What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced nutes vs house and garden , what nute do you all like better ?

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
how are the results as compared to H and G ?

results are dependent upon grower, not ferts, its how the grower asministers the ferts and not the actual fert.

which is the reason that growers switch ferts its to find one that suits them best, and not actually which is better but which is better for them.

results are dependent upon grower, not ferts, its how the grower asministers the ferts and not the actual fert.

which is the reason that growers switch ferts its to find one that suits them best, and not actually which is better but which is better for them.

I agree with that for sure, but the reason im asking so many questions about ferts is i just want to make sure it is as complete as possible for this type of plant, I want it at a reasonable pirce and easy to use . I cant stand the price of Advanced nutes, i cant stand that everytime i pour from the advanced nute bottle that they leak down the bottle and onto the floor wasting money every pour and i cant stand that i need 10 bottles of high price nute to get the job done.

Most important to me is price and making sure it is as complete of a nute as possibel at a fair price.

nrgpill

People here have already mentioned Dyna-Gro and Jacks (J.R. Peters). Do those not interest you any or did you just miss them?

Dyna-Gro is complete w/ essential micronutrients, and Jacks is mostly complete as well (it's missing cobalt and something else, but Jacks + Dyna-Gro Protekt works really really well). This is the combo I use and it's really hard to beat the value of soluble powder nute.

People here have already mentioned Dyna-Gro and Jacks (J.R. Peters). Do those not interest you any or did you just miss them?

Dyna-Gro is complete w/ essential micronutrients, and Jacks is mostly complete as well (it's missing cobalt and something else, but Jacks + Dyna-Gro Protekt works really really well). This is the combo I use and it's really hard to beat the value of soluble powder nute.

Honestly i must have missed those nutes you listed . In fact i find my self posting stuff and then i review past posts and someone answered my questions already.. so yes i miss alot . so thank you for reposted that info . I will check them out being i never heard of them and need to learn about them . Thank you

Faint:jump:

Last edited:
Dare I say, Maxibloom is the cheapest complete nutrient.
Check out the K.I.S.S. thread for proven results:)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645

I check out the KISS thread about maxibloom, Im awwstruck. I m mean what the F#$%^K I bought advanced because i trusted what the hydro store guy told me . I spend all this dough broke all the time and i can get great results with a 16.00 buck bag of maxbloom. man that just F$#%^Ked up. I feel like i got raped..

My only thought is can you tell by the flavor or the way the herb burns that it was cheap nutes being used ? or is there no difference at all ?

Faint

Last edited:
G

Guest 18340

I've only ever used Gh products so maybe ask in the K.I.S.S. thread. I suspect though that most will say theirs no diff in herb flavor or burn characteristics.

G

greenmatter

I check out the KISS thread about maxibloom, Im awwstruck. I m mean what the F#$%^K I bought advanced because i trusted what the hydro store guy told me . I spend all this dough broke all the time and i can get great results with a 16.00 buck bag of maxbloom. man that just F$#%^Ked up. I feel like i got raped..

My only thought is can you tell by the flavor or the way the herb burns that it was cheap nutes being used ? or is there no difference at all ?

Faint

welcome to the hydro store! .......... if they can get you to spend $160 instead of $16, they call it a win.

i had a debate with one of my local grow store guys about lucas formula ....... he says it's bullshit and i show him a couple good pics on IC because pics end arguments ...... his new position is that the lucas guys are all liars and the pics are bogus, but when i ask him what they would have to gain by all these "lies" he's got nothin'.

he has stopped trying to sell me anything unless i ask about it, so the "grow store experience" has become much less of a headache ......

GuyManDude

i ran H&G coco nutes in coco and my plants always showed deficiencies. Is Aqua Flakes that much better in coco? gimme a run down of the line up, please.
I will say I have been running AN (just the Hobbyist line: Sensi Bloom A&B, Big Bud, B-52, and OverDrive, recently been trying Bud Factor X) and have been loving it. Very easy to use. I mix according to the nute chart from the web site. For some strains, I will cut the mix down, but always maintain the ration of 2:1 base to additive. My yields have grown very nicely and my plant shave never looked better with AN.
However, I want to learn about the Aqua Flakes. I really like the price difference and would love to cut my expenses

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
H&G coco was formulated for drain to waste....aqua flkes was formulated for recirculating systems

K

Kitsym

hmmmm, the more and more i read about growers experiences on here regarding nutrients and what works best has inspired me to have now gotten into GH MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom and i'm really interested to see in the future if it can be held up to An grown buds!!

K

Kitsym

^ hmmm, what all the way from Cutting/Seed to Flower?

for another 20 bucks where i am i'll take the MaxiGrow for early veg, I'm sure maxi bloom would work all the way tho, but maybe not as specific for the different phases of growth....

Between the two, it would be H&G. Been using H&G in coir for a while and have just had a very nice experience by testing Dyna-Gro.
I'll be using DG for a bit from the looks of it. :)

what dyna grow products are you using. I bet dyna grow and dyna bloom any additives ?

Electrician

Ive used GH side by side with H&G and I will never go back. H&G with additional additives is IMO the only way to grow. I'd like to try the KISS with just the bloom as an experiment. Actually Im going to do it just for kicks. Im having a hard time believing the results are going to be the same. I will give it a go

Ive used GH side by side with H&G and I will never go back. H&G with additional additives is IMO the only way to grow. I'd like to try the KISS with just the bloom as an experiment. Actually Im going to do it just for kicks. Im having a hard time believing the results are going to be the same. I will give it a go

I just call Gh and asked them about Maxi grow and bloom. I told him i am using advanced nutes and told him i hate the price and asked him about maxi grow and bloom he said it a good dry nute thats cheap,i asked him how complete it was he said it is a good nute and i said but is it complete and said if i want to make sure i have great results and have a real complete nute mix, he saidto add Floralious plus,flora blend and rapid start. he said this wil insure a great grow for sure . he said i dont have to use those additive and the maxi grow and bloom will do well but with those additives i will do way better.. I have no clue has anyone used all these products. i want to make sure im going down the right road with my nutes. all the, energy ,work , genetic costs etc , i want to make sure im not disapointed in the end

Im not disapointed with advanced i just want to do it cheaper, btw i complained to advanced nutes about their bottle design, i dont know if you all have this issue but every time i pour my nutes out of those bottles they leak down the side of the bottle , they just dont pour well. I waste nuets everytime i pour ,all over the floor. They need a better bottle . i use syringe but if your doing 200ml at a time that takes forever.. advance nutes did not care much. I think they thought i was crazy....

Last edited:

Homebrewer

Veteran
... he saidto add Floralious plus,flora blend and rapid start. he said this wil insure a great grow for sure . he said i dont have to use those additive and the maxi grow and bloom will do well but with those additives i will do way better.. I have no clue has anyone used all these products. i want to make sure im going down the right road with my nutes. all the, energy ,work , genetic costs etc , i want to make sure im not disapointed in the end

I use Floralicious plus regularly and florablend on occasion. FLP is a good product in hydro, I found no benefit in the dirt. I use it with DynaGro in my hydro tables and overall DynaGro is ridiculously easy to use (cheap, highly concentrated, 100% complete and pH stable). Florablend is also a nice 'organic-ish' additive but I'm really not sure if it's worth the effort. I would use one or the other and if I had to chose just one, it would be FLP. Neither of these products however will increase yield or potency, I will say though that they offer aesthetic benefits.

If you're considering DynaGro, I would not recommend it if you're just learning to grow. Beginners tend to over-complicate things with snake oils and other unnecessary products thinking that complicating the process makes for a better product. DG is for people who understand what really matters.