What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First NFT

Snypie

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am going to start a new diary.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Setup:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 100x100x180 (in centimeters, ~3.5x3.5x5 in foots) Mars Hydro tent
- 90x90 (in centimeters, 3x3 in foots) 70 liters (~18 gallons) Nutriculture NFT System
- I will cool the res with a Haliea HC-100A chiller. I will set the chiller at 19 Celsius degree (~66 in Fahrenheit) so the temperature will be in the 19-20 Celsius degree range always.
- I have a humidifier and a dehumidifier also. I will take care of the correct VPD.
- For veg i have a 250W 4200K CMH bulb, for flowering a 400W 3000K CMH bulb, but i would like to buy a 375W LED strip kit
- I have a Hydrofarm Radiant air cooled reflector and an oscillating fan under this. And of course an exhaust fan currently without an active carbon filter. I have 2 passive intake hole.
- For the chiller i have a Maxijet 1000 pump.
- I have a Hailea 3500 liter/hour air pump. I will attach 6 stone to it.

- I will be using RO water.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - The nutes will be GHE flora (grow-micro-bloom) for soft water. (I have some CalMag if it will be necessary). + some H2O2
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Strains:
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 feminized Skunk CBD[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Snypie

Day 5.

They were rooted in rapid rooters and were fed with just RO water. They are under 3 23W CFLs. Today i will give them a very weak nutes. On the bottles there is a schedule for "first roots". I will measure the EC but no higher than 0.2 EC.

Today evening i will prepare the rockwool blocks also. I will soak them in plain water than a weak nute solution (around 0.4 EC). Sounds good? :)

Last edited:

Snypie

Thank you :) My water source is RO water because my tap water EC is now 0.67... (In summer it is over 1.0) The nute is GHE flora (micro + grow + bloom) for soft water.
Why would you skip the nutes personally? It is too early?

It's time to transplant the rapid rooter cubes to the rockwool. Yesterday i soaked the cubes in PH-d water. Do you would skip the soaking with nutrient solution also?

Yesterday i fed them with a weak nute solution. On the back of the GHE bottle there is a "chart" for "first roots". It is 2.5 ml/10 litre. It gave me an EC of 0.35. Today morning there was no burn, they were happy. But i you say it is not necessary i will give them just RO water.

Last edited:

Snypie

I need some help watering the 4" RW cubes.
So 5 days ago i transferred the root riot cubes to the larger RW cubes. The cubes were soaked in a PH'd water. The grodan tips says i need to water them when the cubes lost their soaked weight to 50%. So a soaked cube is 500 gramm. Now after 5 days the cubes are ~350 gramms. The grodan says water to 10-20% runoff. But in this case i will watering about once a week...
On forums i can read that you must keep the cubes moist not wet. But how can i achieve it? if i follow the runoff strategy the cubes will be over saturated. In this case i should water without runoff now and when the plant are bigger i should increase the volume of the water?

So please help me out :)

R

Rab.C

just water them till bit of run off.also sit your cube off the ground on a wire grill so air is underneth the cube.this will work like air prunning and roots will be good before they go into the system.

R

Rab.C

there is a thread here called -NFT MULTI DUCT GROWING By Azad you should have a look
there for info his roots in rockwool cubes is excellent

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]