What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heliospectra LX601C LED Grow Light Diary

wayland642

I don't know if I knocked a week off flowering because the plants take the first week or two to transition from veg to flower, "it ain't instantaneous"!!

wayland642

Hey megaprop, I love this fuckin light!!! Every day I open the tent at 7 pm and am amazed at all the new stuff I see!! It's great!!

Megaprop

Hey Wayland.
Really glad you're having great results. I'll be doing another update with pics v.soon.

Yeah, the programmable LX allows the far-red trick because the far-red can be turned off and on at programmed times (end of light-cycle) whereas with the e601 it can't. Plus, the LX kicks out more far-red too. The e601 kicks out some, but less than the LX and it's continuous. Still, looking forward to hearing more from you and your grow.

Cheers

wayland642

MP, what stage are you in now?? I am just finishing my first grow with white widow and candy cane (reg). The CC are ready now, we have 1 maybe 2 more weeks on the ww.

Megaprop

Hi Wayland

First of all, you can't use the quick-reply box at the bottom. You need to hit the "Post Reply" button at the bottom-left under the last post.

A reply box comes up in the next page when it loads. You will also see a "Insert Image" button below all the emoticons. If you already have pictures in your gallery you can hit that button and select which picture you want to insert into your post.

If you want to upload pics first then you need to hit the "Forum Albums" button near the top. A new window will appear. Create an album if you haven't already got one, then click and go into it.

There will be an "Upload Image" button on the top-left. Hit that and upload up to 5 of your images. Once you've clicked upload, the pics will upload and once done you will be presented with a screen which gives you the opportunity to change the name of the pics etc.

Click save. You can now just hit the "Insert Image" button below the smileys as described above.

Hope that helps! :dance013:

Megaprop

Hi Guys

Sorry I haven't been around in a while.
Not long after my last post, my neighbours caught wind of what I was up to. It's a long story how that happened but let's just say that I live in a street of curtain-twitchers. Privacy seems to be almost impossible around here...

Anyway, I had to dismantle everything and move it all out of the house.
I am just about to get set back up again in a different location. I'll be documenting the new grow, with new plants, and avoiding the errors made in the last one, hopefully!

Stay safe, everyone. See you again soon!

Kimura

ahh that sucks!!! i had to kill 7 plants 4 weeks from harvest last week, and 9 other vegging plants i was about to flower. i live in colorado but i'm not allowed to grow in the apartment i live in :( the owner was in town and wanted to do a walk through. i cleaned up, killed plants, and gave a tent away to a friend... i even got my new 315w CMH delivered right after the owners left... good friend of mine came by and saved my clones for me! didnt leave the

Megaprop

UPDATE!!

UPDATE!!

:tiphat: Hello everyone i have returned i am all set up in a new location and will be starting fresh with the Heliospectra This time around i will be learning from past mistakes i have also invested in a few new bits of equipment and using some tried and tested nutrients watch this space for updates i will be posting content as much as i can
Happy Growing!

Megaprop

learning from past Mistakes

learning from past Mistakes

This time around i have decided to go with an XL Wilma system as i know this system inside out coupled up with the ec fan for outake (which iv since decided is a bit loud for the new location so have opted to upgrade to the system air silenced revolution) and the diffuse air you will see from the pictures i am going to post that i have set up the equipment in a circular motion (you will get my logic when you see) as the Heliospectra does give off a small amount of radiant heat from its internal fan drawing away from the intense diodes of the Led system this way it can all be dissipated in a sort of whirlwind effect which improves climate dramatically. :dance013:

Megaprop

hey you guyyssss! (sloth from goonies voice) so im all ready to unleash, i received my cuttings a week or so ago and got straight to work so i have the wilma set up and made up a light solution for the Res untill i got hold of a CF/EC truncheon (much needed) i will post a list of nutrients i have decided to use but one i feel is wortha mention and that is moonshine foliar feed so i had a few red stems on my cuttings which is a type of stress induced deficiency problem(red stem chlorosis)(not my fault i just received them that way) so opted to spray with moonshine and since then all the new growth is green with vigour i feel the light itself has played a big part also as they are now back to full health.