What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HomemadePerpetualSOGcab....

mAKo BuDz

Hey Blackfoot, Any ideas how i can buy then ship those lights to Australia? i sent e-econolight an email and they dont ship here (DAMMIT), looked on ebay and no go.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
temptedsoul, do you mind posting a pic of the fiberglass you used or the exact name. I called Bondo and they said that it wouldnt be a good idea, but you have the proof.

Thanks man, props on your cab Im sure you have help alot of growers with their res issues. RM and Sterilite containers are so restricting.

TemptedSoul

Yes I will! Soon! I have learned some things recently that apply to this. You must make sure that you are liberal with the resin, no skimping here! It can still leak eventually if the resin isnt heavy! Also, after the resin is applied, you should use sililcone at all of the seams to ensure that there are no leaks! No such thing as too much.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Nice job on the box. Fellow cab grower here. *takes a seat*

Patiently awaiting pics and details of CO2 and A/C. Have you had any harvests with the CO2 on yet? If so how do they compare to your previous?

obZen

Any updates?

A/C is totally understandable for a perpetual grow in the summer months.

But, remember, we already have the highest levels of CO2 in recorded history (aka global warming).

Keep it green and let us know how it's growin'!

TemptedSoul

Hey all! I know it has been awhile since I signed in, it has been awhile since I made any changes.
CO2 is working out well, probably 15% or so increase in output. I stopped spraying with spray n grow(laziness) and didnt really notice a difference, I ran out of koolbloom and didnt re-up, no noticible difference. I'm gonna start minidosing with phosphoload and see what happens, heard a rumor that the epa has killed phosphoload, anybody know if its true?

virago420

Wow now thats what I call a cab! Now I have even more thoughts running through my head, thanks alot! Very well design and finely tuned machine your running there bro, simply awesome! :respect: Peace -virago420

TemptedSoul

Perpetual just makes sense to me! I'm running 3 awesome strains and using hydroton and coir at the same time. It all works well. I added a/c and co2 and a small mh in the flower box. I added a filtered icemaker line and float valves in the res's and now it automatically tops off the reservoirs every other night! I dont have to visit it for quite awhile if I dont want too(but I do anyway!).
This box has kept me off the streets for almost two years now! I dont need to go buy bud anymore! Which is riskier(is that a word?) behavior? Am I safer now, or was I safer before the box? Deeply philosophical question..........:joint:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Very impressive, TS. I saw ya in the 70w hps club and thought I'd check out the thread. You've got me rethinking my next project.

mg00c

Man temptedsoul I really love this grow box. you should get some updated pics up man (of the plants, the co2, the ac, etc..) This is by far one of the most impressive grows on this website; it would be nice to see some more pictures and updates from you man!! either way you got an awesome little self reliance cab going there.

Dr 4 four

:yeahthats What he said.

I'd like to see more of your cab in action as well. Especially after you put in the AC and CO2 And wtf kinda spider was that?!? Damn thing sent chills down my spine! :yoinks:

Dang cold weather is driving them inside.

TemptedSoul

All is well! Things ae going great! Decided co2 wasnt helping noticably, so I eliminated it! Without co2, I dont need ac, so I eliminated that too. Using only coir now, works awesome! reveging alot. Got some I've reveged 4 times, more bud each time through. 3 strains going now. Working on an ak trainwreck cross, awesome. Had a leak, fixed it! Lost a pump, fixed it! the res's are auto topped off with floatvalves every other night. What else........?

Latest posts

Latest posts