What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MEDMAKER420 a.K.a the Aardvark 2012 MMJ Grow Show

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
COME ONE COME ALL

FOLLOW ALONG AS I GROW A TON OF GREAT GENETICS UNDER A TON OF DIFFERENT LED GROW LIGHTS FROM VEG TO FLOWER

Here is info on my setup:

Medium Used:
Currently running 707 soil cut with hydrolite
attachment.php

Nute Schedule:
I will odds are keep it simple and go with the lucas formula using general hydroponics micro and bloom but will toss in some blackstrap molasses, kool blooms liquid and finish up with kool bloom dry.

Lights Used:
Right now I am testing LED grow lights so all of the strains that I am growing will be tested under the different led panels so there will be a TON of pictures and videos of the various strains and a ton of data for all you growers out there to enjoy.

VEG LIGHTS:

Veg Light #1
attachment.php

Veg Light #2
attachment.php

Veg Light #3
attachment.php

Veg Light #4
attachment.php

++++ videos will be posted in my youtube channel which is linked to in my signature file and all picture updates will be posted here so please follow along on both for those interested ++++​

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 37
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Strains Being Ran

Strains Being Ran

STRAINS BEING RAN
FIRST GROUP
attachment.php

Alphakronik - Jackpot Royale
Cali Connection - Blackwater
Connoisseur Genetics - Chemmy Jones
Cali Connection - Jedi Kush

SECOND GROUP
attachment.php

Field Marshall Seeds - Lady Berry Kush
Field Marshall Seeds - Kushy Haze

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
I'm here for the show, first seat ! The strains sound great, curious about the Chemmy Jones especially. Are those LED lights bought or DIY ? Best of luck with your grow.
Peace, HJ.

medmaker420

Veteran
I'm here for the show, first seat ! The strains sound great, curious about the Chemmy Jones especially. Are those LED lights bought or DIY ? Best of luck with your grow.
Peace, HJ.

These are actually concept veg lights from growblu. I am testing out different spectrums for them for both veg and flower to help them finalize which spectrums to run ie their "perfect spectrum" technology.

You can find out more about the testing etc on their site but I am more stoked about the chemmy jones as well since it has TWO of my favorite strains blended together! How can you go wrong with anything in this cross :dance013:

The next picture updates will show week one, then week two of the first group and then you will get to see me germ and start the Field Marshall Seeds strains which I am VERY EXCITED ABOUT! I am testing out the lady berry kush and kushy haze for RAD and FMS

medmaker420

Veteran
I have some gopro cameras that I will be playing with as well and getting them in some water and feedings JUST CAUSE I CAN lol.

If there is any videos or shots you guys want to see just let me know!

medmaker420

Veteran
Here are the ALREADY POSTED videos I made to catch everyone up

Here are the ALREADY POSTED videos I made to catch everyone up

Here are the setup and current videos from my current grow show videos posted on youtube. I wanted to get them posted here for my icmag family to check out
[YOUTUBEIF]U9yoDUh8E-8[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]iprfYfLluWY[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]Wyiq8SMQeC8[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]kgcuAlD38is[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]DMU4yqo3K0M[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]C5_zuMPcEUY[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]Cioix3di8XE[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]UvfkfzaOlug[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]IjHX5F0dt8w[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]0ZPsywSF_68[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]SFaZm_ybjpk[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]5NBChn_hk1c[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]llJvuLCHKgY[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]sSob6x4yonc[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]E4tW0Kun_vs[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]9wIcySKULIk[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]9i1Gu_boMUk[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]KltcB71YB9g[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]RWPeaYeFM58[/YOUTUBEIF]
[YOUTUBEIF]AnYOMI4RXzs[/YOUTUBEIF]

medmaker420

Veteran
The next video updates will show the current growth from the current 4 strains as well as the germination of Field Marshall Seeds Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze.

If you took a look at the videos posted above you will see the germination results of the first 4 strains as well as any current issues and opinions I have on the different led grow lights being tested.

I should be getting the testing equipment soon enough and will start posting PAR and chlorophyll data, watt testing and a ton of other great data for everyone to enjoy. If you have any questions about the lights, the strains or my setup feel free to post a question and I will make sure to get to it during the next video update!

I will be giving SHOUT OUTS to all my ICMAG friends and family who follow along in my thread so post up any questions, comments, suggestions or a friendly hello and get your forum name mentioned in my next video update.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
veri interesting project med's, ill be watchin sure!!!!
ps: all strain sound killer , alpha-jackpot r. sound big one ...im curious bro, cant wait!!!!!

analogue

Sounds like a lot of work. You look pretty organized though :).

Sorry if I missed it, are you quantitatively testing the harvested cannabis for CBD and THC etc.? Because that's the first thing people ask me about my cannabis grown under LED - "is it as good?"

medmaker420

Veteran
Analogue - There are a couple options especially here in Cali to test the cbd and thc among many other at home test possibilities. I want to test the UV influences on cbd as well as see the chlorophyll, par and wattage between the different led panels but not really in comparison with hps in the least. If there are other tests you think would be important BUT not cost too damn much for the equipment let me know and I will see what I can come up with.

I will have 6 different flowering sections to test 6 different flowering panels and am more focused on how they compare against each other versus other lighting types. This is along with the 4 different vegging sections to test 4 different veg panels at a time ( which I am currently doing and can be seen in the above videos and updates )

Last edited:

Mr.Bill

I just finished growing out the seed plant of the blackwater in my main flower room, great smoke, a little light on the weight, they got some color but not a lot but a good plant all the same. I'm flowering it out now in my small tent now, if you want to check out what they look like flowering check my thread in a week or two, they only two weeks into flower so they aren't looking like much atm. Anyway good start to your thread I'll keep up with what you're rockin.
~SB~

medmaker420

Veteran
Mr. Bill I have heard mixed results on the blackwater and is exactly why I am testing her out. I just love testing different things and it is next to impossible to only run a single strain or one soil etc as life is short and there is a ton of fun to be had with the trial and error part of growing.

For example, today I noticed the first signs of yellowing in vegging plants. I wanted to see how long the 707 could feed my plants without nutes in the little 4.5 square pots and it is actually right around 2 weeks.

I am putting together the video update once it is done uploading to youtube and will be up potting video put up this week as well as pics here.

As far as my water, it is tap that I let sit for 48 hours give or take with an air stone bubbling away. I will let the up potted soil feed my girls until I see the next signs of yellowing.

The 707 holds water pretty well which I think should be cut further for seed germination tests as it could end up too moist/compacting if over watered.

Each of my girls are in 2x2 area with their independent light above them.

When I go into flower I will have 6 2x3 areas and will have one or two of each strain I am running under each different spectrum flower light ( testing 3-4 different manufacturers but maybe more ) so it will be cool to see how each strain performs under the different spectrums.

I need to get a temp gun in here to measure the different lights surface and the heat put off among many other measurements. By the time this thread is done, there will be a ton of pics, videos and data for all to enjoy and hopefully some amazing buds with above average yields or so I hope.

spreading some positive growers karma to everyone

handyandy

Harbor Freight Has temp guns cheap. They have all kinds of usefull stuff, just have to look at what your getting up close. Some of there stuff sucks but a lot of it is good stuff for low cost.

medmaker420

Veteran
handyandy totally agree on harbor freight some stuff is great for the price and others are eH' at best.

You just missed the "shout out" list for the video I am uploading at the moment BUT you will be in the next video in the shout out section as will anyone who participates in my grow diary whether with a comment, rep, suggestion, idea or anything.

medmaker420

Veteran
WEEK TWO VEG UPDATES

WEEK TWO VEG UPDATES

Here is the week 2 veg update video

[YOUTUBEIF]FH6p0FN05BM[/YOUTUBEIF]

ICMAG Shout Outs Mentioned In This Video
Husky Jackal
vukman
Socrates
Aotf
killerweed31
analogue
Mr.Bill
Plant Early
radvancan

VEG Week Two Updates
I will be up potting them as you can see in the video there is some bottom up yellowing on some of the more thirsty girls ( hopefully girls but I know I will have some males in the bunch which I will use for future breeding projects ) so the next time you see these plants they will be in their new homes and get a drink or two of some food ( still deciding which nutes to run but LESS is more ) but might just do some super soil with the some water / molasses tea instead. Decisions decisions LOL

medmaker420

Veteran
Jut fed them all

decided on the lucas formula for this run
simple and works especially for testing the leds first

next runs will be testing multiple super soil mix ratios to see which performs best for my garden and to see how the leds do with organic compared to bottle fed.