What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rotovap vs SprayVap

Vertumnus

Don't believe the hype when it comes to CES SprayVap Colorado Extraction Systems. They talk a good game up front, but the minute they take your money say goodbye. The system isn't truly continuous and with the downtime needed for sample transfer, it's actually SLOWER than my automated 20L Rotovap.

HempExtractor

I have to respectively and fully disagree with Vertumnus's previous comment. We purchased a Sprayvap from CES in July 2016 and it honestly it has functioned better then prescribed. We often run it 16 hours a day rolling through 500lbs+ of hemp flower. We run our unit @ 24L per hour and it doesn't blink. The transfer time is minimal, maybe 10 min total to remove all oil from collection flask and then bring the vacuum back down. Outside of that process you can run non stop all day long. When we have had issues with the equipment (99% of which caused by my lab tech's mishandling of hardware) CES support will answer the phone and if unavailable will respond with haste. They have always had spare parts on hand and all of the CES staff has intimate knowledge of their machinery and are always more than willing to share new information on best practices.

In my eyes there is no comparison in ease of use, quality of product, and support when comparing Rotovap to Sprayvap.

Any other questions or comments on the Sprayvap let me know.

I have to respectively and fully disagree with Vertumnus's previous comment. We purchased a Sprayvap from CES in July 2016 and it honestly it has functioned better then prescribed. We often run it 16 hours a day rolling through 500lbs+ of hemp flower. We run our unit @ 24L per hour and it doesn't blink. The transfer time is minimal, maybe 10 min total to remove all oil from collection flask and then bring the vacuum back down. Outside of that process you can run non stop all day long. When we have had issues with the equipment (99% of which caused by my lab tech's mishandling of hardware) CES support will answer the phone and if unavailable will respond with haste. They have always had spare parts on hand and all of the CES staff has intimate knowledge of their machinery and are always more than willing to share new information on best practices.

In my eyes there is no comparison in ease of use, quality of product, and support when comparing Rotovap to Sprayvap.

Any other questions or comments on the Sprayvap let me know.

What kind of space do you have yours set up in? Does this thing create a lot of heat?

whatthe215

Veteran
Extraction equipment manufacturers are catching up. Many extraction companies running ethanol extraction will extract 3 or 4 days per week, and recover ethanol 7 days per week.

Pinnacle stainless and bizzy are both working on falling/rising film evaporators so customers can run the extractors 7 days per week.

50L rotos work but once you pass the 20 or 30kg per day line, rotos get annoying. Filling and emptying 6x 50L rotos ain't fun.