Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Broad mites: ID and Organic Antidotes that work!

Thread Title Search
Broad mites: ID and Organic Antidotes that work! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2015, 08:37 PM #11
panick503

panick503 has a spectacular aura aboutpanick503 has a spectacular aura aboutpanick503 has a spectacular aura aboutpanick503 has a spectacular aura about
Any updates Father Earth? How bad was ur initial infestation?
panick503 is offline Quote

Old 05-07-2015, 08:56 PM #12
Dready_jake

Location: someone's in the garden with Mary someone's in the garden I know ow owow, strummin on the ol' banjo
Dready_jake is a jewel in the roughDready_jake is a jewel in the roughDready_jake is a jewel in the roughDready_jake is a jewel in the roughDready_jake is a jewel in the roughDready_jake is a jewel in the rough
Thank you for including mode of actions.

People don't understand that you can't treat with the same mode of action twice in a row or the ones resistant to one mode of action will survive. You have effectively just bred them to be more resistant to that mode. Now change it up and chances are you got them all cuz they're not used to the second mode of action.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=304718

Post pictures of your LED grown buds here!:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=306712

Here's the plant diagnis questionnaire: answer for best results in infirmary! ;D
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688
Dready_jake is offline Quote

Old 05-07-2015, 09:23 PM #13
Photosynthesis

Photosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nice
OGBIOWAR, and heat seem to be the easiest options. I was the one that tested OGBIOWAR on broads a few years back. It worked in one application. People have been using it ever since.

It is costly though.
Photosynthesis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:35 AM #14
panick503

panick503 has a spectacular aura aboutpanick503 has a spectacular aura aboutpanick503 has a spectacular aura aboutpanick503 has a spectacular aura about
Don't forget the predators man... doesn't get much easier than dumping some good microscopic bugs to go eat the bad microscopic bugs. And they work with whatever entomopathogenic fungi u choose to use

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:16 PM #15
FatherEarth

FatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to allFatherEarth is a name known to all
The PFR is a real killer of insects.
Microscope examination revealed lots of carcasses of mites attacked by fungi.
Ive seen it with OGbiowar but not to this extent.
This stuff seems to be a couple steps above OGBiowar.
The clone trays with ground zero I treated once and quarantined with intention of killing off.
Closed in a plastic container and left for three days. Upon opening and microscope exam the results were clear.
Nothing except a few newly hatched bms, no eggs and hella carcasses.
The actual room was a bit less effective I suppose due to humidity levels not being as high as the cloners and still have bms after only two treatments.
Populations are reduced certainly but will need further treatments to totally suppress them.
I plan on going with the PFR and another treatment Ill discuss in a bit. finally introduce 50k, swirskis at once then in two weeks introduce another 25k slow release swirski units... My infestation is probably considered on the lower end due to close observation and being aware that my soil doesnt produce these sorts of symptoms, ever.
I immediately knew something was awry instead of thinking it was a deficiency as I assume a lot of unsuspecting growers do.
I culled plants right out the gate that didnt look right then discovered they had BM's after the fact.
So I tried to eliminate the worst and most infested first since I had plenty of plants and none would mean losing a particular cultivar from the gene pool.
This IMO should be the first order in any op once the infestation is discovered. If I wasnt counting on this round of plants, Id treat them with two modes of IPM, foliar feed them trace minerals and silicate, take clones then hit them with PFR in the cloner and finally introduce swirskis into the cloner for the last blow. Im confident that would totally eliminate the problem. Ive got some pics and video to share...

BM infestation video..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h18uj9qytw...Mites.MP4?dl=0

here is a spider I found in the grow room that has been encased with pfr-97 mycelium. Never seen anything like this with OG biowar..

close ups of mycelium under the microscope

Broad Mite Eggs

signs of infestation on new growth

Panick, feel free to comment and share whatever is relevant. Its a journal but its also a forum for discussion. Thanks for being considerate.

Respectfully,

FE
FatherEarth is offline Quote

16 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:30 PM #16
Photosynthesis

Photosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nicePhotosynthesis is just really nice
That shit is impressive!!!!

Old 05-08-2015, 09:34 PM #17
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
thanks for sharing, FE, i def am interested in the pfr
your issues with the price and talc content in OGBIOWAR, i totally agree.

problem i have is that for PFR (and OGBIOWAR), is for them to be effective you must maintain high humidity for them to be effective. I'm in a super arid area, and altho i have a decent control of my grow environment, keeping the humidity that high for days on end is tough.
of course IF i had Broads or HRMs I would figure out a way, put my 2gal electric atomizer on an art-dne timer or even digital timer... I'd make the humidity thing work.

just thought it important to point out, that many of these "organic" treatments that are biological (like BTI, pfr, & ogbiowar) depend upon that high humidity to allow a beneficials to populate the phyllosphere. am i right?

thanks again father earth for starting this thread, and all your helpful posts.
on the topic of killing broads ( and hemp russets, which i have had the unfortunate pleasure of eradicating, however, wasn't aware of a broad infestation at that time or ever, knock on wood); dipropylene glycol makes essential oils water soluble for foliar spray, and agisil silica at a high enough rate kills many bugs.
Avinash.miles is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM #18
Dready_jake

Location: someone's in the garden with Mary someone's in the garden I know ow owow, strummin on the ol' banjo
Dready_jake is a jewel in the roughDready_jake is a jewel in the roughDready_jake is a jewel in the roughDready_jake is a jewel in the roughDready_jake is a jewel in the roughDready_jake is a jewel in the rough
That is crazy! The mites that survived will lay eggs that are resistant to your current treatment. Change that mode of action and they will be gone for good!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=304718

Post pictures of your LED grown buds here!:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=306712

Here's the plant diagnis questionnaire: answer for best results in infirmary! ;D
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688
Dready_jake is offline Quote

Old 05-09-2015, 02:22 AM #19
panick503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready_jake View Post
That is crazy! The mites that survived will lay eggs that are resistant to your current treatment. Change that mode of action and they will be gone for good!
I believe research is showing that mites aren't buidling resistance to these various fungi, and either way, it certainly doesn't happen in one generation...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:16 AM #20
Photosynthesis

They do not build resistance to the various fungi's people are using. That's why they are so effective if you can get your humidity up. Hard to do here though.