What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please HELP ! My plants are dying, Nutrium deficiency ?

Krisho

To sum up, I reckon the problem is the shitty quality of the fertilizer I bought + the high ration of Potassium and lower of Phosphorus. As an excess of Pot. leads to intervenial chlorosis and leaf tips margin burn + causes deficit of Mg, Ca, Fe and Zn, as well the lower leaves curv. I got all of these symptoms...
Already flushed the plant, 3x the size of the pot. The last water that run out was almost normal transparent water. The last watering was done with boiled with egg shells water + I add some quality new sea weed booster full with vitamins. Also I spray the leaves with that booster. Really hope it will help.
Concerning the secong plant, the symptoms there are much lower, only the lowest two leaves had some troubles, so I will avoid flushing that plant. Will treat it with the new sea weed booster and will see if there will be some issues.

So far will wait a bit for buying a new fertilizer, do not want to rush and stress the plant again + that sea weed it is said that help a lot with over fertilizing and "high-quality seaweed formula contains a healthy mix of micronutrients (including magnesium and calcium), vitamins, amino acids, and beneficial hormones derived from vegetables."
Please check the product here and give me your opinion: https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/alg-a-mic

Thanks for recommending me that maxibloom and the others but i really think this booster will help. Do you think it is a good idea to mix that booster with another fertilizer or this one should be enough ?

starke

I would highly recommend you follow packerfan's advice. Right now it appears you are trying to "garden by symptom" without an overall understanding of the plant's needs. I understand your desire to remain organic, however, that will be quite a challenge until you have an understanding of growing in soil and building organic soils. Until then I strongly suggest Maxibloom at 1 tsp per gallon. I have run this nutrient in soil with excellent results on three different strains and am currently running it in Hempy Buckets (Passive Hydro) on my current grow. Peace.

Krisho

Thank you Starke for the advice. Please one thing is not clear to me, may I use that seed weed Alg-A- Mic https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/alg-a-mic and mix it with this Maxibloom ? It is said that there is no chance of over fertilyzing with this sea weed, so I think it is a great supplement to the plant. But I was planning to use it with 100% Bio Guano fertilizer but if you suggest that max bloom , I will remain the guano only for the flowering stage.
If I dont find the maxi bloom in local growstore should I replace it with another bloom booster commensurating to Max Bloom ratio NPK 5-15-14 ?
And if you think using both would be a bit too much, maybe I can water once with maxi bloom and spray the sea weed, or alternating both ?

Sforza

Veteran
well it can be said that also looks as a Potasium deficiency but in my fertilizer 14-7-17 , the number of P is 7, should be pretty ok i guess ?
Here is a photo I maid 5 mins ago... looks terrible, I cut 10-15 leaves yesterday...View Image

P.S. Ph is okay, I made some tests... and thats not an issue...

Despite what experts, who I readily admit know a shitload more about nutrients and plant biology than I do, have written in this thread, your fertilizer is fine.

Maxigrow is designed specifically for the vegetative stage of plant growth and has the formula of 10-5-14, so it has even less Phosphorus compared to Potassium than the shit you are using.

I started growing in 1980, first under lights that I purchased from a lighting store, metal halide, HPS, and fluorescent fixtures. I tried to grow bag seed from Colombian weed and the results were not great. Then I bought some seeds from Holland from an advertisement in High Times. Might have been from Sam the Skunkman, I don't remember, because it was a long time ago.

The Indica Skunk plants grown from those seeds produced great thick dense buds that packed a wallop.

Back in those dark ages, there was not a lot of information about how to grow weed. I read Ed Rosenthal's book out at the time, a thin paperback.

There were no specialty high dollar cannabis fertilizers on the market at that time. I used MiracleGro, Peters, and whatever else I could find on the shelf at Walmart. I did not pH my water. I grew lots of kick ass bud that got me and everyone I shared it with high as fuck.

And I was not some rube living in Bumfuck, Egypt who only smoked ditch weed either. Before growing my own weed, I had spent years in Jamaica and Colombia smoking ganja with the natives. After managing to avoid getting killed or thrown in jail for the shit I was pulling in JA and Santa Marta I spent a year living in Campbell, CA working in Silicon Valley. Our work crew would put our money together and buy an oz or two every week of Humboldt sinsemilla. I knew good weed from poor weed.

I moved from my little house in the city to a rental house on some land in the country and built a greenhouse and grew nice big strong plants. In the country, I got a subscription to Organic Gardening Magazine, started mowing my huge lawn with a lawn mower with a grass catcher and putting the grass clippings into a large compost pile along with lots of tree leaves in the fall when they dropped and well composted chicken shit and horse manure that I got from farms in the area and hauled to my place in my pickup truck.

picture.php

I used well water and again, never took the pH of the water. Bought pallets of organic amendments like green sand, kelp, worm castings, Soft Rock Phosphate, etc. from suppliers who advertised in the Organic Gardening magazine. I grew good weed. This was on the Northeast Coast, thus the need for the green house, although I also grew indoors under lights and outdoors at the same location.

I moved to the Southwest and bought five acres with a ranch house. The property had a creek running through it that had water in it year round, so that was my source of water at that site. Never pHed my water. Used a combination of organic fertilizer in the holes dug in the sand along the river bank and Peters Professional Bloom Fertilizer as foliar feed in a hose-end sprayer. I had a gasoline powered pump that pumped water up from the creek to supply water and it had enough pressure to make the hose end sprayer effective. I could tell the plants loved the foliar feeding, spurting up and getting visibly more vigorous after every application. Grew large healthy plants that had people begging for more.

picture.php

Got married, kid got old enough to understand what was going on, stopped riding my motorcycle and stopped growing and smoking weed. Went back to college, got multiple degrees, got a good job.

Kid grew up, got sent to Denver by work in 2014. Bought some legal seeds and brought them back to my current home on the Gulf Coast.

Grow good ganja. Never pH my water. Have no idea how many PPM minerals are in my tap water provided by the city. Use both organic and inorganic fertilizers. Still amazed at how well foliar feeding makes plants grow.

So that is a long story to tell you to take all the experts opinion with a grain of salt. Most of them are just parroting what they read some other expert say. There are million ways to grow good ganja. There may be only one way to grow the very bestest, finest, most wonderful, and finest tasting ganja in the world, but two buck chuck will get you just as drunk as Dom Perignon champagne. The folks with the ever so sophisticated palates might be able to tell the difference between organic grown and nonorganic grown ganja, but I bet that with a fairly large sample size and double blind testing, most wouldn't be able to get a majority of samples correct.

New growers usually fuck things up by using too much fertilizer, not from a lack of nutrients. At least that is what I did when I was a new grower. I loved my plants so much that I wanted them to have as much fertilizer as possible, but that leads to problems.

Ganja is a weed and as you can see, weeds can grow without any added nutrients and in all sorts of soil. Ganja will not reach its maximum potential without good nutrients, but it will not die and show all sorts of deficiencies either, as the guerrilla growers show us when we see their pictures of grows that get very little care.

The best thing you can do, until you get a feel for your plants, is to give low concentrations of fertilizer. To make sure that your plants are getting enough nutrients, feed them weak fertilizer solutions more often. Watch them carefully and if you see any signs of over-fertilization, such as the leaves having a very defined structure or the very tips of the leaves turning brown or yellow, cut back. Remember, we learn from our mistakes because they cause us pain and we are programmed to avoid pain.

The simplest way is probably to buy some Maxigrow and some Maxibloom or just some Maxibloom and use it as directed or use it at half strength but use it more often. As you have success, you can try other fertilizers and methods.

The best way to learn how to grow cannabis is for you to grow plants side by side, changing one variable only and seeing which group of plants do better. Use the method that produces the better plants and then grow another side by side grow, and change one variable.

Unfortunately, that method will take a long time, if you only grow one crop a year. It will also take a long time even if you are growing three or four crops a year.

Also, we all like to give all our plants the very best, so it is hard to not give a group of plants something that we think is good for them. That is why I have never managed to do a side by side grow. Reading the forum, I don't think most other growers have done so either, other than side by side grows of different strains.

That is why, reading the forum, you can find experts using all sorts of different methods, some diametrically opposed to other growers' methods, but they are all putting up photos of what looks to be excellent ganja.

That fact alone shows me that ganja is a hearty plant that grows well under a lot of different conditions. As long as it has plenty of light, water, and some fertilizer, it can grow well and if its genetics are sound, it will produce some good ganja that will get you high.

Krisho

Mr. Sforza... I am fully appreciate to that post... I take my hat off ! :tiphat:

As a non expirienced grower I clearly understand the situation with over fertilyzing my plant. Will do all my best to regenarate it with less usage of fertilizers and more Bio nutritions.
With regarding to the side by side growing, unfortunately I am growing indoor and as you mentioned that is quite hard to make such an experiment each year + I am just not able to increase the ammount of plants... However you are completely right and I will learn my lesson about the fertilizers in the future- much better low concentration than putting more- I conceder it as the main error for unexpirience grower.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If one cares to read a bit more regarding current experiences amongst a number of growers on this page, once they realized how to balance their soil and to fill in the missing pieces nutritionally (that is the key), their results became by far and away, some of the best and most productive (not by any means opposing objectives) that anyone has seen. When one fills in the missing pieces, often metals, such as manganese, zinc, copper, cobalt but yet always based in high Ca levels. Read TonyGreen, or Greenhands13 results. Greenhands applys gypsum every week and had to increase his potassium three times higher than ever! A dosis which would have burnt his plants had he done it earlier. Why? Calcium. Read up on the sodium absorbtion ratios in water and realize it is the same for the soil. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_adsorption_ratio Greenhands by far and away unanimously considered by everyone that met him at the last Cannabis Cup in Santa Rosa, had the most amazing products that anyone had ever seen much less smoked and at the same time, had huge yields. Look at his albums....

Go to the beginning of the slownickel lounge and listen to a couple of pHd's explain it for you all. Get real folks. These plants eat huge if you have a balance at the soil. Milk must be too simple an answer. Ask CBCool what happened when he had bad plants last year and applied milk... LMAO...

Read folks. Lots of good information on here substantiated using real science. Stop peeing on the fence already.

Krisho

as it looks like, this year wouldnt be any yield... have to prepare already for the next one...

picture.php
picture.php

well at the end I am not 100% sure where the problem was... Started as a Mg deficiency, then I bought that fertilizer and 2 weeks later the plant finished like this...dying headlongly every day... hope there will remain some leaves after two days. Still have some expectations after the flushing.
I feel like if my pet died...:tumbleweed:

Dog Star

Veteran
You can save her with good flush with plain water... then later feed her easy
with complete nutes but half dose..

your soil gives her PH swing and thats why you need to flush very good

Krisho

Dog star, yes I flushed it already. 3 times the size of the pot, in my case flushed it 9 times x2 liters of water (18l of water would be pretty enough for such a small pot). At the last flushing the water was already transparent so I guess it was well done. Then I fed her with some sea weed vitaminizer and spray some of it on the leaves. However it gets undeviatingly worse... I guess it will continue getting worse next 2 days due to the overwatering. Next two days are really crucial for her. Will see what will happen on Friday. Thumbs up !
My only hope is that it is still a vegetation period ( 2 months old) so such a huge lost of leaves is not the worst case, still will have some time to regenerate and maybe survive. Should I use more lights ? Maybe put her under 24h of light so, prevent any attempt at starting to flower ? I mean I know that when the marijuana is under a huge stress, like that case, it exerts last forces to start flowering in order somehow to propagate herself.

packerfan79

Veteran
You are not using g a complete nutrient profile, what you are using is basically an amendment or an additive. Spend the 15 bucks and get some maxibloom, it will work in veg also. The plants can be saved, just stop trying random stuff. You can knock this grow out, while working on building a well balanced soil like slownickle is trying to help you with. That way you have some decent weed to smoke and you can try the built soil next time.

Krisho

You are not using g a complete nutrient profile, what you are using is basically an amendment or an additive. Spend the 15 bucks and get some maxibloom, it will work in veg also. The plants can be saved, just stop trying random stuff. You can knock this grow out, while working on building a well balanced soil like slownickle is trying to help you with. That way you have some decent weed to smoke and you can try the built soil next time.

thanks Packerfan. I definetely will buy that Maxi Bloom and will apply it soon. At least hope to get the opportunity to try it to that plant...
Will append some pics in two days to share the state of the plant.
I couldnt understand only, do you suggest to buy either Maxi Bloom or Maxi grow or buying both ?

Cheers

Dog Star

Veteran
You dont spray foliar if your plants are in shock and leafes are already showing damage.

Also Packerfan tells you good about your choice of nutes,you need to feed them NPK,secondary Mg,S,Ca,and micronutrients,you can give vitamins but dont forget nutes in feeding.

Better way is to feed in soil and not on leafes of plant that is already saturated with water inside pot.. as she needs to evaporize this water thru leafes and you give her hard time with foliar feed.. so again you put her in shock,its a wrong to do.

Listen proper what people tells you.. and your plant will bounce back for sure.

Regards

Krisho

ok guys, thanks again ! I am going to buy that maxi bloom today. Dog Star you are completely right about the evaporating of the water from the leaves...

Regards

Minb

When I found that same problem in my leaves was for one of the following reasons:
(usual grow method with known plants)

- Some white little cubes (some kind of fungus) were around the roots. That happened to plants that I was moving between my garden and my indoor in order to give them more hours of light.

- Nutrients or acid were degradated, probably in the growshop before I got them. So quantities according to what i was normally using didnt run well. The problem is to discover that but is easy to solve.

Some friends had similar problems and corrected them well as if it was a lack of Mg. But my experience is what i commented before.

Krisho

so unfortunately the plant is completely dying... As there are almost no leaves to evaporate the huge moisture in the soil after the heavily flushing, I found today some initial stage of fungi on the soil layer near the steam. So do you think would work if a use haid-drier to boost a bit the drying of the soil ???

Also my second plant also has the same symptoms (maybe of the shittest fertilyzer I had and overfertilyzing), I already cut the lowest leaves and I can see now spreading to the middle big old leaves, they got yellowish as a Mg deficiency. For two days I spray it with sea weed and kind of epsom salt, so it should have a rich cocktail of vitamins and Mg, Ca but still have problems. Do you think is a good idea to flush it as the other or continue waiting till seeing worse symptoms or getting better ?

Btw today I bought that Maxi Bloom (in Europe is quite expensive, not like in USA 14$ but 53$). However to give it to my sick plant I believe first the soil should dry a bit.
Please opinions to both problems ?`
And thanks again for the support !

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Krisho

an enormous transformation for just 4 days... I really do not get what happened so drastically... It makes me an impression that also the steams converted from green to browny and barky as a tree

I even do not know how I poisoned it so much.
However thanks to everyone here who tried to help me !!!
Will wait 2-3 more days and will put some autoflower seed probably as the summer is already half way through so there is not much time for another normal growing seed.

Regards

packerfan79

Veteran
K starting over may be the best thing. What kind of soil are you using?

Don't feed seedlings in till the little round leaves (pod busters) start to yellow. I would say wait until they have 4 or 5 nodes.

Are you foliar feeding during the day? This will cause the leavesto burn( the water acts as a magnifying glass).

With autos start in the container you are going to finish in, in other words don't transplant.

When you start to feed, start at 1/4 strength maxibloom. Increase gradually.

Feed once , water once and repeat wait till the top couple inches are slightly dry. Overwatering is the most common mistake.

Start your plants in a mostly shaded area , while they are young. Move them to sunny area for a few hours, gradually increase sunny time.

Autos are probably a good choice until you get a better handle on growing.

Good luck, don't get discouraged it's just a weed. slowdown, mistakes are made when you make rash decisions.