, the last application being 6-19-18. Do the clarified neems work similarly well? I do not use any sprays in flower. Oh good news...seems the neem I had been spraying weekly as a preventative is clarified...woot. Had just switched to Azamax to change things up recently.
Main ingredient "Clarified hydrophobic extract of neem".
Ok thats good I think. So no more Aza but I can continue to use the oils and such in veg within reason. I like the lemongrass oil. Great smell as well.
Thanks again Douglas.Curtis Have a great day.
peace negative.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice grow! Sure filled that space out in a quickness. Plants looks great as do your smokeables! I'm guessing that BD is going to yield like a champ!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
That's definitely good news. Not sure about the Azamax application for you, I know I'd have serious issues if it was 3ml/gallon or more. Hopefully you don't have any problems with it.

Any old injuries that act up from time to time? Watch those jacking up in pain levels within a few minutes to a week of using these flowers. Eating basically the same diet regularly and know your digestion system? Watch for burbling, slow down and pain when you're sure you haven't changed anything. Again, it'll happen within minutes to a week or so, depending on what's left. Feeling like you have the flu, with mild body pain all over, these are signs you're ingesting azadirachtin and have a sensitivity to it.

I'll be interested in hearing your reactions to it, so please be sure to watch for it and let us know. :) Everyone is different. ;)

negative37dBA

Veteran
Nice grow! Sure filled that space out in a quickness. Plants looks great as do your smokeables! I'm guessing that BD is going to yield like a champ!

Thanks so much for the kind words Lester Beans
The space did fill up nicely...too nicely if you know what I mean. They are looking pretty good. I like to show all the work, not just the best stuff and pretend like I never have issues.
The smokeables are outta sight man. Concentrate world has never been better for me than right now.... the variety and control you have are amazing.
The BD will yield very well. A bit restricted because of the other 3 but she still will put on good weight.

So I took on a challenge to save a dying bd clone in soiless.
picture.php

Pulling it out of the medium.
picture.php

Carefully remove medium from roots.
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Then replant in a 5 gallon dwc bucket.
picture.php

Couple weeks later..ok.
picture.php

But under here we have some good news!! Roots popping all around.
picture.php

Think it is going to make it. Nice. That was fun.
peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Neems and Azadirachtin stuff.

Neems and Azadirachtin stuff.

That's definitely good news. Not sure about the Azamax application for you, I know I'd have serious issues if it was 3ml/gallon or more. Hopefully you don't have any problems with it.

Any old injuries that act up from time to time? Watch those jacking up in pain levels within a few minutes to a week of using these flowers. Eating basically the same diet regularly and know your digestion system? Watch for burbling, slow down and pain when you're sure you haven't changed anything. Again, it'll happen within minutes to a week or so, depending on what's left. Feeling like you have the flu, with mild body pain all over, these are signs you're ingesting azadirachtin and have a sensitivity to it.

I'll be interested in hearing your reactions to it, so please be sure to watch for it and let us know. :) Everyone is different. ;)

Ok good to hear. Did you mean 3ml per gallon or quart? The low dose on the label says 2ml per quart. Just asking because I may be high then. I never use something full strength to start, good way to mess things up quick.
It will be a good while before I have any to try but I will remember the symptoms stuff.
Really appreciate this passing of knowledge. I have already learned a few valuable things from this thread and you.:dance013:
Just got back from the river with my hounds...100 here today and it was sweet. Went with a buddy who had some Nine Pound Hammer to sample, pretty good stuff. Not as hard as I expected but I am pretty seasoned.
The chick in the red thong did not hurt the view of the river either, :peacock:just saying.
peace, negative.

Douglas.Curtis

3ml per gallon. Definitely interested in your response to it at 3ml/quart.

LOL Scenery is great in the summer. ;)

negative37dBA

Veteran
3ml per gallon. Definitely interested in your response to it at 3ml/quart.

LOL Scenery is great in the summer. ;)

Well that is not exactly what I wanted to hear but OK. Will lab tests for pesticides and residuals show this? I have no problem testing the flowers to see about whats leftover. So 3 doses at 2ml/quart is what they received.....hmmm. Well we will see where this goes. I guess some testing will be part of the final reports on this. Maybe we will get some good or additional information.
This is the great thing about this community. The information/idea exchanges. It people interacting that makes the world go round.:woohoo:

About the scenery....yeah. The river around here is a magnet for the hotties. Super active outdoors place where I live. Can you say in shape ladies??
Thanks again Douglas.Curtis.
peace, negative.

Douglas.Curtis

Labs should be able to find levels I can physically detect, but I have no personal experience with lab testing yet.

Kudos on the re-plant to hydro, good job. :)

negative37dBA

Veteran
Labs should be able to find levels I can physically detect, but I have no personal experience with lab testing yet.

Kudos on the re-plant to hydro, good job. :)

Ok. I have access to lab testing so that will be a interesting thing to find out. Thanks for the compliments on the hydro re-plant. Have not tried that yet but I figured it would work. Was reading about "osmotic stress" and was a bit worried that it might have some trouble. Things look good though and I think she will pull through.
Definition: "Osmotic shock or osmotic stress is a sudden change in the solute concentration around a cell, causing a rapid change in the movement of water across its cell membrane. Under conditions of high concentrations of either salts, substrates or any solute in the supernatant water is drawn out of the cells through osmosis."
Have a great day!
peace, negative

Raho

Veteran
If the lab can detect the aza is a different issue from if the lab looks for the aza.
Aza is not normally tested for in canna pesticide panel because it is "allowed"

You would have to ask your lab if they test for it before assuming the absence of a hit on your report meant you were clean.

Douglas.Curtis

Very good point Raho. The testing done 10 years from now is going to include a whole lot more data points than it does now. lol

negative37dBA

Veteran
If the lab can detect the aza is a different issue from if the lab looks for the aza.
Aza is not normally tested for in canna pesticide panel because it is "allowed"

You would have to ask your lab if they test for it before assuming the absence of a hit on your report meant you were clean.

Copy that Raho and thanks for the information.
Its day 5 of flower and things are going great. Getting some nice little pH swings from 5.5 to about 6.2 and the plant is drinking and feeding....woot!
picture.php

I would like to talk about Vapor Pressure Deficit, or VPD. I live in a very dry environment, desert. I have tried many things but with the set up of my room I am always below 20% rh. Now my canopy temps are 73.9 as I look right now. They go from 72 to about 77 when lights on depending on time of year. I am nowhere near being in the "good zone" for VPD. I have grown some excellent plants if I do say so myself over the years and have never been in the "green zone" Do they really need to be there or what is up with VPD. I understand the science of it. Wondering how much better they would do if I was in the green zone?
Thanks and peace, negative.

Douglas.Curtis

Love the desert! Work on keeping your canopy temps at 72F max and you'll be fine.

In my opinion, when you max out temp and RH for maximum VPD, you're growing equatorial style which means huge plants. In my opinion, you're not really growing more trichomes, you're actually growing a lot of plant.

Plants use transpiration for 2 main jobs, cooling and hydration. When the heat is high, there isn't much transpiration left for hydration. You have to keep the humidity up. When the heat is low, you keep transpiration up by dropping the humidity. The plant is using transpiration for hydration.

When your heat is so-so, your humidity needs to be so-so. Which explains the 50-60% most people recommend during flowering. Their temps are usually around 75-80F.

Low and cool creates some of the stickiest, most fragrant and tasty cannabis I've ever grown. I now live in humidity and it freaking sucks. I need to pick up several thousand dollars worth of equipment now, to go to a sealed room. Bleah!! :)

negative37dBA

Veteran
That sounds good. 73 at canopy and 68.7 water temperature for the roots this morning when I checked. Got a water change out scheduled for Sunday. Will be adding Big Bud to the mix for the first time this week. I went 75% on the nutes and adds last week. I noticed very slight down turning of the leaf tips. My initial reading was 1320 and it liked it better after I diluted it down to at 1100 or so. I am thinking that a 17 percent reduction in nute strength would be about right...
That would put me right in the 700 ppm ballpark without adds. Right where Douglas.Curtis said to be....nice.:woohoo:
I cannot help but smile when I look at this big healthy plant. She gives off good vibes and some nice smells as well. Rubbing stems on this one is a pleasure.
This give me some great ideas for future hydro grows. For my space a 2 or 3 bucket system will be plenty to fill a screen well.
On the down side....My knee has blown up a bit over the last 2 days. Totally stuck on my ass nursing it. Hurts like f$*k!
Going to have to bust out the serious meds today. Some super nice Clear.
picture.php

peace and good day all, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
End week 1 of flower!

End week 1 of flower!

I'm impressed and expecting quite pleasing results for you. Keep up the good work. :)

From some one with the level of experience you have that means a lot to me...thanks very much for that.:tiphat:
We have reached end of week 1 of flower!! The Blue Dream is taking over, can you guys even tell there are 3 other plants in the room?? Trying to grow out the door and touching the walls. Just did my 2nd week rez change out. Added Big Bud to the mix today. She looks great!
picture.php

Here is where I ended up on the ppms...right where I wanted to be. I had 480 before the A & B so that's right on. We will see how it reacts to this level of nutrients. Been calibrating weekly with this unit and it is staying rock solid. I also have a Combi as a back up. Do not want to be caught without the ability to read pH and ppm.
picture.php

Temps have been getting pretty chilly outside at night for July, helps keep the room cool. Running about 73 at canopy level. She dropped about 5 leaves over the last couple days from down low. It is just so dark under the canopy they do not like it. I will probably clean all that up here in week 3. Might do a little defoliation as well. What are your guys thoughts on that?
peace, negative.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Definitely trim the leaves down below the canopy. At about week 2, I usually go through and clip off any flower sites I missed. I clip off all flowers below the optimal light zone, the ones you see growing a stem away from the branch.

Those lower flowers, trying to stretch up into the light, are only going to be fluffy things so it's best to chop em. Put all those resources up to the top flowers. :)

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for that. Yeah she dropped about 4 more last night just do to no light. I usually do clean up everything as the 400's I use do not penetrate real well. I try to keep as even of a canopy as possible. This is getting real hard this run as the hydro plant is just going wild compared to the soiless 3.
Going to lower it a couple inches and do some clean up tonight. I have it sitting on some bricks so it is pretty easy to do.
Cool shot of some glycerine tincture I made up. Got some nice color. Pre straining of course.
picture.php

peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Jungle shots...lol

Jungle shots...lol

Here is what it is looking like in the canopy. Green, sweet and thick.:biggrin:
picture.php

GG4 fighting for space.
picture.php

Cleaning up a bit underneath this evening. Concentrating efforts to the tops.
peace, negative.