What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Led power consumption

S

SmokingYoda

I'm just getting back into growing indoors and have been gifted two 600watt led lights. Brand unknown. LEDs appear to be epistar 3w bulbs. Should I have these going through an invertor? Well my power bill shoot through the roof? I've never ran these lights before. Any info one the monthly cost and what they might draw or if I should get a power inverter?

Koondense

Veteran
Check the spec sticker on the back, should say what's their consumption.
Usually if a led light is declared @600W it draws only 180-240W, those 3W epistars consume around 1W each.
A picture would help.

Cheers

S

SmokingYoda

There are no markings. These were gifted to me. One was used for vegging and the other is brand new. One might be a mars hydro led as the casing looks very similar. The other I am un sure as both have zero markings or # stamps of any kind. All that I know is they are full spectrum 600 watts each with a draw of 200 to 250 give or take.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Ok that yould be good for a 2x4 tent i guess, maybe 3x3 tops.
One will feed a 3x3 tent no problem. 2 OTOH comfortably a 2x4 but can easily cover a 3x6.

@OP they plug directly into the wall and no it wont send your power bill through the roof. My total set up (everything) power bill increase was/is $15/m

Latest posts

Latest posts