What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What extractors can process around a pound of material?

Snype

Veteran
I have a Tamisium 2 oz model. I like it for personal but I need a safe extractor that can process around a pound of dry material without paying over 3k. There seems to be so many other companies popping up all the time so it's getting confusing. What are my options for extractors that can fit around 1 pound of material?

Snype

Veteran
I meant one comparable to a Tamisium that can process around 1 pound of material.
picture.php

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A Mk IA or II Terpenator will process up to two pounds, depending on the column used.

Snype

Veteran
A Mk IA or II Terpenator will process up to two pounds, depending on the column used.

Is there a reason that there are 2 models that can process the same amount? Which machine out of those 2 is better? Is there a breakdown of all of your models to see how much each one can process?

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Mk IA and Mk II, are the same size. The Mk I was the original prototype, and the Mk IA was the Mk I with sanitary spools for columns, instead of schedule 10 pipe with bolted flanges. The Mk II uses a different manufacturer lower tank and is fully automatic, where the Mk IA is manual.

The Mk IIIA is a small compact unit, and the Mk IV never made it out of conceptual, because I was able to talk Glacier into ordering me the 12" spools for the Mk V.

The Mk V holds about 5 lbs, could hold 7.5 lbs with 36" columns, and the first manual prototype is currently undergoing shakedown. It currently takes about 30 seconds to flood one of the columns and about 30 minutes to pump the pressure back down to zero, after flooding both columns.

That is using dual Appions, while we await the dual TR-21's ordered, and the results on the Haskel pneumatic that we are circling and considering.

We haven added the column heat yet, so don't know where we will end up on final pump down.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like the shakedown pictures all turned out dark, operating under a tent in the rain, but here is one I took when the new owner took delivery from Trilett.

More after I get the lighting down better.

Attachments

• Mk V at delivery-1-1.jpg
    Mk V at delivery-1-1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 14

Snype

Veteran
Thank you for the details! So I take it if I want your top of the line model to process a pound, then the MK2 is what I should buy? I'm new to attaching a vac pump into a unit and have been using the Tamisium but want to go to lower temperatures and get a better product.

So my last question to you if I am correct with ordering the MK2 is what else am I going to need to use it correctly? What is a good vacuum pump that I can buy where I don't have to worry about oil getting into the product? Anything else you can tell me that you think I need to know would be nice but thank you so much for your information. It's all a little confusing to me with all the threads but I'm going to search for information on the MK2.

prune

Veteran
Anything else you can tell me that you think I need to know would be nice but thank you so much for your information. It's all a little confusing to me with all the threads but I'm going to search for information on the MK2.

Jeez, you just refuse to do the honest research yourself, you just post these re-hash threads and ask the same simple crap over and OVER again, my god is it laziness? lameness? or just BMOTI complex?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you for the details! So I take it if I want your top of the line model to process a pound, then the MK2 is what I should buy? I'm new to attaching a vac pump into a unit and have been using the Tamisium but want to go to lower temperatures and get a better product.

So my last question to you if I am correct with ordering the MK2 is what else am I going to need to use it correctly? What is a good vacuum pump that I can buy where I don't have to worry about oil getting into the product? Anything else you can tell me that you think I need to know would be nice but thank you so much for your information. It's all a little confusing to me with all the threads but I'm going to search for information on the MK2.

I'm still beating my original CPS VP6S single stage vacuum pump and it continues to perform flawlessly around five years later. There are ostensibly better ones out there, but I only paid $195 for this one, back when...........

You also need one or more recovery pumps, some hoses, and a refrigerant recovery tank, as well as some form of collection pot heat.

Snype

Veteran
Ok I'm really dumb when it comes to what I need. I want to buy an MK2 to process a pound of material at a time. To run the machine I'd like to pay up to $750 for good grade vacuum pumps. I don't really understand how many pumps that I need to run the MK2. I also don't understand what size pumps that I need. I'm retarded when it comes to things like this. Anyway, to run the machine itself to the best of it's capability, can you point me in a direction with how many pumps I will need and which modes that are really good that will cost me know more than 1k for the pumps to run the MK2.

Ok I'm really dumb when it comes to what I need. I want to buy an MK2 to process a pound of material at a time. To run the machine I'd like to pay up to $750 for good grade vacuum pumps. I don't really understand how many pumps that I need to run the MK2. I also don't understand what size pumps that I need. I'm retarded when it comes to things like this. Anyway, to run the machine itself to the best of it's capability, can you point me in a direction with how many pumps I will need and which modes that are really good that will cost me know more than 1k for the pumps to run the MK2.

If you arent willing to look it up maybe you shouldnt be running this machine. Its all there
MK1 & MK2
MKIII
MKV

I think that so far accidents with the closed loop systems have been minimal because most of the people using them were pretty diligent with their research and were willing to put in the extra work to figure things out.

Snype

Veteran
http://www.appioninc.com/products/g5features.html
G5Twin Refrigerant Recovery Machine

1. Is this pump a good pump to get for the MK2 or is it too big or too small?

2. Can this pump be used on the MK2 with the 2 pound column as well or do I need a different pump if I was to use more or less material?

3. Do I need 1 or 2 of these pumps for the MK2? I would like to try to run material without having to soak the extractor in hot water like the Tamisium.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I have a hybrid BHOgart Extractor that has been treating me well.
Coupled with the Appion G5, and a ebay vac pump and chamber combo
we've been super happy with the results.

Snype

Veteran
I have a hybrid BHOgart Extractor that has been treating me well.
Coupled with the Appion G5, and a ebay vac pump and chamber combo
we've been super happy with the results.

Wish I knew how safe it was compared to an MK2 or how they both differ. I know there's a thread but it's all so confusing. All I want is a list of what I need to to buy to run material so I can start buying what I need but it's difficult with all this information to go through.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We run two Appion G-5's on the Mk II. You can also use dual TR-21's, or Caresaver Universals, as well as a Haskel pneumatic.

Snype

Veteran
We run two Appion G-5's on the Mk II. You can also use dual TR-21's, or Caresaver Universals, as well as a Haskel pneumatic.

Thanks! There's a store in my area that sells the G-5's so I will purchase 2 of those.

Snype

Veteran
I thought the MK2 can process 1-2 pounds. On the website it said:

"With the 24″ column in place, it holds about 240 grams of material, which provides an average production rate of about 80 grams per hour plus raw essential oil extract."

If that's true what column am I supposed to get to run 1 pound of material through an MK2?

prune

Veteran
Wish I knew how safe it was compared to an MK2 or how they both differ. I know there's a thread but it's all so confusing. All I want is a list of what I need to to buy to run material so I can start buying what I need but it's difficult with all this information to go through.

Like Regis pointed out, people like you who find these threads "confusing" and "difficult" should not be requesting from people who can read to assemble what is essentially a list of parts for a bomb.

Here is another thread your neighbors are going to regret that you didn't read:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=266761

There comes a point where helpful begets culpability, folks...

Latest posts

Latest posts