What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Between Sun and Moon HPS/LED comparison grow.

hazy

Veteran
I know it's only been a few days since I flipped them, but I thought I'd throw in an early update anyway. The diesel is stretching, everything looks great.

Both sides are showing equal growth so far. The SS on the hps side had an advantage going in. I think it was a tad bigger than the other. I also think the c4 on the led side had the size advantage going in. Hard to tell with the diesels. Pretty close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HPS on the left/LED on the right
The two sour diesels.

The two sugar shacks.

The two chem4s.

New entries c99 and ss.*

hps side and led side

Both sides. Weird how the hps side came out green.

*C99 in the hps side and another small SS in the led side. These have no equal counterpart so are not officially part of the comparison. A GAK will join the LED side just as soon as I get roots on some clones.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Pulling up a chair before there's no room left, can't wait to see what cranks out on both sides, Good Luck with it all hazy.
Peace.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Count me in, Your show's already on the road, Mine isnt even out the driveway lol...

Looks good man, I'll be watching.

Turtle Lord

I'm glad to see some experienced growers running serious tests on these LEDs.

I would especially appreciate if you would comment on what you feel about the footprint/coverage of the lamp once you're finished up.

Keep up the good work.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yay! - go hazy!

great plant choices - they look vegged up just the same as each other!

is it me or do the LED plants look slightly bigger in your first update??

V.

nuggetshiner

Know what burns my ass? Flames bout 3 ft high.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey! Where am I? The color of the light looks weird in here. Is this the Disco Garden
Thread?

K

Kal-El

Hi Hazy. Glad to see someone I know can grow doing a side by side.
Is the amount of light equally comparable between the amounts of wattages used?

hazy

Veteran
I love seeing and reading all the responses. Thanks so much.

VG says he thinks the LED side looks bigger in the last update. I think the diesel looks that way in the pic, but that's just the angle and camera distance. I might drag them out of the closet for my next pics so we can see more clearly the sizes.

Like I said in my last post, the Sugar Shack on the HPS side was bigger and the Chem4 was bigger on the LED side when they first went under these lights. The Sour Diesel was pretty even, though one was stretchier than the other while in veg. I split them up the best I could.

Both sides are looking fantabulous. I'll get up some more pics just as soon as they get their pom-poms.

^^the lights are so different looking it's really hard to tell what puts out 'more' light. If they turn out to yield comparable, the one with 200 less watts might rule.
[/SIZE]

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmmh you got the led virus too....this is damn intresting....hiya btw hazy...beena while...nway i'm in for this :wave: