What's new

Mr B's Green Trees is the bees knees

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
After i had found the soil king on youtube i was
really hooked on what Mr.Bs Green Trees can do, havent used it myself but it was paramount to my learning about cation exchange capacity in soil.

Doing a good amount of research about CEC helped me understand the high 6.5% calcium content in the green trees.

Slownickel has a good thread on CEC if your interested.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=331317

Source: verde-cal

What is most commonly overlooked when discussing soil fertility is calcium—more specifically, the form and application of calcium.

It’s true that nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium are used in greater percentages than calcium, but no other nutrient is used more by weight and volume than calcium. Calcium allows the plant to use sunlight, carbon dioxide, water, nitrogen and other minerals more efficiently and is essential in starch conversion.

In the soil calcium improves cation exchange capacity and soil structure by reducing compaction. This particularly benefits soil bacteria. Without the proper balance of calcium, soils become tight and restrict the flow of air and water, thus depleting beneficial microbes.

The benefits of calcium to the plant are numerous, primarily in root and cell wall development. Calcium enhances the strength of cell tissue for greater resistance to heat and heavy traffic stress and is the essential component (calcium pectase) for building strong cell membranes, proper cell division, cell bonding, overall plant vigor and stiffness. Stronger cell integrity makes for a stronger root system, and stronger cell membranes make for more aggressive rooting throughout the soil profile. Cell integrity is important in disease resistance, as research indicates that pathogens probe their way into a cell and inject their enzymes to weaken and eventually break the cell down. Thus, stronger cell membranes can actually slow or even stop this attack.

Latest posts

Latest posts