What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is THE fastest maturing auto?

jedi5891

Alot of the modern fast Autos can be taken down 8 to 9 weeks after germination. The fastest Auto I've seen listed is fast bud 2 from Sweet seeds. They say it's ready in 7 weeks. I cannot attest to this has I've not tried this cultivar. I have however taken down many other Autos at 8 weeks from sweet seeds, like- black cream, S.A.D auto, sweet cheese to name a few. Most of the fast 1s are around the 8 weeks mark which is still fast considering you can pull a couple of Oz a plant, more if you really dial them in.
Peace

angelgoob

Mighty mite + top 44 with special breeding program with cold simulation of winter and shorter hours throughout lifespan of plant.

Step two: Weigh seeds and measure them, pick only the biggest. breed with them. This way it gets a head start. And as long as you keep sexing the plants, the plant will know BIG seeds work. And it will not work on numbers anymore, it'll rely on seed weight. Right? Man I have dreams.

M

Mr. Sparkle

As jedi said a lot of autos "certain breeders" are done in 8-9weeks

But say some of the autos ive been growing such as Sweet Seeds - Auto Dark Devils, are done for me in 8.5 weeks from popping out of the soil to being done and chopped.

angelgoob

I think some are like "matures in 8 weeks" and it's really 9 week and 10 weeks. lol

I just want to create bigger seeds for better seedling growth. Weigh and measure seeds and breed. Bog bogglegum has seedlings with bigger leaves (cotyldons?)

And I want to trigger the plant to think it has 40 days total.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Mighty mite + top 44 with special breeding program with cold simulation of winter and shorter hours throughout lifespan of plant.

Step two: Weigh seeds and measure them, pick only the biggest. breed with them. This way it gets a head start. And as long as you keep sexing the plants, the plant will know BIG seeds work. And it will not work on numbers anymore, it'll rely on seed weight. Right? Man I have dreams.

With all do respect I can't make heads or tails from this post. Seed size has nothing to do with final outcome.

"As long as you keep sexing the plants, the plant will know big seeds work."

Uh... I don't get it.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Also the earliest autos will be the ones with the lowest yields. 8 weeks from seed to result in 5 grams is not worth it.

Last edited:

angelgoob

really why. where does the seed get it's energy. from something with some weight to it I suppose.

I meant bigger by weight. Have you ever seen a coconuts sprout? Lots of power. Big seed.

and I know this because BOGS bogglegum had slightly bigger seeds and bigger seedlings. They were giants to me. Much bigger cotyldeons. sp?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm with Lester and Roasty... At this time, I'm watching two seeds from the same strain/pack of seeds, 1 was the largest seed (GB12B) and one was the smallest (GB12S) - not weighing them. Here are a couple pics... the one on the left is GB12S and as you can see much smaller than GB12B. I don't know autos but seeds are seeds..
In the case of these seeds, each seed represents as you can see, a different pheno of that strain. Well, the more I type and think, if one had a stable enough strain, maybe. but OTOH if they were 100% stable, all viable seeds might/should weigh the same and be the same size.. could be..

AND there is NO WAY to determine sex of a seed before germing.

EDIT: wish I was better at photography.. sorry

Attachments

• IMG_0217[1].jpg
    IMG_0217[1].jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0218[1].jpg
    IMG_0218[1].jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 42

Stan G.

if the seed is bigger, it has more power to veg good at first.
lol. Where did you learn this? Seed size is genetic. As well as vegetative vigor, plant size, quality, aroma, etc. Genetics determine seed size, not seed size determines genetics.

angelgoob

So the seed has no mass on which it relies to germinate?

Is that what you are saying? Then how do they grow without soil for a period?

EDIT: Oh yes where are the people that might believe me/ are dreamers and or creative thinkers/inventors.

(I have had other threads people not believe, but would you believe a video card is actually faster than your own cpu? People didn't believe me until I showed proof) Then they called me a negative nancy because I was salty because everyone comes in and laughs and is stupid beyond belief (no critical thinking skills, but very critical))

I just wish you had ONE of those old corn seeds or maize before it was bred out.

You'd end up with a smaller seedling. Because the seed is small from it. Same with what I am talking about.

In nature, the bigger the seed, the bigger the plant usually. Maybe NOW you can see and help me.

And vigor is genetic, but put it in the wrong environment and it won't thrive. Some matters on environment. I believe the environment can shape a seeds size and therefore it will give bigger seedlings. (this is found in nature, the bigger the seed, the bigger the starting plant)

And also don't tell me it doesn't matter. Veg matters for autos, if you know your shit, you'd know you want it as big as possible before flowering.

My sources

http://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/100papers/100_Ecological_Papers/100_Influential_Papers_021.pdf

"Within species differences in seed size had a significant effect on seedling growth in
non-competitive cover"

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4216701?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

"A posteriori tests show that differences in seedling characteristics reflect differences in initial seed mass, with especially strong differences apparent in shoot mass. "

http://dclu.langston.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1015&context=mccabe_theses

"The germination and growth of seeds in the absence of light
caused the plants to rely solely on the resources and nourishment of the seed. Therefore,
growth of the seedling was a direct result of the seedling resources. Dissected seedling
components of large seed were consistently heavier than the medium sized seed, which
were in turn heavier than those of the small seed. This observation results in the
conclusion that the increased amount of resources in the large seed produced the heavier
seedling components."

There's three sources if you don't get it yet.

I am amazed people would come in here and laugh at me and my idea. :peacock: THAT is why people go to other forums. Not the laughing, but general set in their ways "I know it all" sort of thing.

It's a problem I see with new ideas on here. Other forums advanced on LED knowledge, while this forum has JUST LEARNED about white LED light.

The new ideas are accepted and developed quick in other forums because of this. Here they remain stagnant here because the users don't provide any good input and can only laugh.

Now I'd like you to source that seed size and weight have nothing to do with seedling size and growth. Thanks. And I am not feeling well at all about this situation of people not helping, not researching, laughing, saying it's impossible. Thanks a lot naysayers. You've made me read my points in scientific papers.

Funny thing is. Me? I don't have to read any papers. I have this way of knowing things. Just like I knew what LED's were capable of, just like I am going to breed big seed cannabis.

People don't believe in LED's because they know jack shit about them. Looks like people knew nothing (except for me) here either.

I have bolded the most important words, so you can get it more etc.

Hope you come back and respond!

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
So the seed has no mass on which it relies to germinate?

Is that what you are saying? Then how do they grow without soil for a period?

EDIT: Oh yes where are the people that might believe me/ are dreamers and or creative thinkers/inventors.

(I have had other threads people not believe, but would you believe a video card is actually faster than your own cpu? People didn't believe me until I showed proof) Then they called me a negative nancy because I was salty because everyone comes in and laughs and is stupid beyond belief (no critical thinking skills, but very critical))

I just wish you had ONE of those old corn seeds or maize before it was bred out.

You'd end up with a smaller seedling. Because the seed is small from it. Same with what I am talking about.

In nature, the bigger the seed, the bigger the plant usually. Maybe NOW you can see and help me.

And vigor is genetic, but put it in the wrong environment and it won't thrive. Some matters on environment. I believe the environment can shape a seeds size and therefore it will give bigger seedlings. (this is found in nature, the bigger the seed, the bigger the starting plant)

And also don't tell me it doesn't matter. Veg matters for autos, if you know your shit, you'd know you want it as big as possible before flowering.

My sources

http://www.britishecologicalsociety...logical_Papers/100_Influential_Papers_021.pdf

"Within species differences in seed size had a significant effect on seedling growth in
non-competitive cover"

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4216701?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

"A posteriori tests show that differences in seedling characteristics reflect differences in initial seed mass, with especially strong differences apparent in shoot mass. "

http://dclu.langston.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1015&context=mccabe_theses

"The germination and growth of seeds in the absence of light
caused the plants to rely solely on the resources and nourishment of the seed. Therefore,
growth of the seedling was a direct result of the seedling resources. Dissected seedling
components of large seed were consistently heavier than the medium sized seed, which
were in turn heavier than those of the small seed. This observation results in the
conclusion that the increased amount of resources in the large seed produced the heavier
seedling components."

There's three sources if you don't get it yet.

I am amazed people would come in here and laugh at me and my idea. :peacock: THAT is why people go to other forums. Not the laughing, but general set in their ways "I know it all" sort of thing.

It's a problem I see with new ideas on here. Other forums advanced on LED knowledge, while this forum has JUST LEARNED about white LED light.

The new ideas are accepted and developed quick in other forums because of this. Here they remain stagnant here because the users don't provide any good input and can only laugh.

Now I'd like you to source that seed size and weight have nothing to do with seedling size and growth. Thanks. And I am not feeling well at all about this situation of people not helping, not researching, laughing, saying it's impossible. Thanks a lot naysayers. You've made me read my points in scientific papers.

Funny thing is. Me? I don't have to read any papers. I have this way of knowing things. Just like I knew what LED's were capable of, just like I am going to breed big seed cannabis.

People don't believe in LED's because they know jack shit about them. Looks like people knew nothing (except for me) here either.

I have bolded the most important words, so you can get it more etc.

Hope you come back and respond!
bunny_jump.gif

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Ok Boss, keep your pants on. I'll respond.

Seed size has nothing to do with the final size of the plant.

Take a Northern Lights seed, which is large, and take a Vietnamese black seed, which is tiny, and sow them. In two months time the small seed will produce a 6-7 foot plant while the big seed, NL, will produce a 2-3 foot plant. Don't even get me started on vegetable seeds.

I'm not sure what your experience is, but this site is packed with experienced people, maybe that's why no one is taking your claims as fact. Maybe that's why this forum is different from others. The crap I read on other forums is clearly from people who have very little experience in raising plants.

Post up some pics of your grow, experiments, and data. Would love to see it.

Vibes

Latest posts

Latest posts