What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED summer test grow..

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
So far so good, reflections @ 4 weeks 12/12..

Things are going on O.K. The Buds look a little small but well formed. I had never flowered in this tent as I used it just to Veg, so I don't have anything to compare it to except more powerful HPS lamps.

Everything is still alive and looks like they will finish just fine.

I'll put up some new pics this weekend, when they should show more bulk :party:

Nice progress , can you hold a regular sized lighter next to it for comparison? It's hard to gauge the thickness of your girls , how many weeks do you have left ??? FSG.

Last edited:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I'll do that...

I'll do that...

Nice progress , can you hold a regular sized lights next to it for comparison? It's hard to gauge the thickness of your girls , how many weeks do you have left ??? FSG.

I'll do that when I take pictures this weekend. (Great Idea)

The plants will be 5 weeks of 12/12 this weekend. So around 3 weeks left and looking good.

This looks like it might be a good combination for a personal stash grow. Vipraspectra 450 in a 2X2X6 Tent. (My 5ft tent is a little short)

A friend of my son who had a medium sized grow and just got divorced. He had to get rid of all his grow stuff. He is looking into a small tent grow and this might be a good way for him to go.

We'll see in a few weeks. These are Pre-98 Bubbas so It'll be interesting to see the yield vs Kilowatts:plant grow: We'll see how frosty we can get the Buds

Sorry

Sorry

Hey bro , I wanted to apologize if I came too strong on my comment (I just read it clear headed ) I was heavily medicated and I get too concise and to the point , I will be looking forward to those pics , take care and good luck , FSG.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
No offense taken..

No offense taken..

Hey bro , I wanted to apologize if I came too strong on my comment (I just read it clear headed ) I was heavily medicated and I get too concise and to the point , I will be looking forward to those pics , take care and good luck , FSG.

Time to roll another fatty :smoke out:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Hmmmm.... 36 grams dried and cured

Not as good as expected but I can't blame it all on the LED lights. The weight was light, the buds small and didn't frost up as under HID.

1) Heat wave here over 110f for a week
2) Whitefiles
3) Almost dried out when I went to ER
4) I never flowered anything in the 2X2X5ft tent

I expect you could get twice the amount to a well tended grow.

I'm trying to flower again under LEDs Vipraspectra 600 in a bigger box which I can get to easily.

Kimura

you should have let them go another 2 weeks. you cut them down before the bulk even happened...

also, those pots are WAY too big for the plants you have growing in them.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
With all of the issues..

With all of the issues..

you should have let them go another 2 weeks. you cut them down before the bulk even happened...

also, those pots are WAY too big for the plants you have growing in them.

They didn't look like 2 more weeks would help them (they looked sick). I've been running the Pre-98 under HID for many years, always 8 weeks like clockwork.

I have used the same pots for the same strain for years. The plants didn't grow into them. I don't think the pots are the issue.

Before I blame the lights Or the pots I will see how the next run does. They are already week two of 12/12 and looking OK. Under the Vipraspectra 600.

In 6 weeks they will be about ready and it will be prime growing temperature, if I can't get a decent yield I will go back to flowering under 1000 watt/dimmable HPS. The LED light arrays are inexpensive. I may just use them for VEG.

We'll see.

I'll post some pics on this thread of the new plants as they progress. :party:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Did you feed them at a higher EC? Under my LEDs I had to up the feed 30% and add Epson salts. If I didnt my leave looked like yours. Just a guess because you had other issues too.

My buds didnt get real big either but the density was more with the LED. The frost was also more slightly with the LEDs it appeared. But no real 100% test for it.

Waxi smoked some of the buds. They were the Blue Dream he smoked the last time we meet up. If you ask him he may be able to tell you how it was. But he has never smoke my Blue Dream except that time.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Thanks for the input

Thanks for the input

Did you feed them at a higher EC? Under my LEDs I had to up the feed 30% and add Epson salts. If I didnt my leave looked like yours. Just a guess because you had other issues too.

My buds didnt get real big either but the density was more with the LED. The frost was also more slightly with the LEDs it appeared. But no real 100% test for it.

Waxi smoked some of the buds. They were the Blue Dream he smoked the last time we meet up. If you ask him he may be able to tell you how it was. But he has never smoke my Blue Dream except that time.

I will up the nutes and see how they go!

I think I can improve the yield:party:

Kimura

don't blame the LED lights man! leds are fucking awesome. i currently have a mars hydro epistar 320, but earlier this year i ran a viparspectra 1200 (524 actual watts) in a 4x4 tent with 9 GG4 and pulled 12 ounces of SOLID sticky nugs that turned out to be the best weed i've ever grown and the best i've had in a long time.

it's not the lights fault!

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
That's very impressive..

That's very impressive..

don't blame the LED lights man! leds are fucking awesome. i currently have a mars hydro epistar 320, but earlier this year i ran a viparspectra 1200 (524 actual watts) in a 4x4 tent with 9 GG4 and pulled 12 ounces of SOLID sticky nugs that turned out to be the best weed i've ever grown and the best i've had in a long time.

it's not the lights fault!

Of course I'm not blaming the lights. Just looking to do the lights justice.

What medium and nutes are you using?

Your pictures look great.

Thanks for the input.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Look at Kimura's Albums.. it's awesome 😎

Look at Kimura's Albums.. it's awesome 😎

Those are great looking grows. I'm looking to do something like that.

It looks like you are using 1 gallon pots in a scrog. I thought the 1 gallon pots were too small and I just used them to Veg.

I will be using a 3X4X7 ft custom box to flower, with a Vipraspectra 600. I'll use my 2X2X5 tent and Vipraspectra 450 to Veg. I'll get a bunch of 1 gallon pots and try a scrog.

A couple of things:

How about light height? How close?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks - Your grows have given me inspiration to continue with LEDs.

:plant grow:

Kimura

Of course I'm not blaming the lights. Just looking to do the lights justice.

What medium and nutes are you using?

Your pictures look great.

Thanks for the input.

i used roots organic original mix for those gg4, i have since switched to pro mix hp. as far as nutrients, for the GG4 i used botanicare PBP bloom, cal mag, floranectar, beastie bloom and cha ching.

now i pretty much all advanced nutrients except instead of bud candy, i use botanicares sweet.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Thanks

Thanks

i used roots organic original mix for those gg4, i have since switched to pro mix hp. as far as nutrients, for the GG4 i used botanicare PBP bloom, cal mag, floranectar, beastie bloom and cha ching.

now i pretty much all advanced nutrients except instead of bud candy, i use botanicares sweet.

I need the input