What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else love Zamaldelica and making crosses with it?

nksv

Hey all, interested in hearing those working with the mighty Zamaldelica and crossing it.

I have made a few so far - cross with a Sam Haze (super sativa looking), unsure what type but very mango and strong. Also with Orient Express and Nepjam. These I have just popped so no idea what they smoke like but they are super vigorous and wonderful plants. All seeds popping over night and going off! I'd love to cross with a Satori.

I love this strain, so unique and interested in others playing around with it. I have a NL/BB which I thought about crossing with a Zamaldelica - anyone else done interesting crosses? Thanks!

Morglie

I hit a Thai pheno with my male Panama green pheno. I just started growing 4 of them though, so I don't know much about the cross yet. The mother was a bit of a gittery buzz. Like you can't hold still. I'm hoping the Panama takes that edge off.

THCengineer

I'm thinking about a Zam Afghan#1 or a Zam x Ethiopian IBL cross. Since I have some 2-month old Zam pollen in fridge, I'll probably dust my 6 Ethiopians with that. (6, 1 week old seedlings in a vertical Inda Gro 400W cabinet. The light is intense with supplemental fluorescents and reflective mylar.) My last grow yielded about 7oz seeded Zamaldelica, which 3 females continued to grow even after I pollinated them with a Zam male, and showed no sign of slowing down, even after having flowered for 5 1/2 months. (I vegged them for only 2 weeks before placing them on 13/11 then 14/10 to try to finish them, but they were almost pushing against the top of my 36" tall cab, so I just decided to harvest so I could start my Ethiopians.)

nksv

I'd be really interested in hearing how it would go with an indica. Will the astral body escape? haha

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Zamaldelica x Hawaiian

Zamaldelica x Hawaiian

This is a Zamaldelica x Hawaiian I grew out last summer. Very pleasant aroma of equine. Good producer, I did pollinate her with a male F2 Z x H this past summer. Peace

THCengineer

I'd be really interested in hearing how it would go with an indica. Will the astral body escape? haha
Maybe it would be too stoned to fly away? I got the A#1 recently as a freebee from Ace, so I may as well cross it eventually with a Zam, to see what happens. I expect it would be a dopey "whiskey pot" narcotic effect, nowhere as soaring and ethereal as a great sativa hybrid such as Ciski.

Can you answer the God Question?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but unable?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him God?
.:Epicurus:. Greek Philosopher 341-270 BCE

THCengineer

I'm thinking about a Zam Afghan#1 or a Zam x Ethiopian IBL cross. Since I have some 2-month old Zam pollen in fridge, I'll probably dust my 6 Ethiopians with that. (6, 1 week old seedlings in a vertical Inda Gro 400W cabinet. The light is intense with supplemental fluorescents and reflective mylar.) My last grow yielded about 7oz seeded Zamaldelica, which 3 females continued to grow even after I pollinated them with a Zam male, and showed no sign of slowing down, even after having flowered for 5 1/2 months. (I vegged them for only 2 weeks before placing them on 13/11 then 14/10 to try to finish them, but they were almost pushing against the top of my 36" tall cab, so I just decided to harvest so I could start my Ethiopians.)
ALTERED BEAST

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=1&page=12 Old 11-06-2016, 10:32 PM #120

URL for my long rambling introduction (I'm not able to provide photos of my grow), followed by an idea about exposing cannabis seeds very briefly, advisedly, just a second or two, to a crude but effective, home made x-ray machine that you, yourself can construct inexpensively. If this sounds intriguing, for starters, google: how to make a home made x-ray machine

Mutagenesis creating strange and unknown THC profiles could actually result, due to the x-rays ability of altering the seed's natural genetics. (Btw, our ancestors and we, ourselves, to some degree, have all been exposed to the x-rays that routinely accompany the UV, and gamma-ray bursts streaming from sudden, sporadic supernova explosions.) Typical cataclysmic x-ray stellar explosions are rich sources of x-ray radiation and these events are theorized to have recurrently affected the evolution of life on Earth. Thusly, punctuated evolution of all living species, including the cannabis plant, may have been repeatedly triggered over eons by these x-ray inundations. However, it should be remembered, that since these radiant energies are highly damaging to living cells, limiting seed-irradiating exposure time to very brief doses is imperative. For those who are doubtful or opposed to such "mad scientist" meddling/investigation, I adjure them that all life itself may be seen as one big ongoing program amounting to the cosmos conducting a controlled test or investigation. Hence, this huge, billions-of-years universal experimental process has, since time immemorial, involved and incorporated powerful flashes of intense stellar X-rays permeating and changing the individual cells of all living beings on planet Earth. Perhaps this phenomena represents a pervasive cosmological mechanism designed to promote sentience/survival upgrades in plants, animals and homo sapiens? As for me, it is exciting to think about delving into the creative cauldron of life itself. Just think, modern technology has empowered DIY enthusiasts to construct their very own miniature cosmic evolutionary "device" capable of replicating the life-altering results of unbelievably stupendous DNA-altering Supernovas! Now, any intrepid botanist/breeder is enabled to foray deeper into the mysterious realm of genetic manipulation via employment of powerful rays. Could this be the next step in 21st century cannabis culture?

All things are artificial, for nature is the art of God. - Thomas Browne

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey all, interested in hearing those working with the mighty Zamaldelica and crossing it.

I have made a few so far - cross with a Sam Haze (super sativa looking), unsure what type but very mango and strong. Also with Orient Express and Nepjam. These I have just popped so no idea what they smoke like but they are super vigorous and wonderful plants. All seeds popping over night and going off! I'd love to cross with a Satori.

I love this strain, so unique and interested in others playing around with it. I have a NL/BB which I thought about crossing with a Zamaldelica - anyone else done interesting crosses? Thanks!

Hi nksv,

I'm glad to hear you love Zamaldelica and that you find her enough interesting to produce your own crosses. :huggg:

I think Zamaldelica would produce great sativa hybrids with Kali China (i think both terpene profiles can produce a really unique mango incensey aroma and i think the effects in this hybrid will be top notch too), with Panama, with Haze Thai or with other nice pure african strains like angolese, ethiopian, durban, or with more tamed african sativa hybrids like Reina Madre, Lilly, etc ...

I wouldn't cross Zamaldelica with afghani or skunk, but that's just my personal opinion.

I dusted my zam with a wide leaf Tikal male. Only got 4 viable seeds. Will be interesting to see what happens.

On a side note, I love that zamaldelica pheno. It smells primarily of roses but also has a scent after curing that takes me back to when I grew the original sol sweet tooth #3, must be around 2001. Can't wait to grow more of them.

PF

nksv

Thanks Dubi.

Kali China would be excellent. I was also thinking of some of those Himalayan sativas. I'd probably have to agree that an indica pairing wouldn't be as good as a sativa love up. I'm a complete noob when it comes to crossing so total experimentation atm but without being too idiotic! haha

earthwyrms

possibly. light x-ray exposure seems to stimulate plant health or something, acording to a study (i would have to re search google for it). also the mutagen effect i think is symbiotic with free fall or i guess zero gravity. if i remember correct, i think i gathered that as a hypothesis or read it. but probably geussed it because a hinese man put a breeding experiment of lotus flowers into space on chinese commercial lease setions of their spae program the lotus that resulted was healthy and enourmous and is called outer spae sun, i think. exposing extrasolar radiation approximates to blue lotus wouldn't neesarily do that, so i geuss the freefall towards earth in conjunction with the particle and x (gamma) radiation had the effet and probably other stuff to disover. yeah i think it would be great to get absolutely pure landrae satvva and open pollenate breed them on the ISS. and get an ALTERED BEAST, HAHAHAHAHA
ALTERED BEAST

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=1&page=12 Old 11-06-2016, 10:32 PM #120

URL for my long rambling introduction (I'm not able to provide photos of my grow), followed by an idea about exposing cannabis seeds very briefly, advisedly, just a second or two, to a crude but effective, home made x-ray machine that you, yourself can construct inexpensively. If this sounds intriguing, for starters, google: how to make a home made x-ray machine

Mutagenesis creating strange and unknown THC profiles could actually result, due to the x-rays ability of altering the seed's natural genetics. (Btw, our ancestors and we, ourselves, to some degree, have all been exposed to the x-rays that routinely accompany the UV, and gamma-ray bursts streaming from sudden, sporadic supernova explosions.) Typical cataclysmic x-ray stellar explosions are rich sources of x-ray radiation and these events are theorized to have recurrently affected the evolution of life on Earth. Thusly, punctuated evolution of all living species, including the cannabis plant, may have been repeatedly triggered over eons by these x-ray inundations. However, it should be remembered, that since these radiant energies are highly damaging to living cells, limiting seed-irradiating exposure time to very brief doses is imperative. For those who are doubtful or opposed to such "mad scientist" meddling/investigation, I adjure them that all life itself may be seen as one big ongoing program amounting to the cosmos conducting a controlled test or investigation. Hence, this huge, billions-of-years universal experimental process has, since time immemorial, involved and incorporated powerful flashes of intense stellar X-rays permeating and changing the individual cells of all living beings on planet Earth. Perhaps this phenomena represents a pervasive cosmological mechanism designed to promote sentience/survival upgrades in plants, animals and homo sapiens? As for me, it is exciting to think about delving into the creative cauldron of life itself. Just think, modern technology has empowered DIY enthusiasts to construct their very own miniature cosmic evolutionary "device" capable of replicating the life-altering results of unbelievably stupendous DNA-altering Supernovas! Now, any intrepid botanist/breeder is enabled to foray deeper into the mysterious realm of genetic manipulation via employment of powerful rays. Could this be the next step in 21st century cannabis culture?

All things are artificial, for nature is the art of God. - Thomas Browne

freefall isn't zero gravity, as the grav field of the earth exerts itself still, only the impact never is felt as the subject is in free fall. zero gravity would be floating while away from mass, but all mass still exerts some force of gravity supposedly and also everything seems to be moving towards something else, like us towards the earth which is towards the sun which is towards the black hole Sagittarius A at the center of the milky way galaxy, which is towards the great attractor which is towards the shapely supercluster. :)

if you put Radmax shielding as a covering around your growtent, which is rated (calulators) for the output, or use lead plating which is supported, you could put a small x-ray / overdriven radio tube in with the plants and run it at intervals. it is something i want to do.

earthwyrms

beans are go

beans are go

i crossed it with jalisco IBL from e$cob@r, and also with subcool apollo 13 BX and i might cross those beans with dark horse genetics bruce banner BX 2.0 (well only one of the jalisco cross because i wanted to save most of the 13 beans for in crossing or crossing with more sativas or both in one run)

Last edited:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hi,i really love zamaldelica!actually i have a seeds of zam.x destroyer,i will make zam.x purple haze thai,x original haze,x Neville haze,and if i'll find them,x k1 zamal or kerala..another cross i would try is zam. X oaxaca...

Last edited:

The Hatter

Veteran
Farmerlion those plants look beautiful. I wish I had a male of some short flowering chunky, frosty sativa like C99 or Holy Princess to cross with my super long flowering Zammy female when I flowered her. I still hold onto the clone to this day, but I doubt she will ever be flowered again which is a shame because she produced the closest thing to psychedelic herb I have come across. It would have been nice to have some hybrid seeds from her that weren't so absolutely impossible to tame as their mother. That plant was an absolute beast that went 18 1/2 weeks with 8X stretch. It was a truly humbling experience as a grower to get my ass kicked by that plant.

nksv

Hi,i really love zamaldelica!actually i have a seeds of zam.x destroyer,i will make zam.x purple haze thai,z.x o haze,x Neville haze,and if i'll find them,x k1 zamal or kerala..another cross i would try is zam. X oaxaca...

oh man, these all sound wonderful!

Ncali

Veteran
So I've yet to grow or smoke Zamal, but from words spoken here and in ACE forum, rust II etc she sounds like a wonderful strain.

What are some of the primary characteristics you guys are seeing passed off to Zamal progeny? What are some characteristics you hope get passed along? Ive seen the effect has been described as dreamy/introspective with very positive vibes, accurate description?

I have a lot of the ace line up I've yet to try, a few I have already (VbT, panama) and would like a nice up high sat that is less of crazy wild ride and more big warm hug (VbT R.I.P.). Going to search through new and old GT line up in to find same effect, maybe worth looking into Zamaldelica too!!

THCengineer

My response to: "earthwyrms" 02-26-2017, 12:04 PM #12 entry of this thread:

The New Age of Cannabis Culture: Mutageneis Breeding

earthwyrms posted: "if you put Radmax shielding as a covering around your grotent, or use lead plating which is supported, you could put a small x-ray / overdriven radio tube in with the plants and run it at intervals. it is something i want to do."

Hello there earthwyrms, my fellow-experimenter! I really like your ideas, and I applaud you for being a "thinking man." However, I am persuaded that there are several caveats to consider before charging ahead with our "mad scientist" programs? So, let's compare two methods of x-ray-mutagenesis-intervention: #1., the established, proven bioengineering treatment of seeds and/or sprouts, compared with #2., an alternate strategy entailing a schedule of intermittent, wholesale x-ray Radmax exposure, shielded by lining a grotent with a layer of lead sheeting or foil (as in a covering around a tent). Now, in keeping with my reliable motto of "simplicity/efficiency," my opinion is that the #1. treatment is preferable to that of the #2. because its manner of x-ray exposure of seeds/sprouts promotes a more efficient (therefore productive) outcome; and it is also a comparatively safe action; and is a relatively inexpensive technique moreso than treatment #2. Those three positive features of #1. stem from the "asymmetrical" nature of the #1. process itself. (asymmetrical = yielding results disproportionate to the effort.) Admittedly, I realize that the following example of the term "asymmetrical" entails a very dark reminder of the 911 horrors that shook the USA along with the rest of the world. Nevertheless, in the interest of illustrating its meaning, here is the example of how that term, "asymmetrical," was used to characterize the terrorist's malicious, subversive plan within the context of a September 11, 2001 World Trade Center Twin Towers article that I discovered online. The article stated that the terrorist operation in which the 911 Twin Towers disaster occurred, was considered to be an *asymmetrical* terrorist deployment. This designation was applied because the terrorists themselves wreaked major havoc via minimal effort, risk and monetary expenditure on their part. In other words, "they got a lot of results for a little outlay." So saying, here are three limiting factors to weigh when considering inundating an entire grow area, be it large or small, so as to completely immerse every plant with a sufficient degree of powerful x-ray radiation capable of promoting noticeable mutagenic effects: (a. The daunting prospect of struggling with erecting an unwieldy enveloping barrier of heavy lead shielding; (b. ensuing structural weight-support problems; (c. Safety considerations regarding possible radiation leakage resulting from even minute pinhole x-ray leaks in the lead shielding that could easily result in unfelt, but intense multiple blasts of deadly radiation. All-in-all, I suspect that a much higher radiation emission level issuing from a centrally located x-ray tube-source placed in the midst of a grotent would be necessary to effect any meaningful alteration of genetic material. In order to adequately blanket a given area, the #2. experiment would likely require a much higher level of radiation from a source than would the #1. method. This is because the #1. method entails a more controlled, relatively quick and easy very close-proximity, relatively lower dose exposure of individual seeds or sprouts, than would the ongoing # 2 process.

Concerning greater in-depth data on exposing vegetable seeds to X-rays, here is a bit of information I found online: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutation_breeding - Mutation breeding, sometimes referred to as "variation breeding", is the process of exposing seeds to chemicals or radiation in order to generate mutants with desirable traits (or lacking undesirable ones) to be bred with other cultivars. Plants created using mutagenesis are sometimes called mutagenic plants or mutagenic seeds. From 1930 to 2014 more than 3200 mutagenic plant varietals have been released[1][2] that have been derived either as direct mutants (70%) or from their progeny (30%).[3] Crop plants account for 75% of released mutagenic species with the remaining 25% ornamentals or decorative plants.[4] However, although the FAO/IAEA reported in 2014 that over 1,000 mutant varietals of major staple crops were being grown worldwide,[1] it is unclear how many of these varieties are currently used in agriculture or horticulture around the world, as these seeds are not always identified or labeled as being mutagenic or having a mutagenic provenance.[5] (continued)

and I also googled: " how to make a homemade x-ray machine " which information from the various sites I found quite informative, in that it is really a simple task for a non-technical guy like me to construct a crude but effective x-ray device. However, it is really important that one should take sufficient precautions to avoid even slight exposure to the powerful rays!

and here is another article detailing x-ray experiments conducted from 1926 to 1933:

http://ww were in sprouted condition. No significant changes have been observed in the case of radishes, exposed sprouted as well as dry, and of corn exposed dry.

Abstract: "DNA is the 'instruction manual' for the successful growth of a living thing, from a single cell to a mature adult. When the DNA of an organism is somehow 'damaged,' it can have an impact on the organism's development over time."

Process: There are different kinds of mutagenic breeding such as using chemical mutagens like ethyl methanesulfonate and dimethyl sulfate, radiation and transposons are used to generate mutants. Mutation breeding is commonly used to produce traits in crops such as larger seeds, new colors, or sweeter fruits, that either cannot be found in nature or have been lost during evolution.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68748&pictureid=1663138&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68748&pictureid=1663139&thumb=1]View Image[/url] This is a Zamaldelica x Hawaiian I grew out last summer. Very pleasant aroma of equine. Good producer, I did pollinate her with a male F2 Z x H this past summer. Peace

Looks like a successful hybrid farmerlion :)
It has a nice structure and behaviour for indoor growing.
How is the hawaiian line you are using for the cross ?
I'm glad to hear you continue with its breeding!

I dusted my zam with a wide leaf Tikal male. Only got 4 viable seeds. Will be interesting to see what happens.

On a side note, I love that zamaldelica pheno. It smells primarily of roses but also has a scent after curing that takes me back to when I grew the original sol sweet tooth #3, must be around 2001. Can't wait to grow more of them. PF

Sounds lovely PandyFackler :yes: I think there's huge potential in a Zamaldelica x Tikal hybrid, especially if you manage to combine the roses aroma of your Zamaldelica with the Tikal strawberry pheno. Another interesting route would be to cross a Zamaldelica mango carrot fruity smelling pheno with the peach/incensey Tikal pheno. And of course select for the best sativa effects that both strains have to offer.

Hi,i really love zamaldelica!actually i have a seeds of zam.x destroyer,i will make zam.x purple haze thai,x original haze,x Neville haze,and if i'll find them,x k1 zamal or kerala..another cross i would try is zam. X oaxaca...

Excellent crosses willydread! Please keep us updated on the Zamaldelica x Destroyer hybrid, sounds fantastic!
The Zamaldelica x haze and haze hybrids should produce excellent tropical sativa hybrids as well ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So I've yet to grow or smoke Zamal, but from words spoken here and in ACE forum, rust II etc she sounds like a wonderful strain.

What are some of the primary characteristics you guys are seeing passed off to Zamal progeny? What are some characteristics you hope get passed along? Ive seen the effect has been described as dreamy/introspective with very positive vibes, accurate description?

I have a lot of the ace line up I've yet to try, a few I have already (VbT, panama) and would like a nice up high sat that is less of crazy wild ride and more big warm hug (VbT R.I.P.). Going to search through new and old GT line up in to find same effect, maybe worth looking into Zamaldelica too!!

Hi NCali,

Guess it depends on your breeding goals .... I have successfully bred with the long flowering and less tamed Zamaldelica trippy/scary phenos, and with the more tamed Zamaldelica fruity phenos of very clean, uplifting and well focused effects too ....

Probably Golden Tiger and some Zamaldelicas are too aggressive for the type of sativa effects you are looking for, i would recommend you to use Orient Express sativa phenos and Tikal to achieve your breeding goals.