Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2015, 09:43 PM #21
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Hi Joey2 good on you for trying mate. The cob unwrapped looks as if a cure might have happened but its hard to tell from the pics. The leaves you used should have been ok to wrap it in.
Does it smell sweet? If the Mexi buds were dry it will not cure properly, but you would be the best judge of that. It would work better with a bigger amount of buds but for a first attempt, not bad. It takes a few goes to get it right, but if it smells sweet while cureing you are on the way.
The test will be the smoking.
Tangwena
Tangwena is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:53 PM #22
joe2

joe2 will become famous soon enough
Thanks Tangwen, id did cure, not much change in scent, way more dence and much darker. Those buds are lime green and on the fluffy side. They were just put in the cureing jar when I saw this thread, so I think I wraped em rite on time. I did 2 mexiairlines the other is back in the vac bag for another week. The unknown sativa is still in the vac bag, it may have been to dry. The scent of the grape leaf is strong on the bud, reminds me of good food, some may not like that im gonna use corn husk this fall. I wish I was growing some malawi
joe2 is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2015, 10:09 PM #23
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
High Joey2 Those buds will do fine and make a good cob, if you can use at least an ounce and a half of buds if you have them. The thicker the cob the better, it seems to cure easier
I would say it has worked so you should be able to taste the difference once it has dried.
Good on you mate for trying something new, respect brother.
Tangwena

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:13 PM #24
joe2

Yea man, I tried to show the contrast of the dried bud to the cob cured but the camera didn't do it justice. I checked the unknown sativa and it was lookin way different. Im gonna wait till the two week date to open again. Ive been smoking the unknsat bud and its ok for first of the day smoke so I hope for a vast improvement. Tangwena I see what u mean from potency through concentration those buds were thicker then my thumbs now there little pencil cobs. Like a rough hash so to speak. I gotta get me some Malawi and do it legit. NE ways Tangwena nice technique with the vac bag cob, burying my harvest was not on my list of things to do
joe2 is offline Quote

Old 07-27-2015, 07:36 AM #25
Tangwena

2 weeks cob cured nev haze

Hi Guys, I have taken the nev haze cobs out of the vac bag and will now allow them to air dry in a cool, dry, dark place for a few weeks before re sealing them in a vac bag for long term storage.
They are very strong but I dont like the Haze type of high so it will become Christmas presents for some friends.
The cobs still smell very sickly sweet, but when smoked its just a sweet dense slightly pine flavor , a bit too stoney for me I kept bumping into things not my type of high.

Tangwena

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:18 PM #26
Ziggaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgQ0kTvU5-s

Did anybody else notice that the cob he opens around 3:30 is filled with mold? He doesn't even seem to notice or care, just closes it back up. Yuck!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:40 AM #27
tea_is_back
pot°grapher

tea_is_back is a glorious beacon of lighttea_is_back is a glorious beacon of lighttea_is_back is a glorious beacon of lighttea_is_back is a glorious beacon of lighttea_is_back is a glorious beacon of lighttea_is_back is a glorious beacon of lighttea_is_back is a glorious beacon of lighttea_is_back is a glorious beacon of lighttea_is_back is a glorious beacon of lighttea_is_back is a glorious beacon of lighttea_is_back is a glorious beacon of light
great thread. thx for sharing
tea_is_back is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2015, 02:49 PM #28
joe2

The unknown sativa was kinda a bust, must have been too dry when I wrapped it, the other mexiairline cob is drying, the first mexiairline was darker but maybe not fermented enough because not much scent or flavor change. I hope the one drying is better it went a week longer. Ill try with more quantity this fall. Tangwena, your smoke stash must be epic! I got some old Skunk#1 X kerala seeds im gonna pop for the indoor cold season I got cob on my mind for that...
joe2 is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2015, 09:26 PM #29
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
Banana leaf...hmmm.

Do you think the wrapper has any bearing on the finished product?
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2015, 10:34 PM #30
Tangwena

Betterhaff the cobs in Malawi are made from 2 types of wrapper banana tree bark and maize.
The two wrappers do produce different cures, but either are good. I dont know for sure why but I prefer the maize wrapped cobs and always have.
I have bought them wrapped in thick brown paper as well, but I suspect the buds had been cured already and just wrapped in paper for sale.
The maize produces a dense hard sweet cob, the banana bark (not leaf) produces a compacted dense cob less sweet in taste but just as strong.
The wrapper depended on the area the dope was grown in and what was available there.
Tangwena

3 members found this post helpful.