What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HomemadePerpetualSOGcab....

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Connoisseur300 said:
I have no idea how to make a fiberglass res. Can anyone explain to me please??

This idea will solve alot of my problems, custom made rez to maximize space. I cant wait for a tutorial. :jump:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
That shit is hard to play with buddy.. The fibers get stuck in your skin and the resin mad messy... But if you got gloves and what not if I remember it was as easy as getting your piece of fiberglass and roll it out across the surface your covering and then paint the resin over it. Im sure theres a little more but thats the idea more less

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
OK! Enough about that....
Six inch square pots and no, not in this setup. I have seen big heavy buds come out of 20oz soda bottles.
Okey you've seen big buds but have you ended up with taller plants when using 6 inch pots? I'm wondering if I shoud use 20oz bottles instead of 6inch net pots to keep plants smaller sense these are micro grows.

The amount of veg time is closely related to pot size. The amount of usable space is the main limiting factor. I actually am wondering if smaller is better from a grams per watt standpoint after reading Doc's cfl stuff(Doing experiment).
I have learned from my little grow, small but not too small is best. You end up with solid buds.

If you mean stretch, bigger pot=more stretch.
Yes, Yes This is along the lines of what i'm asking.

Packed in tightley without enough light penetration=more stretch. Debate anyone?
No Debate on that one.

Sorry for all the questions but I think you might have a few answers for me.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
imnotcrazy said:
TemptedSoul: You seem like a man of my own heart, here's my old thread, VERY similar to your set-up, just I worked out of 2 cabs:

Kudos on the build and efficiency of your set-up

This is a tight little setup too. What ever happen?

Did any of you guys ever cool your res. or use organic nutes??

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
smoke1sun said:
This idea will solve alot of my problems, custom made rez to maximize space. I cant wait for a tutorial. :jump:

It would solve a lot of my space problems and i'd love a tutorial also.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Thundurkel said:
That shit is hard to play with buddy.. The fibers get stuck in your skin and the resin mad messy... But if you got gloves and what not if I remember it was as easy as getting your piece of fiberglass and roll it out across the surface your covering and then paint the resin over it. Im sure theres a little more but thats the idea more less
So it comes in a sigle sheet or strips?

Do you stick it the plywood?

jimbob420

with fiberglass I am pretty sure you have to basically build a mold and then brush the fiberglass mixture on the mold and it will solidify, remove the mold and u are left with ur fiberglass thingy...this is all from memory of my brother and it had nothing to do with pot so the methods may differ

TemptedSoul

I actually just coated the plywood box with fiberglass resin only! No glass matt or sheating! Used a bondo spreader and a throw away paintbrush. The resin is available at home depot, lowes, hardware stores, boat supply stores, and even auto part stores! Next time I will probably use gelcoat(white pigmented resin).
I'll update soon! Keep the advice comin! Oh yeah, root development is an issue. Not that its bad now, I can see how these suckers take off when the roots are well developed. I feel like my clones take a bit longer than they should to take hold and start growing vigorously(sp?).

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
So how does your ebb and flow fittings fit? You don't have leaks? Is their some kind of trick or do you just let it dry then drill a hole??

Last edited:

TemptedSoul

I used 3/4 pvc fittings. I epoxied(is that a word?) a 3/4x3/4 coupler into the table before I glassed it. Actually, two. One for the drain and one for the intake. it is a "slip" style coupler so a 3/4 pvc pipe slips right into it. 5 inch piece of pipe slipped into the coupler sets the depth of the nutrient solution in the table. "slip"bushing with threaded hose barb into the other side of the other coupling supplies the table with nutrient solution. When the pump shuts off, it drains the table back through the pump.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
TemptedSoul said:

I used 3/4 pvc fittings. I epoxied(is that a word?) a 3/4x3/4 coupler into the table before I glassed it. Actually, two. One for the drain and one for the intake. it is a "slip" style coupler so a 3/4 pvc pipe slips right into it. 5 inch piece of pipe slipped into the coupler sets the depth of the nutrient solution in the table. "slip"bushing with threaded hose barb into the other side of the other coupling supplies the table with nutrient solution. When the pump shuts off, it drains the table back through the pump.

Oh, ok. It's just pvc parts. good idea. You've seen no leaks at all with it?

TemptedSoul

154968-6-08_004.jpg

This one has two weeks left. Looks like it might be ready ahead of schedule. Thing is trying to tip the pot over!

obZen

I love you.

Have you tried any in 20oz Bottles? They seem to work great for me and everyone else I've talked to.
I've also used the 32oz (I think?) bottles that are the same width but taller - for plants that needed a little bit more "foot" room.

Anyway, looking good and keep on growin!

tngreen

Veteran
great looking plant TemptedSoutl! nice nuggage for sure. now go buy some coco and watch them explode even more!!

Latest posts

Latest posts