Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Dinafem Strawberry Amnesia wilting

Thread Title Search
Dinafem Strawberry Amnesia wilting Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2018, 08:18 PM #1
Talizora

Talizora is on a distinguished road
Dinafem Strawberry Amnesia wilting

Afternoon guys

I started a Dinafem strawberry amnesia in coco coir and she was growing very well with extremely light feeding.She is only about 7 days old.
Plant was growing well when 2 days ago i went to check up on my plants and this little girl just randomly wilted one me. I thought it was too much moisture but im feeding my seedlings the exact same amount and they're managing just fine and look great.

The thing to note is how the stem above the cotyledons is wilted but the main stem where the cotyledons are attached looks nice and healthy. To be safe a friend recommended i transplant her out of the coco and into some basic seedling potting soil which is what i've done. I stuck in a plastic screwdriver to get her a place
to rest. Does anyone have any idea?

I though this was damping off but the main stem is nice and sturdy so im unsure what the cause may be.

thanks

Coco Coir when she was healthy

This is her now.

Talizora is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2018, 09:05 PM #2
Defacto

Defacto has a spectacular aura aboutDefacto has a spectacular aura aboutDefacto has a spectacular aura aboutDefacto has a spectacular aura about
That is weird looking
Defacto is online now Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 07:41 AM #3
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps, over watered? Wilting from drowning?
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiod in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus at down to earth prices. Now 12.50 years running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 01:35 PM #4
Talizora

I thought so also, but supposedly you can't over water plants in coco coir?

Regardless she's still the same in potting soil at the moment. No yellowing.

Letting the medium dry out for a few days to see if she responds

Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 PM #5
Talizora

nirala poems

Old 10-19-2018, 07:37 PM #6
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Needs transplanting and closer to light.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiod in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus at down to earth prices. Now 12.50 years running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:16 PM #7
LungCooking

LungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really nice
too much love
LungCooking is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 08:27 PM #8
Talizora

I replanted her, lets hope she bounces back.

I did very gently wash the soil then applied a little bit of hydrogen peroxide

Old 10-22-2018, 12:46 PM #9
Creeperpark

Creeperpark will become famous soon enoughCreeperpark will become famous soon enough
Red face too wet

When those seeds pop, and I see green, then I let the soil dry out in between watering's. That will stimulate roots to grow in search of water. By the looks of your tap root on that plant, the soil was kept too wet. In organic soil, I let 7 to 10 days pass in between watering s. I'm talking the first few weeks of growth in the cool season. You can pick up your watering schedule after the roots develop more.
Creeperpark is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2018, 10:55 AM #10
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talizora View Post
Afternoon guys

I started a Dinafem strawberry amnesia in coco coir and she was growing very well with extremely light feeding.She is only about 7 days old.
Plant was growing well when 2 days ago i went to check up on my plants and this little girl just randomly wilted one me. I thought it was too much moisture but im feeding my seedlings the exact same amount and they're managing just fine and look great.

The thing to note is how the stem above the cotyledons is wilted but the main stem where the cotyledons are attached looks nice and healthy. To be safe a friend recommended i transplant her out of the coco and into some basic seedling potting soil which is what i've done. I stuck in a plastic screwdriver to get her a place
to rest. Does anyone have any idea?

I though this was damping off but the main stem is nice and sturdy so im unsure what the cause may be.

thanks

Coco Coir when she was healthy
View Image

This is her now.

View Image

View Image

View Image
When wilting like that happens suddenly, it is almost always damping off fungus, which means there is too much humidity, and even lack air movement.

What small plants like that need, is to build a strong root system and stem - that's P/K. And letting the soil dry out short of wilting.

Also, what was the watering schedule under coco?

People often say don't treat coco like soil, however I let it dry out regularly, and it leads to fantastic root growth.
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote