What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please HELP ! My plants are dying, Nutrium deficiency ?

Krisho

Hello Packerfan79. Thank you again for encouraging me again. I still have one more plant, unfortunately its leaves also started yellowish... I flushed it today and feed with 1/4 maxibloom and 2 ml of sea weed. I saw another problem though. Because I spraid some seea weed on the leaves ( foliar feeding) and I guess this alc-a-mic sea weed is very edible, so I found some small larvae on the top leaves... I saw some flies aligting upon the leaves and maybe they lay down eggs and larvae... shits happened only. That was when I took the flower out for 2-3 hours on the terrace...
Concerning the death plant and the pot, the rason for having small pots is that I am growing home and I do not want having more than 70-80 cm heigh plants.I know it will grow much smaller plant and the yield would be so high, but due to safety reasons I prefer small plants. And I know that pot will restrict them enough to not grow so tall.

About the soil:I composed myself the soil from normal organic soil + fish bones + perlite and hydrotons. Few days ago I added some eggs shells. Temp is quite constant between 18 and 23 degree. I am living in North Germany so at that time of year it doesnt go frequently upper that 23-24. Light is only sun light and I sometimes when outer is too cloudy I turn on near the plants a small lamp I got in yellow red spectrum but its affect is probably negligible ( it is only 10 watts...)

Regards

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
For future reference stick with a quality amended soil and use spikes and actively aerated compost teas they'll love you long time after I promise when you're taking care of the biology in the soil they'll take of your plants and if I may suggest buying true living organics by the rev both volumes or editions will ascend you on your journey to providing the best meds possible bless up and good luck bruv

packerfan79

Veteran
I would spray the plant down with plain water really heavy to get the larva off and kill them before they get in the soil.only spray plants at night or the water will burn the crap out of them.

YetiOG

Hello Packerfan79. Thank you again for encouraging me again. I still have one more plant, unfortunately its leaves also started yellowish... I flushed it today and feed with 1/4 maxibloom and 2 ml of sea weed. I saw another problem though. Because I spraid some seea weed on the leaves ( foliar feeding) and I guess this alc-a-mic sea weed is very edible, so I found some small larvae on the top leaves... I saw some flies aligting upon the leaves and maybe they lay down eggs and larvae... shits happened only. That was when I took the flower out for 2-3 hours on the terrace...
Concerning the death plant and the pot, the rason for having small pots is that I am growing home and I do not want having more than 70-80 cm heigh plants.I know it will grow much smaller plant and the yield would be so high, but due to safety reasons I prefer small plants. And I know that pot will restrict them enough to not grow so tall.

About the soil:I composed myself the soil from normal organic soil + fish bones + perlite and hydrotons. Few days ago I added some eggs shells. Temp is quite constant between 18 and 23 degree. I am living in North Germany so at that time of year it doesnt go frequently upper that 23-24. Light is only sun light and I sometimes when outer is too cloudy I turn on near the plants a small lamp I got in yellow red spectrum but its affect is probably negligible ( it is only 10 watts...)

Regards

You shouldnt use hydroponic food + organic crap in the soil pick one or the other... if you wanna use hydro food get a decent one and use it properly. Dont add anything to the soil just buy soil in a bag and use it. If you wanna do organics do that, you cant have both though

Krisho

You shouldnt use hydroponic food + organic crap in the soil pick one or the other... if you wanna use hydro food get a decent one and use it properly. Dont add anything to the soil just buy soil in a bag and use it. If you wanna do organics do that, you cant have both though

Oh So you told me , I cant use Alc-A-Mic Vitaminizer and Maxi Bloom both ??? But in the growshop told me, it wouldnt be a problem to use the sea weed with some fertilizer. + I cant over fertilize with that sea weed. I started to feed the plant alternating once with maxi bloom and after 2-3 days with alc a mic.

What could be a problem if I use both ? Is there gonna be any side effects ?

Regards

YetiOG

Oh So you told me , I cant use Alc-A-Mic Vitaminizer and Maxi Bloom both ??? But in the growshop told me, it wouldnt be a problem to use the sea weed with some fertilizer. + I cant over fertilize with that sea weed. I started to feed the plant alternating once with maxi bloom and after 2-3 days with alc a mic.

What could be a problem if I use both ? Is there gonna be any side effects ?

Regards

I read you composted shit into your dirt. You cant do that and then add hydro food.

Using the algae stuff plus hydro food is fine its the other shit you are doing to the soil you need to stop

packerfan79

Veteran
I didn't realize you had amended the soil. I usually recommend a good soil like happy frog, or roots 707, and standard nutes for new growers. Organics is great but if you make mistake in the amending thier is no 2ay to correct it, which is most likely why you are having issues now. You gotta crawl befor you walk. I have no experience growing organic personally, it does make great bud when done correctly. That being said most inexperienced growers organic bud is going to be like old-school homegrown, not very good in other words.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
This is this morning's old-school organic homegrown, but I've been practicing for a long time..

Krisho

I read you composted shit into your dirt. You cant do that and then add hydro food.

Using the algae stuff plus hydro food is fine its the other shit you are doing to the soil you need to stop

Dude, I am really sorry but I do not get very clear your point. I am not a native speaker and some times USA English is quite hard for understanding for me.

Please which shit from everything exactly do you mean :biggrin:

"Using the algae stuff plus hydro food is fine its the other shit you are doing to the soil you need to stop" . Do you mean stop adding the maxi bloom ? It was highly recommended to me in this threat. I just bought it two days ago and have used 1/4 tea spoon from it. Do you mean stop adding this if I give the plants the alg-a-mic sea weed ?
Sorry for missunderstanding, but I want correctly to get you point.

Regards

Krisho

I didn't realize you had amended the soil. I usually recommend a good soil like happy frog, or roots 707, and standard nutes for new growers. Organics is great but if you make mistake in the amending thier is no 2ay to correct it, which is most likely why you are having issues now. You gotta crawl befor you walk. I have no experience growing organic personally, it does make great bud when done correctly. That being said most inexperienced growers organic bud is going to be like old-school homegrown, not very good in other words.

Dear Packerfan, well by ammended soil, please do not think the soil I composed is a miracle. It is a very common garden soil for flowers, and I just put those small brown stones ( I think they call hydrotons) on the bottom of the pot and as every normal soil it has perlite inside.
The fish bones and the egg shells, I put them 2 weeks ago when the issues were already presented. So my soil is quite normal and poor of nutritions.
If I get rightly your point, you mean that if my soil was very amended ( very rich of organics nutrition) I do not need to feed it with some more fertilizers ? I can get that, the meaning is that I will overfertilize my plant, because I do not need to feed if there is everything inside the soil.

Did I get you correctly and was that your point ?
I am planning to grow one autoflower seed now, as there are only 2 more months with kind of sunny weather in Nord Germany. So I was planning to give to the future lady alc a mic sea weed for the first 3-4 weeks and then to start adding some Maxi bloom ? What do you think ? It wouldnt be a problem giving the liquid sea weed vitaminizer and small portions of maxi bloom (1/2 tea spoon in 0.1-0.2 gal) in every 3 days watering ? I am also planning the same ratio for my current normal feminized second plant.

Regards

YetiOG

Dude, I am really sorry but I do not get very clear your point. I am not a native speaker and some times USA English is quite hard for understanding for me.

Please which shit from everything exactly do you mean :biggrin:

"Using the algae stuff plus hydro food is fine its the other shit you are doing to the soil you need to stop" . Do you mean stop adding the maxi bloom ? It was highly recommended to me in this threat. I just bought it two days ago and have used 1/4 tea spoon from it. Do you mean stop adding this if I give the plants the alg-a-mic sea weed ?
Sorry for missunderstanding, but I want correctly to get you point.

Regards

You shouldnt use hydroponic food in soil that has organic ammendments.

Using maxi plus algae is fine. Using compost in soil then doing some wacko hydro food with a bad ratio is what the problem was

I speak terrible english full of slang. Its not surprising you didnt understand what i meant the way i put it could have been better

Anyway pick either organic or hydroponic. If you want you can use compost in soil but do t add other food unless its needed. If you want to use hydro food buy some normal potting soil or pro grade and just use the hydro food.

Maxi bloom is fine its inexpensive. I wouldnt recommend canna or what i use now (the top 2 i recommend) without gaining more experience with hydro food. If you know how to use they top quality food is highly rewarding, if you dont know how to use it it will give horrible results worse than average food.

Anyway without going off topic going into hydro foods and stuff, next grow just use the maxi follow directions, use a normal potting soil and you will have good results. Personally hydro food in dirt is my least favorite smoke but it is the most popular way people grow dope these days. Its fine though it works amd once you learn how to use hydro food amd a bit about growing plants you can successfully try other things if you want too. You can use maxi in a container of my substrate (perlite and rockwool croutons) and its just a bit different ph than dirt, fed everytime and higher ec but once you grasp using maxi, its a versitile and inexpensive food, so i wouldnt ever reccomend dropping that at this point... its a good hydro food to learn with.

I prefer bottled food its more expemsive but more choices, plus the stuff i like is only available in bottles

Krisho

Now I get your point Yeti ! Thanks !

Well, to be honest I bought Maxi because it was recommended to me and in the local growshop is rather expensive nutrition. In USA you are able to buy it for 14 $, but here was 54 $ so I thought it would be very good supplement. Then I realized what the real price is and how overvalued it is. However I also have 100% Bio Guano food. The NPK there is 3-2-5 and the other inside is some real good bat shit:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

How do you recommend using the guano ? I guess at the end in the flowering stage I can change the Maxi Bloom with guano ?

Cheers

YetiOG

Now I get your point Yeti ! Thanks !

Well, to be honest I bought Maxi because it was recommended to me and in the local growshop is rather expensive nutrition. In USA you are able to buy it for 14 $, but here was 54 $ so I thought it would be very good supplement. Then I realized what the real price is and how overvalued it is. However I also have 100% Bio Guano food. The NPK there is 3-2-5 and the other inside is some real good bat shit:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

How do you recommend using the guano ? I guess at the end in the flowering stage I can change the Maxi Bloom with guano ?

Cheers

Skip the guano. Either use maxi or use organics. Not both.

Maxi is fine and in your situation deffinitly a good choice. If i were you i would shop around though. An american would reccomend you maxi, i would say go look at the prices of canna. Over here canna is pricey because VAT and shipping. Over there you dont pay VAT inside the EU, and shipping is way less. But use the maxi first get used to it and once its gone you should shop around for food.

Just stay away from that stuff you were using at the start of the thread lol...

Krisho

Ok Thanks ! I am again confused though. You said : "Either use maxi or use organics. Not both." By organic do you mean the sea weed or do you mean the organic soil ?

I am still confused whether I can alternate maxi bloon and sea weed, by watering once with Maxi and next time with sea weed. And I am talking about giving small propotions( 1/4 tea spoon in 0.2 galoons) Please check the alc a mig: https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/alg-a-mic
It is not a fertilizer but a vitaminizer. So may I alternate both or only use Maxi Bloom ? From your previous post I understood , but now I am a bit confused. Sorry again for the missunderstanding and thanks for patient you have to explain everything ! Highly appreciate !

YetiOG

Ok Thanks ! I am again confused though. You said : "Either use maxi or use organics. Not both." By organic do you mean the sea weed or do you mean the organic soil ?

I am still confused whether I can alternate maxi bloon and sea weed, by watering once with Maxi and next time with sea weed. And I am talking about giving small propotions( 1/4 tea spoon in 0.2 galoons) Please check the alc a mig: https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/alg-a-mic
It is not a fertilizer but a vitaminizer. So may I alternate both or only use Maxi Bloom ? From your previous post I understood , but now I am a bit confused. Sorry again for the missunderstanding and thanks for patient you have to explain everything ! Highly appreciate !

I already said the algae is fine. Its not a fertilizer.

Dont add guano, or any other soil amendments or top dresses with maxi though. Dont add more fertilizer. What you did orriginally was take a loaded soil and add more food (the hydro food) you could have just grown the plant in the compost soil water only, and add teas if needed.

Really when you grow you should pick hydro or organic. Theres some people who do both at the same time (a hybfid method) i used to add kelp vitamin stuff but it was part of a careful a d well thought out mix. Now though i use a totally sterile hydro mix in inert medium. Anyway that dosent matter, in the end, next go make some changes.

Stick with maxi. Learn it. Buy some potting soil from the shop, dont add anything to it, and follow the maxi directions. I understand what your original thinking is but plants only need 1 food source. Having hydro and organic in a pot together is risky. I know a guy who uses mostly organics but feeds his plants hydro food if they get defficiencies. He will mix up a batch of hydro food (gh flora) and feed them as needed but thats after the plants ate all the organics in the container.

Maxi is great if you wanted to ditch the dirt and use say rockwool croutons you just switch to ph 5.5, fill your pots with croutons and tada! You are growing hydro.

I mix perlite with croutons. It rocks. You can do anything with maxi. Theres nothing wrong with it if i were you i would stick to using the maxi and a vitamin and you will probably be happy. I use hydro food, vitamin, silica and a bloom booster and thats it now. Forget guano, and any other organic fertilizer and get a solid grip on using maxi in dirt, then if you feel adventurous try it in something else. I used to hate rockwool until i spent about 15 mins reading about it. You can become an expert on using rockwool in less than 1 hour of reading...

packerfan79

Veteran
Agreed Yeti. Start with maxi, get a good grasp on the technical aspects of growing. Meanwhile you can start reading up on organics. You can't just throw some random stuff in your soil and expect it to produce dank. Building a soil is challenging. Requires much research. Many of the amendments are not easily sourced outside of the emerald triangle, or Colorado. Most organic growers spend big money on soil test befor they ever plant anything. Small scale organics is going to leave you with lots of leftover amendments. You may only need a few cups of this or that , but you may have to buy bales or large bags of a multitude of amendments.

Krisho

Ok guys, I think I got everything now. Thanks again for your great efforts to explain me everything !

Cheers !

YetiOG

Ok guys, I think I got everything now. Thanks again for your great efforts to explain me everything !

Cheers !

You bet. Once you grasp the maxi and general growing, give say canna coco a try, or canna subsra and croutons a try, or even canna terra soil and food (i hear its dope) but stick with maxi then when you are ready move on. I loved canna products if they were cheaper id buy them still probably, though the food i found works great for me im quite fond of it.

Krisho

Guys, my second plant started having the same issues as the first one- lower leaves yellowish, new leaves also yellowish and burning. I guess same pottasium excess. These symptoms are kind of strange, because I havent fed it for the last 2 weeks with that shitty fertilizer and I already flushed it last week. So far only 2 times watered with sea weed alc-a-mic. Still havent fed it with maxi bloom, as I wanted to past 2-3 weeks and all the shit to pour out instead giving a new fertilizer if it still has some quantum from the last fetilizer whether in the soil or in the plant . So according to the expirience I got from my first plant it will die in the next 4-5 days... Whatever I did for my first plant, the dying process wass irreversible and steadily. Please suggest something I do not want to lose my second plant... Do you think if I change the pot soil will work ? that fucking issues are killing me. Btw second plant starts having the same issues at exactly the same age as the first one- 2 months and 1 week...

Latest posts

Latest posts