What's new

Grapefruit smoke report

G

What a strain! I grew this from seed and flowered for 9 weeks. I hung them up for drying for a week and they have been in jars two weeks and I couldn't stand it, I had to sample them. The smell isn't quite there yet, still has a hint of grass, but overall smells more like canelope (SP?) than anything. When you squeeze the buds they are decently dense but spongy at the same time. They produce an intense citrus smell when squeezed. I think with a longer cure this will be the resulting smell, so I put away 1 1/2 oz's to cure. I wont touch those babies until I finish with the big jar, ~3 ozs, so this should bring out all potential smells, flavors, and potency. For only being curing under 2 weeks, it is doing very well. Now onto the high; it is intense and comes quick. First inhalation is sweet and thick, very smooth going down. By the time you're going in for your next hit, it feels as if your eyes are swelling. The high comes on mainly in your head. By the third hit your body begins to catch up but no sort of couch lock. It actually does quite the opposite, it makes me want to get up and do something, mainly because I makes my extremities go numb, but also your mind will be racing at this point. I do not reccomend more than a joint if you are to be driving as it has VERY strong visual effects. The main wow effect of this bud is how bad your vision and hearing is empaired/enhanced, respectively. It is almost like walking through a picture when out side, but watch out for night time driving as it can bring on a bad case of sunburst around the street lights. The high last decently long for not being fully cured, about an hour and half. As I said the taste is soft at this juncture, but I believe that in another two weeks or so this big jar will be tasting nice, I can't even imagine what the stash jar will taste like! Overall I give Grapefruit an 8 out of 10. Very easy to grow, trains very well, produces a very generous amount, and is quite potent. I have never had an actual Sativa dominant plant, so this was a pleasure. Also if you take the time to save your trimmings and make some ISO or Dry Sieve, it will be VERY worth your efforts. I had about an OZ of trim and came out with 2 1/2 grams of ISO which is a decent amount considering the size of the leaves that were in my trim. The hash is definatly NOT reccomended for driving, very visual and very fast! Hope you enjoy the report and a definate reccomendation if you're torn for an indoor sativa. Here are some pics of her before she got cut, during the trim, and final dry. CHeers

Moneyshot

Socrates

Wow, looks great, thanks for the wonderful report. I've been intrigued by this strain and one of its parents, C99, for a while, as I tend to enjoy more heady "up" highs but have limited space and time usually. A flowering time of 9 weeks is not too bad for a sativa-dominant plant, and the high sounds very nice; do you find it to be paranoid or racy at all? For instance, I love Kali Mist, it has a very distinct creative up high, but sometimes if I smoke too much of it I'll find myself in a bad place for a bit, rather anxious and paranoid. Also, if you don't mind my asking so many questions, where did you get the seeds from, how did you determine when to chop (what % of the trichs had turned), and how long did you veg for? Thanks so much again for the info, hope you're enjoying her!

T

trem0lo

Great report! It's funny, I just finished a bowl of sour diesel and your report totally describes the diesel high. It's got a real crazy sativa edge to it blunted by a body-numbing indica. Also, I don't find it makes me paranoid at all--very relaxing and crazy at the same time.

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
great report!:yes:

couldn't have wrote it better myself! great props to you buddy! i grew some femaleseeds grapefruit at the begining of the year and i miss it so much! your pics look verry much alike mine....... maybe same pheno? congrats! enjoy the smoke!

i'll throw some pics up for comparisson....

peace!

mm

Last edited:
G

Socrates: I got these seeds from Female seeds. When i cut her down she had gone a full 9 weeks and she had all cloudy trichs with only two or three, in a given area, were amber or close to it. I vegged for close to a month due to the extensive training that I did, although I need to tie my branches down a little bit tighter so she doesnt stretch as much next go around. This pot is like Sour Deez as Trem0lo just described and like Sour Deez i believe there is a threshold at which things can get a bit testy. I noticed with both strains that after two consecutive joints, with a friend or two, is just the right amount as far as my threshold goes. I hope that helps you out. And yes I am enjoying her even though the taste isnt there, the potency is and will continue to get better. Thanks for stopping by you guys, cheers.

Moneyshot

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
Very nice report Money, love your descriptions. I also love the frostiness of the buds. good job growing them also. Pls come back in a week or two and tell us how well they turned out cured. Thanks for the report.

razer

I got to smoke this about a month or so ago and I fell in love with this strain heh this will also be my first grow wicked report thanks, you just made it a def plant to have

Enjoy all that she has to offer

Smoke-on :joint:

G

hell yeah! fellow female seeds grapefruiter!
mine will be done in about 4 weeks, gonna cut it down with teh Northern Lights
should be a good harvest

southpaw

Grew this last summer and never got around to posting a full report (hmm, I wonder why lol). I agree with the above descriptions. This isn't "one hit" bud, but it has creeper potential, so take it easy at first. I soloed a fat blunt of Grapefruit after a short cure, and I haven't smoked that much again. Major paranoia, major visual impairment, a fat headache, and an obvious "ceiling" to the high.

If you ease into it though, this bud can be seriously thought provoking, but good luck remembering what you were thinking. Grab a tape recorder or some pencil and paper, and grab some of those ideas before they float away.

One last thing, a few people will say this is a low odor strain, and in the sense that it doesn't smell like rotting skunk, old shoes, or warm baby diapers, they are right. I grew Grapefruit in a closet, and they were low-key in veg, but by the fifth week of flowering the room and adjoining hallway smelled like a field full of a million glorious dank-ass wildflowers laced with cinnamon and fresh fruit. Those of us who know better wish they made air freshener with this smell, but don't expect to hide it from nosy roomates, spouses, etc.

Overall a teriffic strain, I'd say 8/10. If the high were clearer and less confusing it would be a 9, easily.

oh, im definately gonna giv the grapefruit a shot next grow for sure. Im working with their
cinnamon at the moment (female seeds .co) and they hav the most fruitiest weird
smell...cant wait!

love ur report

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts