What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pushing Limits- #1 The medical SOG(ish) Room

pushlimits

Sigh, well ladies and gentleman the fun part (for me) is over. You have all seen how this garden operates, and I hope you have enjoyed it this far.

Now, join me in watching this labor of love produce fruits.

I am very happy my fellow ICer's are here to join me in this journey. I appreciate all the positive feedback I have received thus far and enjoy it more then you would ever believe.

Rain or Shine I will update the growth in this garden frequently (but not too much). Starting with the first day of 12/12.

Until then, Let's gain knowledge by helping each other achieve our goals, no matter how benign. Isn't that one of the reasons you're on IC? let's Push the Limits. ;)

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fuck man i think you have a pretty pimp operation going
clean and pretty straight forward
and about the same size of operation im gonna have once i complete my relocation...
i am totally jealous. ASSHOLE hahaha

do you always just plant the little ones in the big pots right off the bat?

pushlimits

Cheeb it's an honor to see you here. you are a influence to me and all experimenting growers everywhere.

Greyskull- good question (I like your sig by the way) It looks like they are put in there immediately upon rooting. but the fact is they are not. I took this picture of my little veg set up for you (which only cost about 75$- I already had the light) the plants go to these little 4" containers after rooting, there they sit it out until they are needed in the flowering room. The trick is to let root mass get extremely dense first (remaining roots grow happily into the dark, humid, nutrient filled tray below) then when I need them they are put into the 3 gallon pots. the dense root system allows them to go in the big containers with little danger of over watering, damping off ect. Very good question, I'm glad you brought that up- you can keep them in homeostasis for much longer then one would think. here is a pic of the mother cab, clone cab and pre-veg table. (mother cab is usually filled, but a fungus outbreak while I was out of town changed that!)

picture.php

picture.php

pushlimits

Thank you all very much.

Please, questions are welcome here. I'm happy to assist any and all queries you might have.

The real honor comes in the form of assisting other growers and don't forget the feeling is completely mutual!

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the special pic just for me hehehe
since you run a pretty tight ship (spacing between plants/pots-wise) how big/tall do you like to usually let your plants get before you put them into the flower room and flip them?
do you incorporate any training (pinching/pruning/bending) into your program?

supermanlives

Veteran
looks very nice. why did you cheap out on the timer. it looks like some i have had that failed. everything else looks great

pushlimits

Thank you everyone I hope you all enjoy!

Grayskull- I have done many grow techniques in my time, and I'm really not partial to any in particular, they all work very well for there respective needs. There are too many variables to answer with certainty (if you remember every grow I try to change as many variables as I can without sacrificing yield) so I will explain what I do in these grows in particular, with this lemon skunk strain. I call this method -"the crammed, 3 gallon SOG(ish) grow method"

Lemon skunk loves to stretch, and this specific pheno also likes to create long lateral branching. so I use these disadvantages to my advantage. My future post will explain what I'm doing in much better detail but let me give you an idea. I will top (maybe not sure yet) take the best 3-6 branches, and get rid of the rest. and through many means (topping, weights, etc. anything but a screen) I will create a even dense canopy with the best branches on top. so basically I get the best branches each plant has to offer up to the canopy (by different means) and get rid of the rest. Not all branches are created equal and they differ greatly from plant to plant. you will see more later. Again, very good question. when all is said and done it (usually) looks just like a regular SOG grow. Lastly because I'm using 600's and not my usual 1000's I keep them as short as possible- if that helps at all.

Supermanlives- I assure you, the timer is 100% temporary. you should read Chapter #3- my electrical section for more details, I explained it there. look at the picture inside the panel- you see the dial to the left, this is a timer. This is a industrial grade controls timer, and it is the furthest thing from cheap. I just need a few more parts to complete it. thank you for your input. hope you enjoy.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
makes sense to me....
wasn't sure if youd worked with the plant/s you had before
some how this missed my eyes...

These plants are Lemon Skunk, a delicious strain, but a poor yeilder, sacrifice right? I cut them from there mother about 20 days ago (give or take.) I like to force this strain relatively early, because it likes to Stretch! and I'm using 600's and not 1000's this cycle. So less penetration I hear (and see.) keep 'em short.
whatever it takes to get that nice full even canopy is the way to do it.
nothing like going into a flower room and finding a giant hedge of buds

pushlimits

Greyskull it's no problem bud, your question was with the best of intentions ;) let me know if you have more! you always have very good ones!

Yes dank-Buddha it is custom foot pedal! I actually snagged this from a job site (The entire system was going to India, and the components were getting thrown out, so I didn't exactly steal it) But you can get these foot pedals at ANY industrial/electrical supply store for about 15-50$ depending on quality. If you know were there is a Grainger- you can get ANYTHING there

It is a N.O. (normaly open) momentary single-pole foot switch. I ran two pieces of 14-3 SJO cable into the switch, and put a male cord end on one cable and a female cord end on the other. The male cord end plugs into the receptical, the female into the pump, that sits in my rez. Therefor power is only given to the pump if the pedal is pressed. If you don't get it I'll post a pic, but I'm whipped right now. maybe later.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
super clean setup...you got some serious engineering skills. im in serious need of an electrical setup like that. so watering soil with FF nutes and getting LOTS of runoff is actually doing pretty good?? i wonder if i shold try that, because ive been doing the 10% runoff for a while.

pushlimits

Well, Yes4prop215.... Watering with fox Farm to [(I]at least)[/i] a 10% runoff, does work. But by no means would I recommend it. Fox Farm just..... lacks something. I recently switched to a whole new line-up with the assistance of IC members. It's Botanicare's CNS-17, can't say much about it yet, but Damn it's cheap! 70$ for three gallons! If it works well, I'm sold!

If you need help with your electrical system let me know, I have a lot of experience with automation systems.

Thanks everyone. Remember to tune back- I will be posting growth updates and (my personal favorite) construction updates- very soon!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea let us know how the CNS17 works...i am very satisfied with foxfarms, i was originally using GH series in hydro/coco, and switched to FFOF soil with FF nutes. i add a little something in flower with Bloombastic or ChaChing and i have been happy so far with results, lots of "shine" on the nugs real frosty.