What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Seeds, New Strains. High and Hazy in the Low Desert. Come on Son, grow some weed.

paper thorn

Veteran
soon caught up

soon caught up

I'm posting up a few more pics to try to get this thread caught up with real time.

Here the veg is coming along. A lot of these have been put into flower, because I can see that they are not going to be keepers.

paper thorn

Veteran
These last pics sucked, but i've got more coming, better too.
Right now in real time the girls are in week 6 +. C993 and MOFO6 are the winners in looks and smell so far, early test bud says so too.

Honestly, these Mofo x WRBB crosses are the best most uniform plants. Would have been a good one to sell. very consistent. Mostly smelly, mostly big.

I have hundreds more, so many seeds, so little time.

Dakine

Veteran
So what was the final germ rate for those old seeds bro? Love the rock collection as well..I wouldn't mind knowing where that quartz rock was found.. might've had some precious or semi precious metal veins near it haha

paper thorn

Veteran
so many pictures coming

so many pictures coming

Dakine, the germ rate on those seeds from 2008 are terrible. I keep working on method, but 10 0r 20% is average with the best 50% that i've done with them.
The Mofo crosses and a few others from 2011 are 90%.
The rocks come from central Arizona for the most part. Some are just rip rap from drainage areas, river rocks. I found a petrified root or branch possibly, not positive yet, north of Phoenix in Cave Creek the other day. While there, by a new construction project there was some rip rap in a ditch they had dumped for erosion control. I parked by it to rockhound up a hillside. I saw a big green rock in the ditch.who knows where it's from, somewhere a nearby gravel pit? dumped by some dump truck.
Anyway, the rock has some smooth spots on it that tell me the whole things is a green chalcedony, maybe even simple opal, i'm leaning to it being a big piece of opal, not precious though. It's going to make some beautiful pipes.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

OK, I just spent 2 days doing these pics. Anybody in their right mind would take a pic, post it, tell about it.
Not me,
Nope, take some pics, 2 weeks later take some more...
THen i have 100 pics to go through. That's after I go through and delete half of them.

There are a ton of pics coming, but it's 4 in the morning, my hours are fucked, i'm going to bed soon.

I'm almost 8 weeks into a big seed run blooming. I had 33 Mofo crosses and some others, almost 50.
Almost all cloned, then flipped and now almost done. I'll post pics from earlier in November, up till a few days ago over the next couple days.A couple of the plants are standouts, absolutely amazing smelling looking and fat. and solid...
The Mofos are mostly similar, all look good.
Two C99 f2s one has no clone :comfort: and smells like pineapple, dammit.
The other I call C99 3 is really fat, really frosty, really stinky, for sure keeper.
Mofo 6 is also fat,funky,frosty, solid.

I got some clones from a fellow grower, sour diesel, some paki, etc, they're looking great, and he calls me and says you remember that fucked up Afghani he just grew from seed?
yeah?
well, that was a hemp mosaic virus and it's wiped out the whole veg and even sweeping across the bloom room.
oh crap, guess i better go toss them bitches and hope they didn't infect my girls.
Noticed symptoms on 2 plants, tossed them
a bluberry grapefruit and a killer queen.

Here's a pic of the infected clones. no real sign.

he has great luck cloning in those jiffys.

some seeds i've popped

some seedlings, they're looking a bit better, kinda scraggly to start with a lot of these old seeds

veg getting full, need new t5 bulbs though, they're lagging

paper thorn

Veteran
quick post before i get to making my intake bigger in the room.

did an iso wash on a 1/2 gallon jar full of trim. i used maybe a gram of it, the rest, about a 1/4 ounce is going to a friend's dad who has cancer. he will start his treatment soon after some chemo and radiation, hopefully I'll be chopping enough to give him enough for the whole treatment in time, or it will get expensive for that family.
The RSO plan is 60 grams in 90 days. starting out small and working up to a gram a day.

Big dog. Skinny old guy. he loves that chair.

Some buds as they looked a couple weeks ago

paper thorn

Veteran
more pics from early Nov.

more pics from early Nov.

This is a C99f2 labeled as c993 You can see it's pretty fat, just as solid as it looks. smells amazing.

i think this is mofo8

Mofo6

paper thorn

Veteran
a couple more

a couple more

I was thinking that I should have been more organized in my logging of my seed sprouting journey. I make a lot of notes, and take pics, but don't get right properly organizing, like making charts, writing a log, keeping track of things like I'm doing inventory control.

I'l go through all the notes and seed envelopes and make a fairly decent log of how well each strain and method did for me.

And after the next couple posts, i'll be going through the progress of every plant that is in 12/12 that is from seed, haha all but one.
It may be no fun to read and look ar as I show pics of every single plant, and give my description and opinion of it.

Just that this is what it takes do do a proper mom hunt.

Here's a couple from a couple weeks ago I'm not sure which one it is, but it is a mofo x wrbb. Nice plant, but seems to be too loose to be mom matrerial.

paper thorn

Veteran
more

a mofo

fuXXing leafhopper. Neem one daay, Dr Doom the next

some vegging mofos, getting tall, might clone some, I flipped the ones that i could tell from the ones in flower won't make the cut. otherwise, just doing minimum vegging till harvest and testing.

paper thorn

Veteran
Sour Diesel

Sour Diesel

I had a really good SD IBL that a good friend here hooked me up with a few years back.
I think a few people around here had that cut.

Very stinky, diesely, sour, lemony, stinky, and a strong high, i could work all day after a doob of that.

It was one of all my strains at the time that got knocked up by a rouge White Russian Blueberry male. Went in a couple days after I thought i had the last male from a WRBB run. Noe of the WRBBs were of any note, but that male has been gold so far in all the seeds that it made from that run. I had a Chem4, a Blueberry, a Sour Diesel, a Mofo, a Tahoe OG, a Super Silver Haze, an Elephant. Hundreds of seeds, mostly mofo.

Anyway, here is a SD x WRBB
labeled SD4
it's fattened up a lot since this pic, no loud smell like it's momma, but we'll see.

from left: mofo10, sd4(tall one), cheese2(short),cheese1(tall on right)

The Cheese2is fat, dense, wonderful smelling, soaked in resin and I somehow lost the clones/vegging. The Cheese1 is tall, though it filled in, but it's to little and has way too long to go still. I popped the last 2 seeds of the 5 Fem Champions Cheese seeds I won in one of the Herbie's seeds contests. Hopefully i find one as good as cheese2.

Decided to blast some trim, the big black nasty frozen chunk of RSO is waiting to be added to some more I'll make soon, for a patient. I think it's nasty to smoke, OK to eat though in some edible or whatever.

The bho doesn't look all that hot either, i put a dab on top of my bud in a bowl, gave the rest away, to deserving folks maybe if I had a dab rig or a new globe.

Listening to Warpaint, nice background music.
[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOFxb0F2F2A&index=23&list=RDeJPbqXgGhGc[/YOUTUBEIF]

I posted a pic of this rock earlier. Well, I took it to a rockhound/mineral club meeting and was told it is Serpentine. The layered outer, weathered part is like that because of different hardnesses of the layers, it is Limestone / Serpentine / Limestone ...
Knowing that, i can see Serpentine Crystals that are smeared?, squished? in the layers. The limestone is compressed into... well it's different than other limestone i've seen. So i'm thinking metamorphic, compressed and heated, Serpentine layers crystal up, so does the limestone, the Serpentine, plastic from the weight and heat flows, crystal grow in some spots, leaving these streaks going out from the green lumps. You can see one of the crystals of serpentine in the middle top of that rock, on the weahered part, the limestone is softer and wore away exposing the serpentine.

paper thorn

Veteran
c993

c993

This C99f2 (above) has me excited. Smells so strong, fruity, but changing to funky, thick,tight buds covered in resin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is mf5 (above) the first one to start stinking. nice mofo smell.
Mofo had a strong lemon lime almost key lime smell, almost like sprite.
This one was small when it was flipped, but has stacked all the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mofo 6 above, is like the c99, bud all the way, thick, really deep funky ass smell, but in a good way lol. Very probable keeper.
i called one in an above post mf6, i think that was a mf8, this is 6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Above, crowded like my normal style.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a mofo^^

paper thorn

Veteran

Above, mofo 15, this one is actually still in the running, fat, pretty good mofo smell, pretty stony based on an early tester bud.

^^Bubba, the 9, C99

paper thorn

Veteran

vegging along, seedlings in the back, i'll edit this with a list of all of them in a bit.

edit: So out of 27 different kinds of seeds, with anywhere from 1 or 2 to a dozen, average 6 seeds a pack, so 150 ish seeds and I got about 30 to pop, some of them never came up after going from the paper towel to the coco, some died after sprouting, I ended up with 19.:laughing:

2 Cheese
1 Sweet Warp x Burmese Kush
1 Super Silver Haze
2 White Widow
2 NYCD x Oregon Burmese1
5 White Russian x Blueberry
1 Sour Diesel x WRBB
1 Purple Kush x WRBB
3 NYCD x Sweet Tooth 3
1 Cinnamon Haze x MoD
------
19 total

~~~~~~~~~~`

The seed packs above the last for a few days. That's Purple Kush(it was the sr71 pk) x white russian blueberry. possibly could have had some Sweet Warp pollen in the room back then, so the pack says or sw. But SW was good too! Scuffed the shit out of them, gave them a peroxide solution bath, then a soak all day in a pressurized bottle of water with thrive alive, sugar, and oxygen. Then into the paper towels, so far none germed.

Popped the last two of my cheese seeds. both sprouted.

So did another power soak with some DreamGoddess x Sweet Warp. two days in the paper towels, nothing.

the last time i tried these seeds i got none out of 25 seeds.
i grew a few of these years ago and really liked the buds and the buzz.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

then there's this rock currently my favorite rock.
Daughter in law looks at me funny when she hears me talk about my favorite rock. She says she never thought she'd ever hear anyone say anything like that. ikr.

Got some diamond drills and burrs, started drilling a hole in the stem of a pipe. not long enough though., but it's a start.
This rock has given me a design inspiration. I'll make a few that are shaped just like this one. They're going to be cool.

Last edited:

paper thorn

Veteran
The next few posts will be showing each plant plus a bud shot. These pics were taken on last week. Week 7. 49 days.

The mofos are the most consistently uniform plants I've grown. It's a good one to run just for the bud, and not for a mom hunt.

First up though is SD4. It tripled in stretch, buds fattened up nicely, but no big smell.

These buds look like diesel, they'll go another couple weeks easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheese2

Fucking clones died, and this one, will have to re-veg, fingers crossed it works, smells delicious, fat blonde buds, dripping with resin. and no clone. good lord smh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Mofo15 bud

7+ week bud smokes good, tastes good, and def has a good buzz.
Real testing's going to be a bitch.

paper thorn

Veteran
Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

here's cheese1

A lot taller than the other, but it filled in. Looks better all the time but it must need three more weeks from this pic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C991. I'm really pissed about this one. it was a bit wimpy, and rather than wait for it to veg up, i said fuck it and flipped it, it was too small to clone.

It smells like pineapple. Tastes great and gets you stoned. arrggh no clone. A guy came over today, i showed him the little c99, he goes, that smells just like pineapple. uh huh! no clone. I chopped the top and put it in the veg room. going for the re-veg.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C993 maybe the best one in the room

Fat, stinky, resiny, bud all the way down. did i say fat?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69399&pictureid=1676025" target="_blank">View Image

vegging along, seedlings in the back, i'll edit this with a list of all of them in a bit.

edit: So out of 27 different kinds of seeds, with anywhere from 1 or 2 to a dozen, average 6 seeds a pack, so 150 ish seeds and I got about 30 to pop, some of them never came up after going from the paper towel to the coco, some died after sprouting, I ended up with 19.:laughing:

2 Cheese
1 Sweet Warp x Burmese Kush
1 Super Silver Haze
2 White Widow
2 NYCD x Oregon Burmese1
5 White Russian x Blueberry
1 Sour Diesel x WRBB
1 Purple Kush x WRBB
3 NYCD x Sweet Tooth 3
1 Cinnamon Haze x MoD
------
19 total

~~~~~~~~~~`

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69399&pictureid=1676026" target="_blank">View Image

The seed packs above the last for a few days. That's Purple Kush(it was the sr71 pk) x white russian blueberry. possibly could have had some Sweet Warp pollen in the room back then, so the pack says or sw. But SW was good too! Scuffed the shit out of them, gave them a peroxide solution bath, then a soak all day in a pressurized bottle of water with thrive alive, sugar, and oxygen. Then into the paper towels, so far none germed.

Popped the last two of my cheese seeds. both sprouted.

So did another power soak with some DreamGoddess x Sweet Warp. two days in the paper towels, nothing.

the last time i tried these seeds i got none out of 25 seeds.
i grew a few of these years ago and really liked the buds and the buzz.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69399&pictureid=1676028" target="_blank">View Image

then there's this rock currently my favorite rock.
Daughter in law looks at me funny when she hears me talk about my favorite rock. She says she never thought she'd ever hear anyone say anything like that. ikr.

Got some diamond drills and burrs, started drilling a hole in the stem of a pipe. not long enough though., but it's a start.
This rock has given me a design inspiration. I'll make a few that are shaped just like this one. They're going to be cool.
Hello PT, nice rock, please ost pics as you progress with your dremmel. Also the buddage looks great. good job!:tiphat:
OTOH, brother you need either a new seed vendor or a better process for germing.. 19 out of 150!? I used to get 50% germs, then stared to pay attention. tap water>shot glass, 1-2 days til they crack (in allot of years, ive only scuffed a seed twice)
then into the paper towel ina dish covered with plastic wrap for MAYBE 2 days til tap root first appears, then burry 1" in media. The attention to the orientation of the sowed seed in the media is somewhat important too. the seed should be placed (this isn't corn) in the media with that little taproot facing down. I used to get seeds dying because the up facing tap root grew first up, then down and strangled the new veg trying to emerge from the media. too much water is also a major suspect along with direct wind on the emerging babies for about 4-7 days not under some kind of dome apparatus.

150 seeds? do you have the room to veg/bloom even half of them?

paper thorn

Veteran
more c99

more c99

c993

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Mofo5

One of the first to start smelling, not bad, same as most of them, pretty good smoke. buds a little loose, most likely not a contender.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Halle Barry

AKA Fluff

paper thorn

Veteran
Howdy Snook, i appreciate you dropping in.

I dig what your saying on the seeds, but No vendor for these seeds, All (most) made by me.
Some awesome stuff in there. lol.

These seeds I'm going through are all 8 years old+. Well, some are from 2011, but they do really well. The 8 year old seeds though are hit and miss. One cross, dream goddess x sweet warp was so good, but I have tried at least 50 of them with no luck so far, really drags down my average. Most of them I at least get 25 - 50 %.

I've tried every possible method to pop them, some straight into the coco. Some into paper towels. Some scuffed. I searched around the internet for methods of popping old seeds. Pretty good ideas, though I don't know if they really make much difference. Sometimes they pop, but then can't break the shell open enough to grow. I need to get a magnifier headset and some dental picks and pull them apart after they split maybe.

I'm just on a mission to try to go through all of my old seeds while there's still a chance of getting anything.

There's gold in them seeds. Like the C99 f2s, which Nuggetshiner sent me years ago. Out of 6 seeds i had left 4 popped. 1 died. c994 has never been flipped because it's languishing in veg, it's a female, but who knows if it will ever amount to anything. gets better all the time. one of them, C991 i'm trying to reveg because it's so friggen amazing, total pineapple. So stoney.
Going through my veg room last night and I found a cup with a C991 in it. So it seems I did get a c991 cut so the reveg is not necessary, yeehaw.

These pics are all Mofo6, pretty sure this one's a keeper, fat, solid, stinky, she's got it all.

paper thorn

Veteran
Mofo4

Probably not a keeper, but fat and resiny nonetheless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Mofo30

Mofo 30 is a contender. It may not look like much in the pic, but it looks white from across the room. Very resiny. Very stinky, early bud tester is promising. btw, this and several others will be chopping tonight. (8 1/2 weeks tonight) these pics are from 7 weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mofo 9

Best looking plant in veg, not sure about how well it will do. Not as stinky as i like. But very branchy and nice buds.

paper thorn

Veteran
Bubba

Bubba

Something more familiar to you guys. This is my Pre 98 Bubba Kush.
7 weeks

Smells incredible, looks great. I need to do a big run of nothing but bubba

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Big dog, is doing fairly well right now, adding a little bit of weight, not throwing up quite as bad, but he chewed his toe again the other day and it got infected. We were past that till he licked and chewed it again. my fault, i left his socks off to long. I think we're getting the infection under control, his toe got mega fat, but may be going down, hoping.

edit: seems this is a repeat on the big dog pic, should have put up a cat pic lol

Last edited: