What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Plane Crashed In 1977 Filled With 6 Tonnes Of Super Strong Pot. Here’s What Happene

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
http://mpora.com/articles/plane-full-pot-crashed-yosemite-park#OmCxkXVCwyWBU8YR.97

The crew over at Outside Magazine just posted up this clip from climbing film Valley Uprising.
It’s an amazing tale of a plane that crashed in Yosemite National Park in 1977. It was flying from Colombia and was rammed to the rafters with six tonnes of super strong weed. Unsurprisingly, it was quickly raided by local climbers who thought they’d died and gone to ganja heaven.
The film itself is about the rise of climbing culture in Yosemite National Park during the 1970s, living an alternative lifestyle on the outskirts of society, throwing wild parties and tackling some of the hardest climbs in the world.
It’s already won a number of awards. You can watch the full film on Vimeo here.

B

Baked Alaskan

Love hearing about stuff like that, thanks.

When I was in grade school a plane went down near my home town with 2 tons. The cops got it and burned it at the dump, I remember seeing the smoke during recess. Nothing cool happened like the climbers, just a couple guys getting busted and a bunch of hicks burning bales of weed.

redlaser

Veteran
cool story, I wonder if it was all fuel soaked, maybe some was worse than others. If it was all fueled, wow, don't know how they could smoke it at all. A friend once had a trash bag of compressed brown weed that had gotten diesel fuel on it either from where the cops burn it or from how it was shipped not sure. smell makes it unsmokeable, overwhelming so.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
sounds like a good time...my friends in florida would find bales all the time...as much as I looked I never found any square groupers....yeehaw

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool story, I wonder if it was all fuel soaked, maybe some was worse than others. If it was all fueled, wow, don't know how they could smoke it at all. A friend once had a trash bag of compressed brown weed that had gotten diesel fuel on it either from where the cops burn it or from how it was shipped not sure. smell makes it unsmokeable, overwhelming so.

I bet there's a way to extract the hash oil and separate it from the diesel fuel. That would be my plan if I had a trash bag full of fuel contaminated weed.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
There was a time here when sealed 5 gallon buckets of coke were washing ashore.
Rumor is that is how a couple of the "well to do" locals started their real estate businesses.

Cashew

Awesome i use to climb, 2 of my old work colleagues found a brick of cocaïne near a railway station a couple of years ago.They told me they brought it to the nearest police station i was like :eek:.Love to see the movie but 19 dollar is alot of money to stream a movie maybe later.

redlaser

Veteran
I bet there's a way to extract the hash oil and separate it from the diesel fuel. That would be my plan if I had a trash bag full of fuel contaminated weed.

It might be possible, but I wouldn't smoke it. I'm getting a headache just thinking about when I tried a few puffs. It looked okay for commercial and at first it was kind of overlooked because the odor wasn't super strong, was faint but didn't go away. It was claimed to have been taken from the dump where the cops burn weed, supposedly it's not burned well but enough fuel is put on it to deter theft. This was in Collier county, the Fort Meyers, Naples area of Florida, they burnt their share of weed in the mid eighties, probably still do.

CoCoSativas

There was a time here when sealed 5 gallon buckets of coke were washing ashore.
Rumor is that is how a couple of the "well to do" locals started their real estate businesses.

5 gals of coke be alot of money... I'd sell that shit and start a buisness too if I found one and was down on my luck. Now if I found a 5er of blow I'd probably just hang onto it for kicks to say I got a couple keys under the stairs.

Latest posts

Latest posts