What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making plants breath better with subsonic waves? WTF

budbasket

Was checking out a hydro supply site, don't know if I can post the name or not, but this is what they had listed under new arrivals....seems like complete bullshit pretty sure respiration/transpiration is responsible for plants "breathing".

I am not really sure how subsonic harmonic waves will help water evaporation and uptake, or any of the speeding up internal processes within the plant. Maybe like some addition of Rubisco or RuBP carboxylase somehow could do that, I just don't see sound waves increasing production by 20%. Nice guys for knocking $600 off original price, its only $1800 now......

BioWave Hydro DI-9200

Biowave is a revolutionary patent pending machine that increases plant yields by an average of 20 %. It operates by creating a subsonic harmonic wave that radiates out from the machine and makes plants breathe better. Biowave has been tested on the farm, in greenhouses, and in hydroponic growing facilities, and all tests confirm the gain in yield as well as a 55% gain in total dissolved solids. Many growers also have reported a huge reduction in insect loads. Current tests by Dr. Lynette Morgan in New Zealand have further confirmed the above results in greenhouse tomatoes. Biowave offers a three year limited manufacturer's warranty on parts and labor.
wWIJeH1HR1NjwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I've seen that advertised under a different name. My buddy is totally into it and wants to try it, but I'm not so sure. I haven't seen any real evidence of it working or explanation of how it works. The one I saw was claiming that the plants open their pores more allowing for more efficient foliar feeding when you play certain sounds. As far as I know they open and close pores in response to humidity and temp in the environment and IMO this is about as real as the brown note. Then again I'm a little fuzzy on the whole concept.

mrcreosote

Veteran
here's a little something I bookmarked because it seemed interesting...

http://originalsonicbloom.com/products.htm

A bunch of testimonials from commercial growers who would be less prone to the placebo effect. Guys who invest hundreds of thousands of dollars tend to be very critical and demanding of the products they use.
The science seems solid enough, although I'm not a certified botanist.

For $100 I'd even be tempted to experiment but having Beethoven's 5th blasting by Wifey's head at 6 am is a no fly zone.

It would make a great side by side experiment. (side by side in different areas that is).

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Yeah there's some greenhouse grows that are documenting these right now.

Its a little steep at first but I think it works and can't wait to stack some paper up and try it out. I herd everything works on a frequency. They even do frequency medicine

cyat

Veteran
It could be bunk...

But then again, who else do you know of who has a 600 foot long houseplant?

research the website it is not for our kinda plants unless you wanna make seeds from a female

I have used the music part of it and it caused alot of hermies

St. Phatty

you can get the same effect with a cheap boombox and some mozart....

it's all about moving the air and helping the plants breathe through their leaves and buds.

Speakers playing music or whatever sound promote air movement, they just do it differently than an oscillating fan.

Got to bounce air molecules off the plant so it can give up O2 and get itself some CO2.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
my plants like heavy metal....yeehaw....someone on gc or here is using one..they aint cheap either...

Cashew

I dunno sounds like a scam.I just use a magnetised stone in my tent it emits a force field that attracts the low quantities of iron in the plants.
The subtle attraction makes the plants grow considerably faster i'd say about 12 %
The stone doesent use any power.You just need to rub it once a day preferably around 7 o'clock depending on what time zone your in.
Im planning to make the stones commercially available when i get more results in.
The stones will go for 3000 to 14000 a piece depending on the size.
The price is high because they are all still in the prototype stage and the stones contain small trace amounts of plutonium and uranium.So far no cancer cases have been reported only 12 to 20 % increased yeild.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
mythbusters did the music thing
well screw you all...0 helpful ????..I don't remember the outcome
from the mythbuster episdode..but my plants love iron maiden...yeehaw...supermanlives indeed..i tend not to believe claims of 20 percent increases unless you really been fucking up somewhere....EDIT mythbusters concluded indeed heavy metal was the best ..damn I been having it going in my grows all along mainly cause I forget to shut it off...

Globule

There was an independent study done on these things and results were very positive - especially considering that tests were done on tomatoes which apparently are the most similar plant to cannabis in terms of growth response/dynamics.

If you happened to be growing a commercial cannabis crop then it would be a no-brainer if you could get similar production increases for what these things cost.

https://www.atlantishydroponics.com/itemimages/BioWaveExperiment.pdf

Sounds legit enough. New Zealanders are very trustworthy people.

Latest posts

Latest posts