What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words gents!

Will be playing with DIY Cob LED's this winter. I know the tech is getting better. Will have to swap over eventually. Looking forward to some side by side testing!

Robney

Your user name should really be the mad scientist, your plants look crazy mushroombrew! Really got me thinking about hydro! Hope you hit that 3!

growingcrazy

Whats up Brother!

I have been watching, cheering...3 a light is close...

It is crazy the amount of stretch you get out of some of these strains.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Yeah it's silly how much they stretch. I really need to limit veg time. There is a point of diminishing returns indoors. All the big plants in the last couple pages are all the same pheno. And if you can believe it; the same as that 3oz bud bushel !!

I usually veg that pheno longer as there is no stretch. But now they are doubling!!

So it's all new but in the very best of ways.

The "right" pheno is vegging. Will get about 18 days veg. Flip on the 30th. They are already a little on the "big" side.

But who will believe #3/light with a 2 wk veg?! Getting very possible.

Funny thing is I would not consider this the heaviest strain. But High quality with great yields.

Everything performs better in a FreeRooter.

DunHav`nFun

Back when Euro internet weedsites in the early 90`s began I met some guys from SoCal that were experimenting with 4 x 8 flood tables and cramming as many rockwool cube fully rooted cuts on said tables as possible and pulling the trigger/flipping 12/12....

Cali went full legal Medville in `96 and my guy`s went into the overnight clone shipping business to all the new dispensaries popping up from San Diego to NorCal in 10 x 20 flats with fully rooted rockwool cubes in humidomes for 5 bucks a rooted cut....well....

Since they realized that "plant numbers dictate yield" as in the more fully rooted cuts you can pack under the proper watts per sq ft with dialed environment , and go straight 12/12 till harvest made them realize that the original numbers of 4 per sq ft with X amount of veg till the flip made no sense due to how much crammed plants stretch and lack the light penetration to get to the deepest parts of the plants , even with defoliation , a 5 ' plant only gets at best 32-36" penetration with horizontal reflected light....that said.....

Once dialed , they had and still have to this day 3" rockwool cubes with 1.5" plugs fully rooted and put into 4 x 4 tables to the tune of 256 fully rooted cuts pulling 4 lbs every 10 weeks consistently with 1/4 oz colas for 20 + yrs under 1KW `s.....IOW...

As stated above .....Plant numbers dictate yields.....guaranteed...... time tested and proven.....so....you`re on the right track MB , but you need ta use more numbers and flip immediately for faster turnovers and crops per yr IME.....but.....

Takes a clone factory to produce 3 times as many as you need per run to use the picks of the litter cuz no 2 cuts root the same or in the same time frame ....regardless......Respect for as far as you`ve come.....

I just came here to help and show what`s been lost over the yrs from all the old sites being dead and gone about true commercial production with the right attitude and investment.....

Good luck with your setup and future endeavors....Holler if I can help.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Sourdiesel hat

Back when Euro internet weedsites in the early 90`s began I met some guys from SoCal that were experimenting with 4 x 8 flood tables and cramming as many rockwool cube fully rooted cuts on said tables as possible and pulling the trigger/flipping 12/12....

Cali went full legal Medville in `96 and my guy`s went into the overnight clone shipping business to all the new dispensaries popping up from San Diego to NorCal in 10 x 20 flats with fully rooted rockwool cubes in humidomes for 5 bucks a rooted cut....well....

Since they realized that "plant numbers dictate yield" as in the more fully rooted cuts you can pack under the proper watts per sq ft with dialed environment , and go straight 12/12 till harvest made them realize that the original numbers of 4 per sq ft with X amount of veg till the flip made no sense due to how much crammed plants stretch and lack the light penetration to get to the deepest parts of the plants , even with defoliation , a 5 ' plant only gets at best 32-36" penetration with horizontal reflected light....that said.....

Once dialed , they had and still have to this day 3" rockwool cubes with 1.5" plugs fully rooted and put into 4 x 4 tables to the tune of 256 fully rooted cuts pulling 4 lbs every 10 weeks consistently with 1/4 oz colas for 20 + yrs under 1KW `s.....IOW...

As stated above .....Plant numbers dictate yields.....guaranteed...... time tested and proven.....so....you`re on the right track MB , but you need ta use more numbers and flip immediately for faster turnovers and crops per yr IME.....but.....

Takes a clone factory to produce 3 times as many as you need per run to use the picks of the litter cuz no 2 cuts root the same or in the same time frame ....regardless......Respect for as far as you`ve come.....

I just came here to help and show what`s been lost over the yrs from all the old sites being dead and gone about true commercial production with the right attitude and investment.....

Good luck with your setup and future endeavors....Holler if I can help.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

"plant numbers dictate yield"

short version. plants wont grow near wifi and the owner of silk road was arrested for going into the library.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Sorry have to disagree sort of... Plant numbers do not dictate yield.

Plant numbers dictate the how quickly that yield is achieved.

More plants = less veg time.

I could fit 162 FreeRooters in a 4x8 (4/sqft). But the plants grow so damn fast. Too fast.

But yes you are right I could probably do #3/light with no veg with 162 in the tray.
Lets just break one record at a time shall we...

mushroombrew

Veteran
And for the record I just did a rockwool SOG. 128 in a 4x4.
FreeRooters smoke rockwool. Actually they kick it up and down the street.

mushroombrew

Veteran
then you arrest the mother fucker for going into ur library once. then you go brain dead because you said no cops allowed then you knew that before you left you're house to go to that place.

ur basically walking around with the power to divorce 50-100 people based off simple facts of life they are refusing to play and claiming to owed profit from.

next thing you know they are walking around eyeballing each other and shit.

Sorry I have absolutely zero idea what you are talking about.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I guess that guy is a troll and he's made a few accounts today just to shitpost. I'm still not convinced it's not a semi-sentient AI. Cause if it's a person, wtf man.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I guess that guy is a troll and he's made a few accounts today just to shitpost. I'm still not convinced it's not a semi-sentient AI. Cause if it's a person, wtf man.

Even Nigerian fraudsters make more sense

"you have won $1M just send $6000 for processing fees"