What's new

Air cooled hood ?

Cashew

Hi im looking for a new air cooled reflector but there aren't many available with low shipping cost in my area.Does anybody have any experience with the MONSTER WARRIOR 150MM Hood ?

Jhhnn

Veteran
You'll probably get more responses if you include a link to the item.
http://www.theindoorgrowshop.ie/shop/monster-warrior-air-cooled-reflector-150mm/

Looks good to me. I like the glass set up, fully air tight, easy cleaning [which would mean that I would clean it more often]. Good luck. -granger

Looks like an entirely decent wide angle reflector, best used in a fairly tight reflectorized space. It doesn't do much to focus the light narrower than 180 degrees.

Cashew

Alright thanks for your opinion probably looked at 30 hoods but most where unavailable due to high shipping cost.So this wasent my 1st choice but ill take a chance.
Looks like an entirely decent wide angle reflector, best used in a fairly tight reflectorized space. It doesn't do much to focus the light narrower than 180 degrees.
Perfect plan to use it in a tent, somehow the feeling that the bulb is protected by glass gives me reassurance there isent gonna break out any fire.

Erliqin

hey guys.

for a tent, what's better, air cooled reflector or a cool tube?

its fine a cool tube or the difference with reflector is night and day?

600HPS

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
cool tube should be a last resort... I have had quite a few cool tubes and air cooled hoods..air cooled hoods are better generally...yeehaw

HUGE

Veteran
I would suggest something other than a vented hood with glass. Look into the 750 flex gavita or some sun systems LEC's if you are worried about heat. Vented hoods are heavy, require a fan and ducting, reduce your light transmission by 10%, cost more, don't allow for the use of DE style bulbs, and the general heat difference between a vented hood and unvenTed is neglegable unless you are also cooling the air in your lighttrack. Blowing hot air over the bulbs doesn't cool them much. I just replaced 3 vented 1000's with 2 epaps and I have more light and less heat, and lower power bull.

Jhhnn

Veteran
hey guys.

for a tent, what's better, air cooled reflector or a cool tube?

its fine a cool tube or the difference with reflector is night and day?

600HPS

There's probably some difference but I doubt it's detectable at the novice grower level. Cool tubes are more compact, lighter, easier to handle & hang. Both prevent some heat from entering the grow space, particularly when insulated on the back side. Either way, 600w is adequate in a 4x4 space. 1000w is near optimal afaict if considerably more difficult to cool.

the gnome

Veteran
Problem with cool tubes are cleaning the inside of the glass.

wrap a wash clothe around it and your in biz
:smoke:

l_sab2174_soft-grip-large-bottle-brush.jpg