What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro Tent Grow - 40cm x 40cm 100w LED (CXB3590) Unknown Strain

El Tigre

Healthy roots = happy plant, canopy is really excellent! Really I can't wait to see the end of this run. Maybe i'm giving a try with cocco and blumats. Happy growing!

Brother Nature

Day 11 - It's a jungle in here

Day 11 - It's a jungle in here

Just started day 11. Stretch has been pretty significant, but the inter-nodes still seem to be close enough. Hopefully she doesn't shoot up too much more as space is getting tight. Seems to be showing a lot more sativa like traits in flower, not that that is a problem. :D

It's got kind of a musky, chocolaty smell to it, with a faint bit of skunkiness as well.

Tent Shot - LED is about 20cm above canopy:

picture.php

Some pistils:
picture.php

Canopy Shot (light's a bit shit, sorry):
picture.php

Top shot:
picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
That 100 watt light sure is doing the job. I'm really interested in LEDs, seems like the quality on them has improved a lot in the past few years. Looks like a great match for that little tent :good:

R

Rab.C

Great looking plant like your setup.

hey justsometomatoes i will be starting orange grove seeds soon.
i will pm you when i am at 50 posts

Brother Nature

That 100 watt light sure is doing the job. I'm really interested in LEDs, seems like the quality on them has improved a lot in the past few years. Looks like a great match for that little tent :good:

Yeah I'm quite impressed with it really. The reduction in heat is amazing for a passively cooled light. I can't wait till the buds start stacking on and I can really see how powerful it is. I'm contemplating removing the glass lens from it as I think it's used to spread the light and with the stretch I think I'll need a bit more penetration, hehe ;).

JustSumTomatoes

Do you think the light you're using would be sufficient for a 2x2 foot tent? 100 watts might not be enough for what I'd like to do. I like that the light you use is passive. Seems like most LEDs setups have fans built into them. Just another thing that could break leaving the light useless.

Brother Nature

More is always better right? :D My floor space is roughly 1.75 sqft, about half of what you'll have, so I'd go for 200w in your space if you can afford it. With more than one COB I'd probably try to integrate a fan or two as well, but with adequate ventilation you could likely get away with passive cooling. We'll see how things go when the budding really takes off.

I've always wondered about the drivers for LED's as well, as my light only pulls 54-55w though is stated as a 100w output. I wonder if that's like how my bikes manufacturer says it produced 95 hp, but in reality you only get about 75 at the rear wheel due to the exhaust system, fueling map, etc... the 95 number is just what the engine itself produces. Just wondering aloud, if anyone knows the answer i'd greatly appreciate it.

R

Rab.C

infact brother nature your grow is far better and same size of space too.not sure if i can get them leds you use here in the uk

Brother Nature

Thanks Rab, I actually bought the lights of Ebay. I basically looked at the top of the line LED's that were offered at the local hydro shops, found out what components they used, and ordered those components from Ebay at a huge fraction of the cost. My light ended up costing roughly $190NZD and included free shipping. The equivalent LED at the local shop would have set me back $480. $190 NZD is only about $100 for you guys and I couldn't imagine a LED would perk up the ears of the authorities as they have many other uses. I would highly recommend it based on my use so far, but we'll see how it fairs in full flowering.

R

Rab.C

Thanks Rab, I actually bought the lights of Ebay. I basically looked at the top of the line LED's that were offered at the local hydro shops, found out what components they used, and ordered those components from Ebay at a huge fraction of the cost. My light ended up costing roughly $190NZD and included free shipping. The equivalent LED at the local shop would have set me back $480. $190 NZD is only about $100 for you guys and I couldn't imagine a LED would perk up the ears of the authorities as they have many other uses. I would highly recommend it based on my use so far, but we'll see how it fairs in full flowering.

hey Brother Nature its a great price and the results you are getting
are excellent i am sure it will peform great in flower.even if it didnt its a cracking veg light.i would like 3 of them for my tent.i have subbed
for the rest of the grow.all the best. Rab.C
P.S Is that Baphomet in your pic

Brother Nature

Cheers, thanks mate. Haha, yeah it is, it's an H.R Geiger painting actually, I can't currently recall the name of it though.

JustSumTomatoes

Cheers, thanks mate. Haha, yeah it is, it's an H.R Geiger painting actually, I can't currently recall the name of it though.

I love H.R. Geiger's work. My friend use to have this huge book full of his art. Was quite fun to look through while stoned. I always found it interesting how his work managed to be sexually explicit while being low profile about it.

R

Rab.C

Alright cool i have seen his sculpture birth machine

Last edited:

Brother Nature

Yeah I'd love to see some of his work in an actual gallery. There's a great documentary out there on him called 'Dark Star H. R Geiger's World'. One of the more interesting tid-bits in it was a showing of some of his work he did while under the influence of LSD. It wasn't dark or sexual, but very ethereal and almost hopeful. A lot of people I know think his work is very dark and evil, but I find beauty in darkness, after all it is a part of all of us regardless of if we recognize it or not.

Anyways, the plants are stretching like crazy still, think I'm going to have to get a more powerful fan in the tent when I attach the carbon filter as the temps are hovering around the 30 C mark currently, probably a factor in why there's so much stretch. A new fan would increase the room by a good 40cm too as the one in there currently has to sit vertically due to it's exhaust being on the wrong side for the tent. Will do some photo updates soon, had a minor motorcycle accident over the weekend and broke my foot so been a bit slack this last week.

Brother Nature

Update day 22 - 11/13 (couple days old now)

Update day 22 - 11/13 (couple days old now)

Suppose it's time for an update, been a bit hard managing everything with a broken foot, but I was able to get some shots the other night. Quality isn't the greatest, but should still show were they're at.

Nutrients:

Canna A & B
Canna Rhizo
Canna Boost
Canna PK 13/14 (very low dose)

Cant recall the exact ml/L but EC is at 1.2, am needing to adjust the PH almost daily now and she's drinking almost the whole Res (6-7L) in 3 days now.

I've purchased a new, more powerful centrifugal fan to deal with the odor and heat removal and so far it's working much better, temps hover around 24c-26c my carbon filter is too big to fit in the tent though so I'm having to push the air through it, but there is still enough negative pressure in the tent to keep the walls sucked in while the fans on and it's closed. I also removed the lens on the LED as i need a little more light penetration down the bottom.

Tent shot - As you can see there is little penetration down near the bottom but the tops are getting good light.
picture.php

Top Shot - Day 22:
picture.php

Top - Day 22, not the best shot but shows there is resin developing at a decent rate:
picture.php

Lower Bud Shot - Day 22: (shows some of the burning that happened at week 2 :/)

picture.php

Brother Nature

Update Day 30 (11/13)

Update Day 30 (11/13)

Things are moving along well, slowly but still well. Smell is starting to change to a nice incensey skunk aroma. Buds are swelling slowly but surely, trichomes are starting to pack on in the same manner.

Haven't changed much with the feeding, aside from just bumping her down to the basic A & B without additives. Well i did add another blumat in there too, seems to be working well. EC sits at 1.1-1.2, PH sits between 5.5 - 6.0. Removing the lens has made a big difference in amount of available light, had a little burning on some of the leaves, but a rearrangement fixed that up.

As pictures speak a thousand words, here's the goods:

From the top (Day 30 11/13)
picture.php

Buds:
picture.php
picture.php

Top shot (Day 30 11/13):
picture.php

Twin Blumats:
picture.php