What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help,I'm going mad

troutman

Seed Whore
I think the pH being a little to high is the biggest issue.

So get some pH down and bring it down into the 6.0-6.5 range.

:tiphat:

-~Wind Walker~-

As others have mentioned. Soil looks way hot (fertilizer). Too much water. Too much light. I always amend seed starter soil mix with perlite / vermiculite. Use fluorescents with higher Kelvin blue light. Did you put any perlite at the bottom of the pot to facilitate drainage and air to the roots? Tap water? Bottled drinking water should be used with no preservatives or flavor enhancers (added minerals). The one larger red pot looks like some heavy organic soil with no amendments (manure mud). All the soil pictured looks like it holds heavy moisture.

Consider soil starter mix with peat moss as part of the ingredients. When you dip your hand in the bag of starter mix and let the soil go through your fingers, it feels fluffy, loose, airy vs clumpy or muddy like. All my pots have as much drain holes as possible. On the lower areas of plastic pots, I even drill or poke some small holes on the sides.

Furthermore, try filling a pot of the same size with just a good amended starter mix, NO SEEDS or SEEDLINGS. Water slowly and measure the water volume it will take to get the soil just moist, any excess water should be recycled or removed from the tray or saucer until you dial in your methods.

Use a plastic tray with a humidity dome instead of saucers. I also put a small personal desk fan on the outside of the dome, near the vents to circulate air. When the soil gets dryer, lightly spray the leaves / dome with purified drinking water (mentioned above) Occasionally I take the dome off when spraying the leaves and dome. Think about how mother nature does it. Roots need air.

Get a seed starting mat and put it under the tray with the humidity dome. It will facilitate evaporation of any excess water, and the plant will get water from the air. It will also gently warm your seed starter mix and help the roots grow.

Finally, you might want to practice with bag seed or tomato seeds.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I start seeds under a 1k HPS. Or the sunshine. It is not too much light.

It looks to me like your seedlings would benefit from a transplant. Get them in that special cannabis soil.

To make good water as you put it, add you nutrients first to your desired ppm/ec level and then adjust the pH. Vinegar works for pH down.

Good luck!

oldbootz

Veteran
They don't look extremely sick. But soil does take some getting used to.

1/3 coco coir (rinsed) 1/3 perlite 1/3 worm castings

This base is really good especially for beginners. Make sure to get quality worm castings that is black and smells earthy and good.

add to that per 100L of mix:
1 cup dolomite lime
1/4 cup volcanic rock dust
1 cup bone meal
2 cup diatomacious earth

This makes a nice simple mix for vegetative state. Don't worry if you cant find all the ingredients.

For flower you can add bat guano top dressed or you can repot with it mixed in. Alternatively you can use the same mix for flower and try a liquid organic fertilizer (I use BioBizz Bloom). If you don't have any access to these options, putting 3 cups bone meal instead of 1 will help with adding phosphorous to the flower stage instead.

Hope this helps. Soil is very rewarding once you get something good going.

This pic is from now using this same mix re-used for years in a row, these sativa are usually sensitive to hot soil and you can see all fresh tips no burn, very fast growth.
picture.php

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
What most are saying - Seedlings dont require a lot of fussing. Less is more. A reasonably neutral starter type soil, solo cups with drainage holes to start out works great, no crazy mad scientist type formulas, water PH'd to around 6.0 (IMPORTANT) and water when cup "feels light'. Graduate to next pot - 6 to 8 inch when the tap root can be seen coming thru bottom of cup. Starting with large pots makes establishing watering schedule harder to gauge (slower dryout) and greater risk of drowning the seedling from over-watering. Fluorescent shop lite at approx. 6 inches above seedling. Room temps approx 70 to 80 with access to fresh air. And...away you go...If you're bent on coco, get your feet wet with soil first as coco can be not real user friendly to beginners. Above all, dont be mad, be glad...

kikike

Here they are now.im very happy with the progress.

Attachments

• 20170624_192433.jpg
    20170624_192433.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170624_192424.jpg
    20170624_192424.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170624_192410.jpg
    20170624_192410.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170624_192414.jpg
    20170624_192414.jpg