What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pushing Limits- #1 The medical SOG(ish) Room

pushlimits

Harvest Preview

Harvest Preview

This is the last time I will post these plants alive. It has been exactly 8 weeks to the day. Tonight I shut off the timer, the plants will sit in darkness until I get home from work tomorrow. Then it's chop, chop for these girls. They've had a good life if I must say so myself.

Trichome watch: As of today, the trichomes are about 80% cloudy, and 19% amber, with a few clear heads dotting the landscape here and there. Should make for good smoke, when all is said and done.

Yield expectations: hard to say what I'll end up with, but from past experience with this strain, I'll probably up with 20-30 zips. I should get about an ounce per plant -give or take- with a total of 24 plants. But, if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's to expect the unexpected: good or bad, is luck of the draw. I'll post exact numbers (depending on drying environment) in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Last picture is the crude ebb and flow tray that I threw together today. I panicked, because I realized the clones for my next run have become extremely root bound, and their health would quickly deteriorate if I didn't act fast. All and all I think it worked out well.

Here's a picture of chunks everywhere: looks tasty, no?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

fred b

man! that's looking very very delicious pushlimits! :good:
gonna be a nice yield I am sure!

and the next lil ladies are already prepared as well in a nifty ebb/flood system, nice nice ;)

one short question: do you cut off samples which you then check for trichome status or do you somehow check the trichomes on the living plant ;) ? tbh I find the latter pretty difficult, as I only got a cheap USB microscope, which is very hard to focus on moving things.

greets
fred b

pushlimits

Thanks guys!

I check the trichomes on the plant, never found any need to remove anything. I use a 30x jewlers loupe: It's very small, little bigger then a dime in diameter, but it's about a half inch thick- it's a nice, heavy, chunk of glass: It weights like 100 grams!!! I had one of those cheap light up microscopes, but I didn't like it- jewlers loupe is much more versitile and you get a better image if you're good with it. Very expensive though: ran me about 85$. No need for batteries. Just practice with your distance, futher away, the bigger the image- It's like a magnifiying glass on steriods.

pushlimits

Harvest Update

Harvest Update

Got home and chopped these bad girls down. A patient and I have just spent 5 hours trimming and doing prep work, and I'm still not even a quarter of the way done. I threw in the towel a couple hours ago.

I dry my plants on coat hangers. This makes a much better use of space, compared to just one string that I used to use. If you cut a chunk of the main stem along with your branch it makes a nice little hanger. I'll show a picture.

I filled 38 coat hangers!.... whoa, I wasn't expecting that. The entire 24 foot florescent fixture hanging in my basement has been completely occupied.

I like to dry very slowly. if it takes less then 10 days to dry; I'm not happy. To help slow the process, I keep the buds on their main stems up until the day they go into the jars.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Just read this thread back to front as I'm batting around ideas for the floorplan of my next room. This is one of the best rooms I've seen on here given the space used.

Great pics, excellent grow tips given by an excellent grower, nice finish. Push, you may not consider yourself a green thumb, but you got skills like a mofo, lol. Those colas look excellent and the grow room is pro all the way. Congrats on the harvest!

HB.

pushlimits

Thanks HB. I go to great lengths to make good use of my space, and I appreciate the complement.

All is well I hope? Time for me to turn in this thread. Final post with the numbers

Last edited:

pushlimits

Final Numbers

Final Numbers

Dried, packaged, and ready to rock. Even without a cure, it still taste very good. The high is soaring and uppity, no couch lock what so ever. I'm more excited to see what it will be like after it's done curing. Enough gab, here's the numbers:

Total harvest weight
: 937 Grams, 33.5 ounces. Just a hair over 2 Lbs. Little more then I expected, (not bad for 1200w in soil)

I'm no High times photographer, but here's my attempt
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace and Good Karma everyone. And remember: Fuck boundaries, let's push the limits. ;)