What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nativ Rosin Pax Era Carts

RiotActing

I work at a delivery dispensary in the Bay Area and we just got word today that these are about to hit the market. Rosin Pax Era carts... now I have been pressing Rosin for over half a year and experimented with mixing terpenes and putting them into carts. The results were mixed some were awesome, some not so much... but they always ended up separating and globbing up in various ways depending on the strain. I was told this is because all the plants waxes and lipids are still in the Rosin, which obviously makes sense. Using a solvent to remove these things kind of defeats the purpose of Rosin IMO. The reason for my post is that I would like some of the experts here to validate the reps claims that "Nativ has spent a lot of R&D coming up with a Steam Distillation process" and was told the carts have nothing added to them. Please correct me if I am wrong but if you distill rosin don't you and up with terpene stripped distillate? To me this seems like false advertising, I won't know until we get them in the shop. Anyone care to chime in? I would appreciate some knowledge. Thank you.

dybert

I work at a delivery dispensary in the Bay Area and we just got word today that these are about to hit the market. Rosin Pax Era carts... now I have been pressing Rosin for over half a year and experimented with mixing terpenes and putting them into carts. The results were mixed some were awesome, some not so much... but they always ended up separating and globbing up in various ways depending on the strain. I was told this is because all the plants waxes and lipids are still in the Rosin, which obviously makes sense. Using a solvent to remove these things kind of defeats the purpose of Rosin IMO. The reason for my post is that I would like some of the experts here to validate the reps claims that "Nativ has spent a lot of R&D coming up with a Steam Distillation process" and was told the carts have nothing added to them. Please correct me if I am wrong but if you distill rosin don't you and up with terpene stripped distillate? To me this seems like false advertising, I won't know until we get them in the shop. Anyone care to chime in? I would appreciate some knowledge. Thank you.

Steam distillation might remove terpenes but it won't distill cannabinoids. You're not going to get a distilled cannabinoid rich oil using steam distillation.

They are probably collecting terps by steam distillation and then pressing the rosin. They may distill that after but without winterization there will still be waxes present.

Latest posts

Latest posts