What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just a stoned kitty with some LEDs

stevefrench

Well things got a bit crowded and it was the end of week 8 (day 56), so I cut down the Purple Candy Kush and the Sweet Tooth #3 x C99. Of course I didn't get many pictures of that but I will post up dry pics and weights for each plant. Deep Congo x SSH still going strong and getting chunky, gonna let this one go as long as I can now that I have some room. The Big Wreck x F13 is doing great and starting to push out more pisitils. There are three Blockhead x F13 females and one male. The male and one female look a bit stretchy for my liking, but they are staying in. Since I had so many males from the last batch I started a few more Purple Candy Kush seeds (I have tons lol) to hopefully fill in the gaps.

rtoG7iO.jpg

Sweet Tooth #3 x C99

qPuw1Kl.jpg

Deep Congo x SSH

gW3NU3w.jpg

stevefrench

Been a little busy but I will try and remember everything. Dry weights are in for 2 plants and I was happily surprised! I'm terrible at trimming and my g/f offered to fix it all up after I tried lol, she does a much better job, but I had already started smoking some by that point, so the weights are just with a rough trim.

PTVO74n.jpg

Purple Candy Kush weighed in at 14.5 grams. Buds are reasonably dense and have a nice sweet kushy taste. I'll be happy to run this again! definitely going to top it next time though haha.

6P0Q785.jpg

vyT0a0R.jpg

Sweet Tooth #3 x C99 weighed in at 27.1 grams. It was a bit airy but not bad at all, and very, very sticky. It has a slightly sweet taste but not a ton of flavor. It has a nice relaxing stone, some decent smoke for the daytime.

cGlAf8V.jpg

Now the male I had in there started to stretch, badly. I super cropped it at first, not gently. I split the stem and folded it over. It didn't seem to care at all, and went straight back up the next day, so I cut the top off. I didnt really want a male that stretched so much but, it was the only one I got and I really wanted more of these seeds haha. A couple days later there was pollen everywhere. I didn't want the Deep Congo x SSH to have a bunch of premature seeds so I chopped it around day 68 I think.

hsgssZ4.jpg

Blockhead x F13

stevefrench

So there was pollen flying everywhere, and I could see my 4 females starting to form seeds, so I decided to chop the male down. I saved a bit of pollen in case I wanted to dust them again, but that should be it for now.

LRrZtFP.jpg

Big Wreck x F13

u5eEdLX.jpg

Blockhead x F13, this one is the most squat and dense of the 3.

RVbRTYG.jpg

Blockhead x F13, this is the tallest of the bunch and the closest to the light in the last pic.

EsJJNGi.jpg

Blockhead x F13, this one seems to have thin bladed leafs and a good bit of stretch, but nothing too crazy.

gSaZeDF.jpg

stevefrench

Dry weight for the Deep Congo x SSH is 31.3 grams. More than I expected! it burns nice and clean but doesn't have much flavor. It smells nice and fruity in the jar and the smell transfers to the taste a bit.

yAcUfps.jpg

Deep Congo x SSH

BvRq8F4.jpg

Sweet Tooth #3 x C99 after a little more trimming haha

stevefrench

So according to my calendar the Big Wreck x F13 is at the end of 7 weeks today, and all the Blockhead x F13 girls are at 6 weeks. They are all looking nice and frosty, and I can see a lot of seeds forming. They probably wont yield much so I will turn them all into hash after I get the seeds out. I marked the pots before they went into flowering, and as luck would have it they are numbered 1-3 shortest to tallest, and #4 was a male haha. The Big Wreck x F13 has a very intense blueberry jam smell, I'm excited to try some of the seeds that come out of it, and will probably just put it aside to smoke instead of making hash.

vrHh6zY.jpg

Big Wreck x F13

8xOjTgy.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #1

diiHHZr.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #2

vIUknuM.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #3

H5HF37E.jpg

Some Purple Candy Kush babies that just started 12/12. I have 2 more also but ran out of pots. They will get dusted with the same Blockhead x F13 pollen that I saved (if it works haha) and after these, the tent is coming down for a full clean.

Last edited:

stevefrench

Thank you, I’m very impressed with them honestly. They came from a local grower in some intentionally seeded buds. Something about Overgrow the world? :laughing: They came with some wonderful smelling Lemon Haze too that I haven’t tried yet.

I started them just to see what they were like, but it is a strain I am definitely trying to keep around. They all have a good amount of vigor, nice structure, and the roots all seem thick and healthy.. They just seem happy with almost everything I do to them, and the smoke from the one plant I chopped is delightfully sweet and pungent :tiphat:

gwc.harvey

I'm starting to fall in love with the microgrows. I believe fervently that after these types of experiences, they give you a 3x3 room and make a beautiful mess. Canada Leve

stevefrench

I hope to have at least a 3x3 space some day! This will have to do for now though haha, thank you for the kind words!

This is the start of week 9 for the Big Wreck x F13. It is putting out some very light and almost white single bladed leafs while it starts to stack up calyxes. Not sure if this is normal or not, but it seems okay. I just started to flush mid week and will probably let this one go 11 weeks. The rest of the Blockhead x F13 are a week behind and looking decent. The buds look nice and dense in all but #2, it looks very frosty though, and will probably need another week longer than the rest. The Purple Candy Kush babies are starting to grow up quickly too, they will be off the training pots soon! They all appear to be female as well.

jIA3u6N.jpg

Big Wreck x F13

VVgIYwE.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #1

TdLQfLq.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #2

rG9HDzc.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #3

No96hoc.jpg

Purple Candy Kush

stevefrench

Here they are at day 63 for the Blockhead x F13 ladies, and 70 for the Big Wreck x F13. The Purple Candy Kush are day 15 I believe. 4 definite females and one that I just cant seem to tell yet.

Q5P4avZ.jpg

Big Wreck x F13

X045LdM.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #1

DnTzCTJ.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #2

IBQArRI.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #3

fgs2pTT.jpg

Purple Candy Kush

stevefrench

Day 70 for the Blockhead x F13 ladies, coming down on day 73, with #2 going a week longer I think. Day 77 for the Big Wreck x F13 and it will probably come down in a day or two. The Purple Candy Kush are just starting week 4. I dusted a couple with the leftover Blockhead x F13 pollen I had.

GzexJVG.jpg

Big Wreck x F13

d6cPqRu.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #1

BeV2Q3P.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #2

MM4CtRy.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #3

SALZW1t.jpg

Purple Candy Kush

stevefrench

All the Blockhead ladies and the Big Wreck are down and drying today, they were mostly for seed and I'm not going to bother weighing or trimming them. These pictures are from the end of last week.

4SZL5i3.jpg

7Jf0ECu.jpg

Blockhead x F13 #2

eAL9BxE.jpg

stevefrench

Here are all the Purple Candy Kush today, around week 5 I believe. I have also started 4 Mikado Bx and 2 Chem Dawg D x F13 I started about 6 days ago.

IHGa0Yq.jpg

6BQ6rr9.jpg

5GLoVSm.jpg

stevefrench

Here are the Purple Candy Kush around day 43. They are a bit smaller than I would like, mostly because of the vegging area/pots I have. I'm going to try vegging in the tent and training the next round of plants more, and switch back to the 2gallon fabric pots.

FWvedsC.jpg

This is a plant my gf said looked "ready to fight" so it is labelled the RTF, lol. It got pollinated with the Blockhead x F13 pollen I had leftover and seems to be forming seeds.

C5N5Il5.jpg

This got fed the same as all the others, but seems to want more. I haven't given it any more because its time to flush anyways.

XYkhjFF.jpg

This plant is very interesting to me, and looks to be one of the largest yielding. I am considering revegging it

eCVzuui.jpg

2iyVkmy.jpg

This one is a frost machine and definitely the most stand out. I would like to reveg this one and the previous plant, and maybe learn to take clones if they veg again.

stevefrench

CFL of varying types but nothing else really. Mostly used the big light outdoors. I wasn’t really wanting to use a traditional hps, and wanted to try leds. I was also looking for a plug and play situation haha. Why do you ask?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I was curious if maybe you've used HPS before for a small space and could make a comparison between that and LEDs. I've always had the feeling that LEDs were probably the best option for a small space but once you went bigger, the advantages of HPS outweighed that of LEDs. I wouldn't know, I've only grown outdoors. Hope to come inside at some point.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I switched from a 400 HPS to 171w LED for $99 from home depot. The results were swift and dramatic. I got so excited I went and bought another and doubled my growing space. I will never use those energy inefficient old timey technology HPS. This unit has a large footprint as far as light distribution goes. It is bright, very bright light. This is what I have been waiting years for. Very little heat given off. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...grated-LED-Linear-High-Bay-50232161/302456569